Caching in Saudi...

terratin

Hello,

we'd like to drive from Qatar to Bahrain and pick up a few caches along the way. There are some questions still open, and everyone I speak to says something else. Maybe someone did this trip, or from UAE to Bahrain or something similar before and can help.

I was told yesterday that we could end up in serious trouble if we leave the road to Bahrain or just stop and are caught, be it to find a cache nearby or to make a little detour for some interesting landscape photos. Is this true?

I also heard that appearantly you have to register at the embassy in Bahrain (which one?) once you arrived there. True or not?

Cheers,

Mrs. terratin

Hello,

we'd like to drive from Qatar to Bahrain and pick up a few caches along the way. There are some questions still open, and everyone I speak to says something else. Maybe someone did this trip, or from UAE to Bahrain or something similar before and can help.

I was told yesterday that we could end up in serious trouble if we leave the road to Bahrain or just stop and are caught, be it to find a cache nearby or to make a little detour for some interesting landscape photos. Is this true?

I also heard that appearantly you have to register at the embassy in Bahrain (which one?) once you arrived there. True or not?

Cheers,

Mrs. terratin

Hello

We did this trip in January 2010 (we live in Saudi Arabia, but were holidaying in Qatar and Bahrain) and bagged caches along the way. The road is remote and we had no troubles detouring to find the caches. Most of the caches on the way to Bahrain are within 4 or 5 kms of the road. Have fun and happy caching!

Photos: Landscapes are NO problem, but if you want to snap people, it's always best to ask first in Saudi Arabia.

As for registering at the embassy, you can if you want to - it is never compulsory, just highly recommended if there are problems while you are in-country.

me N u ;)