Ummmm... rattlesnakes?

It's actually really true. I was scared to try rattlesnake, because I thought it would be really gross; but it's actually extremely tasty.
I had a chance to buy one last weekend. I was at a store that sells game and exotic meats and they had a 4-pound rattlesnake, but at $35/lb, I decided to pass.

Fear of snakebite is much like that of sharks after the movie Jaws. Statistics tell us it is rare but it still scares the dickens out of folks!

I read at one site that more people die from insect stings each year than snake bites.

Here's what you should be worried about, but few do.

Top 15 causes of death in the US:

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/dvs/LCWK9_2006.pdf

Snakebite has never been in even the top 100 causes.

Interesting how we ignore the top 15 causes to focus on the bottom 1%. :blink:

We?

I love eating fried frog legs, ummmm, ummmmmm......good. But them frogs when they is jumping around and looking all ugly and warty like, oh yeah, THAT's one delicious sight to behold fer sure.

I'd as soon kiss a rattlesnake as a frog, but only if he promised to make it one of them 'dry' kisses. Otherwise, I'm going fer the frog smooch.

Edited by Team Cotati
It's actually really true. I was scared to try rattlesnake, because I thought it would be really gross; but it's actually extremely tasty.
I had a chance to buy one last weekend. I was at a store that sells game and exotic meats and they had a 4-pound rattlesnake, but at $35/lb, I decided to pass.

Holy crap! That's one expensive snake! I was lucky enough to have someone prepare it for me, don't think I'll be buying some either any time soon. :blink: