Error when logging TB, need advice to fix logs

GeoWyrm

Hopefully this is just a newbie mistake with an easy fix, but after a search of the forums I can't find the answer. ;)

I found a TB at a cache I recently visited which had not been dropped into it's current cache. I logged it in as grabbed but then a friend told me I should wait until the previous person logs it so I deleted my log. Now it shows the TB is in my hands, but not where it came from. I was able to track down the person who helped the traveller along and they were going to log the move, but it is no longer showing in the inventory of the cache where they retrieved it! So what should we do to fix the problem and move it from GC22FWA Tracy's TB Inn Express to GC1XHFG Welcome Cachers? Should he 'grab' it from me and log it back into GC22FWA then GC1XHFG then I do my retrieve? :anibad:

I'm not finding the bug in your possession so I am not 100% clear on what needs to be done here.

So what should we do to fix the problem and move it from GC22FWA Tracy's TB Inn Express to GC1XHFG Welcome Cachers? Should he 'grab' it from me and log it back into GC22FWA then GC1XHFG then I do my retrieve? :laughing:

Yes, that is exactly what you should do. He can delete the Grab log from you when finished.

If for some reason you no longer have his cooperation you can do the Drop/Retrieve, Drop/Retrieve yourself but it sounds to me he needs to get a stat for moving the bug and won't get one unless he does some of the logging.

Edited by BlueDeuce
I logged it in as grabbed but then a friend told me I should wait until the previous person logs it so I deleted my log. Now it shows the TB is in my hands, but not where it came from.

If you grabbed a trackable online, it is in your inventory untill you or someone less logs it again. Deleting your grab-log doesn't affect this.

Best thint to do is:

1. Grab the TB from current holder.

2. Write a note on the geocache where you fount the TB, and drop it there.

3. Delete this note.

4. Log a "retrieved-it" for the TB

By doing so, the TB's online journey reflects the actual situation.

GermanSailor