Naughty Swag

nericksx

My last word on this... now look up the word, "OR"

tumblr_lrv1nq7kDP1qbxrpzo1_500.jpg

S%%t someone just gave a logical and reasoned argument, quick, come up with a nonsensical post!

Nice to see that forum posting in the nude seems to be increasing!!.

That really is a great picture, isn't it? I loved it!

While I agree that is a great picture and am an advocate for posting in the nude (haha) upon closer inspection I think you'll find she is wearing a black sleevless shirt.

Party pooper. :P

[deleting off-topic comment]

Could apply at about half the posts on this thread.

Including yours? :anibad:

Suppose so but if staying on topic isn't a requirement, what the heck?

Read the Forum Guidelines

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

5. Keep on topic: Responses to a particular thread should be on-topic and pertain to the discussion. Users should use the New Topic button to start a new discussion which would otherwise be off-topic in the current thread. Threads that veer off topic may be closed by a moderator.

My last word on this... now look up the word, "OR"

tumblr_lrv1nq7kDP1qbxrpzo1_500.jpg

S%%t someone just gave a logical and reasoned argument, quick, come up with a nonsensical post!

Now that we are no longer really derailing an active thread, allow me to explain what so totally confused you.

1. Deliver a sermon or religious address to an assembled group of people, typically in church: "he preached to a large congregation".

2. Publicly proclaim or teach (a religious message or belief).

Now explain to me again?

hurr durr

OK, now that this thread has scrolled far enough down that I don't feel that I'm seriously derailing an active thread, I will respond to you.

The key word there is "OR"... "Message OR belief". Nothing about that says that the message has to be about Christianity or any other religion. Even the belief does not have to be about religion. You say that it is your belief that religion has wreaked great ills upon the world (something that would be impossible to deny). If you come here and talk about that belief, then you are publicly proclaiming it, or preaching it. As you say, "hurr durr".

For what its worth to you, I am an agnostic. I do not disagree with your stance. I just disagree with your delivery and your arguments.

I also seriously love that photo. It is very eloquent!

Now that we are no longer really derailing an active thread, allow me to explain what so totally confused you.

1. Deliver a sermon or religious address to an assembled group of people, typically in church: "he preached to a large congregation".

Now explain to me again?

hurr durr

[...]

The key word there is "OR"... "Message OR belief". Nothing about that says that the message has to be about Christianity or any other religion.

errrr, the keyword there is "religious". You're claiming I'm preaching. A preacher is someone who proclaims or teaches a RELIGOUS message or belief.

I aint religious.

I aint preaching.

2745d388-f7a3-40cb-aecf-15b661d48a87.jpg

Now explain to me again?

hurr durr

[...]

The key word there is "OR"... "Message OR belief". Nothing about that says that the message has to be about Christianity or any other religion.

errrr, the keyword there is "religious". You're claiming I'm preaching. A preacher is someone who proclaims or teaches a RELIGOUS message or belief.

I aint religious.

I aint preaching.

2745d388-f7a3-40cb-aecf-15b661d48a87.jpg

You do not have to be "religious" to "preach". You seem to have a very limited definition of that and some other words. We have people here that preach against micros. We have people that religiously proclaim their beliefs on signing the log. You, for example, have come to this thread and preached your beliefs about atheism, to which you appear to adhere to religiously.

You do not have to be "religious" to "preach". You seem to have a very limited definition of that and some other words. We have people here that preach against micros. We have people that religiously proclaim their beliefs on signing the log. You, for example, have come to this thread and preached your beliefs about atheism, to which you appear to adhere to religiously.

Knowschad > dictionary?

Don't be stupid, you can't change a words definition just because it fits your argument.

How can atheism have a belief system? It's a rejection of something.

Not smoking isn't a habit....

Not collecting stamps isn't a hobby...

Atheism is the rejection of a god or gods, that's it. Nothing else, no matter how much you say it.

We have people that religiously proclaim their beliefs on signing the log.

The statement makes zero sense. NONE. Lookup the definitions of these words you're throwing around....

We haven't found much naughty swag. Sometimes condoms and once a VIP pass to a "dating" service.

But we do find lots of dangerous (to some) items.

We find a lot of ammunition in game lands and assume a hunter found the hide and (GASP) actually traded for a blaze orange poncho or other needed/hunting-related swag.

For some odd reason, we also find fireworks in ammo cans in Jersey.

Don't be stupid

Easy now -- chill. I'd like to see your picture when you typed that.

Its a DIS-belief system. It takes just as much "faith" to absolutely reject something that can't be proven, with no proof, as it does to accept it.

Agnosticism, and treating everyone right, works for me. Should cover all the bases. Anyways, there's only one way to know for sure and as William Munney says, "we all got it coming"

Back on topic, I know lighters and matches are verboten, but how about this:

930020c9-1733-4351-a457-be8f0725dd67.jpg

I was thinking of deploying a "This TB May Save Your Life" series

Back on topic, I know lighters and matches are verboten, but how about this:

930020c9-1733-4351-a457-be8f0725dd67.jpg

I was thinking of deploying a "This TB May Save Your Life" series

I've seen plenty of rocks in steel ammocans. Not much difference, I guess. The magnesium stick, though, does tend to corrode in humid situations, so it should be wrapped well.

Its a DIS-belief system. It takes just as much "faith" to absolutely reject something that can't be proven, with no proof, as it does to accept it.

NO.

You can't be faithfully sceptical, it's an oxymoron.

If you came to me with a tiny box in your hand, and claimed there was an invisible & intangible elephant inside of it. Being as you couldn't proove it I'd reject your claim - doing this wouldn't take any faith or belief.

:rolleyes:

NO.

If you came to me with a tiny box in your hand, and claimed there was an invisible & intangible elephant inside of it. Being as you couldn't proove it I'd reject your claim - doing this wouldn't take any faith or belief.

:rolleyes:

You claim that there isn't an invisible & intangible elephant inside of it. :huh:

NO.

HOLLERING won't make it true.

You didn't say you were sceptical - you said you were an atheist. Sceptical atheism is an oxymoron (try looking up "sceptical" in your dictionary)

I am sceptical that the Leafs are ever going to win the Cup again, but I don't reject the possibility. Agnosticism.

Your rejection would require faith in your perceived knowlege of physics and your belief in the non-existence of supernatural elephants.

An agnostic would want to see what's inside the box before making any conclusions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXe-lu89yCI

]atheism takes faith]

Faith means that one takes something for which there is no evidence, and accepts it anyway.

Atheism takes something specific for which there is no evidence, and rejects it. That’s darn close to the opposite of faith.

The moderating team received a report that this thread had veered off topic. It has.

Let's have no more posts except those which discuss trade items and debate their appropriateness in geocaching terms.

No warnings have been issued for posts above that line.

Warnings will be issued for posts below that line, but which are off topic.

In particular, this isn't a thread for debating religion or agnosticism.

Let's have no more posts except those which discuss trade items and debate their appropriateness in geocaching terms.

Eep. Sorry.

Back on topic. Previous posts have indicated that people have rightly removed religious pamphlets from caches.

Would people consider pamphlets from an Internet-based so-called "joke" religion inappropriate, and remove them, like this one:

http://www.venganza.org/images/spreadword/fsm_brochure2.pdf

Or this one:

http://www.venganza.org/images/spreadword/sk_brochure.pdf

Seriously? How naive is THAT?

When my my son gets interested in caching, I will ALWAYS worry about the contents. I've been to enough caches to know that I should worry.

But I will never worry about having to explain religion or sex to him. I would jump at the opportunity if it happened at a cache. His ears are more likely to stay open if he's doing something he likes. ;)

Yes, perhaps naive to hope that caches can stay family-friendly for everyone, but I can hope. There are enough competing and confusing messages all around us that there's no lack of opportunity to bring up sex, politics, and religion. But still, I'd prefer that my son's first introduction to sex NOT be a nasty close-up in a cache. So I will continue to remove inappropriate materials from caches as a courtesy to other parents.

Your implying that religious items are somehow not "Family Friendly" ? Oh dear mommy! God loves me, i'm frightened!

God bless you! (Hope that didn't offend you)

I've read religious tracts that weren't friendly to folks of other religious persuasions. (Jack Chick tracts come to mind) If my boys were to encounter some of the more anti-Catholic tracts, I wouldn't view it as family friendly.

Seriously? How naive is THAT?

When my my son gets interested in caching, I will ALWAYS worry about the contents. I've been to enough caches to know that I should worry.

But I will never worry about having to explain religion or sex to him. I would jump at the opportunity if it happened at a cache. His ears are more likely to stay open if he's doing something he likes. ;)

Yes, perhaps naive to hope that caches can stay family-friendly for everyone, but I can hope. There are enough competing and confusing messages all around us that there's no lack of opportunity to bring up sex, politics, and religion. But still, I'd prefer that my son's first introduction to sex NOT be a nasty close-up in a cache. So I will continue to remove inappropriate materials from caches as a courtesy to other parents.

Your implying that religious items are somehow not "Family Friendly" ? Oh dear mommy! God loves me, i'm frightened!

God bless you! (Hope that didn't offend you)

I've read religious tracts that weren't friendly to folks of other religious persuasions. (Jack Chick tracts come to mind) If my boys were to encounter some of the more anti-Catholic tracts, I wouldn't view it as family friendly.

I collect Chick tracts. They are comical to me. The hater of God tracts are the best. :anibad:

My car sports a Darwin fish & I can pretty much expect a new tract for my collection when I park in certain places. :laughing:

If you are ever in Las Vegas and you have a Darwin fish on your car, park in the parking garage at the Las Vegas Hilton and you will be certain to get one for yourself you heathen nonconformist you. That's the royal heathen nonconformist you. :anibad:

If you are ever in Las Vegas and you have a Darwin fish on your car, park in the parking garage at the Las Vegas Hilton and you will be certain to get one for yourself you heathen nonconformist you. That's the royal heathen nonconformist you. :anibad:

I will definitely remember to try that if I ever find myself in Vegas. I have yet to see a Jack Chick tract, and I'm beginning to feel left out.

--Larry

I will definitely remember to try that if I ever find myself in Vegas. I have yet to see a Jack Chick tract, and I'm beginning to feel left out.

--Larry

Without fail if you park in the lot right next to the parking garage. Sometimes I don't get one in the parking garage if a park above the first level. It's either someone that works there or someone from the neighborhood across the street behind the hotel. It has been happening for close to 10 years.

call girls in large caches. They are everywhere in vegas.

Wow, I need to visit Vegas sometime! It sounds like you guys get some awesome swag! :laughing:

Anyway, I've found some... naughty stuff *near* caches (thanks for the syringes!), but the worst thing I've found *in* a cache was a piece of chewing gum in one of mine. The cacher who provided the cache with the chewing gum was thoughtful enough to chew it first.

edit: speelign

Edited by docsigma

[deleting off-topic comment]

Could apply at about half the posts on this thread.

Including yours? :anibad:

Suppose so but if staying on topic isn't a requirement, what the heck?

Read the Forum Guidelines

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

5. Keep on topic: Responses to a particular thread should be on-topic and pertain to the discussion. Users should use the New Topic button to start a new discussion which would otherwise be off-topic in the current thread. Threads that veer off topic may be closed by a moderator.

Sarcasm, look it up