Numbering cache finds in logs

I notice that when some cachers log the log entry has the cache find# and other automagically generated information such as find date and time.

Which application(s) are they using to do this?

I have GSAK... could that be used to help?

Thanks in advance,

MrA

Please don't just log with a script! Write an individual, fair and meaningful log. What's the point of logs like:

# 324 10-12-09 09:24 AM John Doe
?

Owners generally put some effort into hiding and maintaining their caches. It's just respectful to put some effort into a found it log. If you, on the other hand, want to express that there was no effort at all on the onwners side, then log as short as possible. "+1" or all the 4 letter abbreviations come to mind.

To answer your question: Some logs state that the software by Trimble puts in that information. How would GSAK know at what time you have been at the cache?

GermanSailor

I agree with GermanSailor. Please don't "auto" log your finds. If it was worth finding, it is worth writing something that reflects the experience.

To partially answer your question, there is a Greasemonkey script that will automatically put your find count as part of your log.

I notice that when some cachers log the log entry has the cache find# and other automagically generated information such as find date and time.

Which application(s) are they using to do this?

I have GSAK... could that be used to help?

Thanks in advance,

MrA

I use an iPhone to write short field notes on my finds in the field...the app Geosphere allows me to insert the date/time in those field notes. I only make note of the find count on milestones.

As a cache Owner, I like personal logs. As a cache Finder, I try to write personal logs. I'm also old fashioned, so I bring along notes for the caches. When I find them I jot down the time and date. I'll usually include that info in with my log by typing it in manually.

The only count I've entered is my 100th find, and though a milestone for me I more so mentioned it cause my 100th happens to coincide with another member's 1000th find, and the cache I found was placed in honor of him. I had no idea or plan to make my 100th find at the cache hidden for the other guy's 1000th, it was just pure coincidence. I just saw that as I began my log for it, and the previous log said I had 99 Found. ;)

Other than that one example, I just figured nobody really cares how many caches I've found or placed. So why bother even keeping track of that on my field notes that I jot down? If anyone wants to see my numbers, they're in the profile somewhere on the site. :laughing: