Best Motorola Droid GeoCaching App

I just got my Droid last weekend. I already owned achemate for my old Palm so I transferred it to the Droid and have been very happy with it so far. I ran a PQ and when I clicked on the email attachment it loaded directly into the phone via Cachemate. The UI is very easy to use and navigate. The mapping is also excellent in my opinion. Cost is $8 and I would suggest buying directly on the publisher site rather than through the marketplace.

I know I will be happy with Cachemate but wil certainly look at the official app when it finally is released.

Hi There, I am interested in using my Motorola Droid as a stand alone GeoCaching tool. What is the best application out there currently (I don't mind paying, just want it to be user friendly and accurate!). Thanks in advance!

CacheMate is probably the most full-featured app for the Droid, but I have found it to be more difficult to use than the old Palm version that I had before. GeoBeagle is OK, and works pretty well, also, proving you have data coverage.

Edited by cougarox
(reference to unauthorized application removed by Groundspeak) is the best android app by far and its free. So use it until the official one comes out

I agree about the "unauthorized application removed by Groundspeak" but you do run the risk of getting your account frozen out for "site scraping". At least that is what I have been able to glean is the reason for its being unauthorized...

not to be flip, but doesn't GSAK use that info to perform some tasks?

What he was referring to is apps that log on to the GC.com servers without authorization. GSAK works entirely with authorized GPX files. The log on info GSAK uses is for sorting caches in the GPX files.