10 Year Anniversary events

I thought it might be worth having a lis of all the 'official' anniversary events in the UK and Ireland. We certainly intend to make it to a few (one of which is ours)!

Epsom Downs - North Surrey on Sunday the 2nd at 11am onwards for a picnic!

I've created a bookmark list for UK 10th anniversary events and added this. If I see any more or folks let me know, I'll add them as well.

Jon

Edited by Dakar4x4

Wouldn't it be great if we could have some form of video linkup between some or all of these events? :)

Impractical of course as some of the events don't even overlap, but an interesting idea!

nice idea, but as you say, they don't all overap, and I haven't got the time or skill to set this up for ours! Besides, its in the middle of a racecourse, so we're somewhat lacking in leccy!

I thought it might be worth having a lis of all the 'official' anniversary events in the UK and Ireland. We certainly intend to make it to a few (one of which is ours)!

I've created a bookmark list for UK 10th anniversary events and added this. If I see any more or folks let me know, I'll add them as well.

Jon

Here is one for you Jon

GC25CXF -10 Years! Stratford Upon Avon, UK

Kev

Jon

That's very useful Jon. Is it possible to get easy access to this list via my "Manage Bookmarks" link on my profile?? I can only see my own Bookmarks on this page, and yet it would seem to be a good place to also list other public shared Bookmark Lists.

Chris

There is one happening in North Norfolk HERE

I guess there's always one that doesn't ahere to the Groundspeak suggested naming standard? How difficult can it be?

Jon.

Or maybe 2......Your not gonna like this one in Essex either :)Here

Hah... I spoke to soon eh? I'll add it on. Not sure if it'll get full approval for being an official anniversary event though as I don't think it's on the right weekend as I understand it... Don't they have to be on the 1st or the 2nd?

Jon.

Thats why I didn't follow the suggested naming standard knowing it won't actually qualify for the special 10 anniversary event icon as it isn't on the required weekend.

We are having a belated birthday

As long as there's a cake with candles, you can stay on the list :D

PM me a slice will you? :)

Jon.

I've one pending for Sunday the 2nd of May, close to England's oldest remaining cache at Coombe Hill in Bucks. I'll add a link if/when it's approved :rolleyes:

Just read this and thought that there therefore migt be two as I also put a request for one in the same location. Mine is the day before.

Is there enough interest to be there two days in a row???

Shipley Park, Derbyshire

On Sunday 2nd.

There is one 20 miles away in Loughborough on Saturday 1st.

There are 226 worldwide as I type, I wonder if there'll be a quest to bag a record number of "never to be seen again" cache icons! :rolleyes:

I've just looked at your event, and the icon is the same as any other event. Did you mean to say "never to be seen again" event names! or is Groundspeak going to give each celebrated event a new icon?

10 Years! Events

In addition to the standard event cache Guidelines, there are a few additional guidelines that need to be followed for the event to qualify for a 10 Years! cache type icon.

Additional Guidelines:

* Events must be held on May 1 or May 2, 2010.

* The name of the event needs to be formatted this way: "10 Years! ." For example: 10 Years! Seattle, WA or 10 Jahre! Munich, Germany.

* At least 10 people must attend the event.

* Flashmobs do not qualify.

* A video or picture must be taken at the event. At least 10 attendees must be in the video/photo along with a legible sign showing the event coordinates and location name.

* The people in the video or photo should be festive. Be inventive! But please keep it family friendly.

Presumably, once Groundspeak have checked the evidence, the cache icon will be awarded?

I've one pending for Sunday the 2nd of May, close to England's oldest remaining cache at Coombe Hill in Bucks. I'll add a link if/when it's approved :)
Just read this and thought that there therefore migt be two as I also put a request for one in the same location. Mine is the day before.

Is there enough interest to be there two days in a row???

Sorry metal-bijou, I didn't know anyone else had plans for a 10 Year Event up on the hill- or anywhere else in Bucks, for that matter. I'd be happy to 'co-pro' mine with you? Two at the same location, one after another, might be a bit over-kill but a Reviewer could give you their view? I doubt there's a rule against it... Mine took several extra days to approve as Groundspeak's ruling on what the name needs to be to get the special icon was rather more specific that I'd been lead to believe (based on looking at similar events) but we got there in the end - Sorry for the hold-up.

I see we have no '10 Years!' event in London. :P

Would anyone be interested if I organised an event on the Friday evening (30th April, which is now permitted) in the City?

I shall checkout a couple of venues tonight and see if I can make a booking. I know it's a tough job, (chatting up landlords and beer tasting) but someone has to do it. :lol:

I see we have no '10 Years!' event in London. :P

Would anyone be interested if I organised an event on the Friday evening (30th April, which is now permitted) in the City?

I shall checkout a couple of venues tonight and see if I can make a booking. I know it's a tough job, (chatting up landlords and beer tasting) but someone has to do it. ;)

I would have done but I'll be heading towards Cornwall for the 1st May stuff at Padstein :lol: