Timmins Geocachers!

sabalore

Hi everyone!

I'm new to geocaching - had my first two finds last weekend; and I'm going to North Bay this weekend for a "staycation" and hoping to log a few finds while there :) I love the outdoors, travelling, and puzzle-type games... so, this is kind of a perfect activity for me! My mom seems to be getting really interested in it as well - I'm taking her out to show her the ropes when I'm at my parents for Easter Weekend.

As it happens, I am also a video journalist for the local TV station in Timmins, and would love to do a story on geocaching - my ideal story would be to follow a geocacher as they go on "the hunt" for a cache. If you have kids or family members and participate as a team, even better - but solo cachers would be great too! And of course, on top of "following" you as you look for a cache, I'd need to do a short (5-10 minute) interview as well.

If you're interested in participating (and not camera shy!) please contact me via this site, or at lauren.souch[at]corp.eastlink.ca.

Thanks everyone, and happy hunting :)

Lauren

Edited by sabalore

To bad you're so far away, my hubby and I would definitely join you. Been in a news story before teehee!

Maybe not a story you would want to be made of you, but hey a story:

Great idea, hope it comes to life. Not only good to get others into the sport, but also to get some knowledge about it in general out there.

Was down Delnite road the other night, and came out of the bush to a startled woman walking her dog, she kept on going. I drove past her, and pulled over again because there was another cache and I could tell she was getting nervous/suspicious, I figured I would just leave, didn't want to approach and explain in case it made her even more nervous.

So just getting the word of geocaching out there, may expalin to a few why these folks are popping in and out of the woods in there area.