Needs Maintenance

QuePID

When I mark a geocache as "needs maintenance" and go to "search for nearest geocaches" I do not see a check mark beside the cache which I marked as "needs maintenance". Should I log the cache as found as well as marking the cache as "needing maintenance"? Do caches marked as "needs maintenance" figure into an individuals caches found number?

Thanks for any input.

When I mark a geocache as "needs maintenance" and go to "search for nearest geocaches" I do not see a check mark beside the cache which I marked as "needs maintenance". Should I log the cache as found as well as marking the cache as "needing maintenance"? Do caches marked as "needs maintenance" figure into an individuals caches found number?

Thanks for any input.

Generally a log only does one thing. If you found the cache, and it also needs mainence, then you need to post both types of logs.

Found logs mark the cache found for you.

Need maintenance logs mark the cache as needing maintenance.

Thanks for any input.

Yes you log a found as well if that is the case. A needs maintenance does not indicate that a cache was found.

Often a needs maintenance log is entered by someone after getting a DNF if it is one of several in a row on a historically easy find that is most likely missing.

Dang, I actually learned something in the forum today! :laughing:

I don't watch my stats much so I never noticed this.

I've always posted an NM log when it was needed and assumed that added the cache to my find count.

I DNF enough that I never assume that the cache is missing or needs maintenance even if others before me DNF'd it, so I only log NM when I have found it and know that it needs maintenance! ;)

Thanks for the info forum peoples! :unsure:

Edited by TheAlabamaRambler