Naughty Swag

nericksx

I haven't found anything naughty in any caches. Then again, I rarely find anything in caches. Most of my finds seem to be empty before I get to them. Of course, a lot of these are urban micros, with "only room for a log."

Luckily for me, I don't care much about trading. But it's my girlfriend's favorite part of caching.

I'll try and assist too...

The naughtiest things put in caches around here were fresh, uncooked eggs

I don't know that this particular item would qualify as "naughty", but it was certainly nasty. An excerpt from my log:

Did a little Riffster dance to appease the cache Gods, then pawed through all the kewl stuff inside. There were a few things that caught my eye, then I found what appeared to be a mini canned ham. At least, it was shaped like a canned ham. The label was gone, so I didn't know what was in it. The can had started to rust, and was swelling, so I figured I best remove it before it popped. I checked the log, but couldn't see where anybody had placed it. What to do, what to do?...When in doubt, do what's right. Took the can of unknown contents, left the Angelsomethingorother Travel Bug, a 1952 French 50 Francs coin, a 1957 English 1 Shilling coin, a 1950 Nederlanen 25 Cent coin, a 1966 Canadian 25 Cent coin, an Italian 100 Lira coin and a 1954 Letzeburg 25 Cmes coin.

And now for the rest of the story;

Those who know me, know that I'm not the brightest bulb in the chandelier. I often do things that, in retrospect, were probably not very smart. This adventure was no exception. I got back to the hacienda, and the contents of the mystery can kept praying on my poor overworked brain. I had to know what was in there! At Viv's insistence, I took it outside, well away from the house, and yanked on the pull tab. OH MY GOD! The stench would've knocked a buzzard off a gut wagon at 50 paces! The contents looked like cut up squid parts, but I didn't look closely enough to be sure. After a few vigorous scrubbings, my hands have lost enough of the odor of rotten suishi to be allowed in the house.

:surprise::ph34r:;):o:anicute::P OMG! That's frickin' hilarious... that you opened it, I mean. I'm going to wake up tonight laughing about this...

I see tampons and condoms in this thread as "naughty" items but I doubt that they were left in a cache with that in mind.

Both are standard survival items, and most likely left with that use in mind.

In fact Kotex was a military field dressing (bandage) before it was a feminine hygene product.

Both are still included in military survival kits.

The U.S. Military SRU-16/P Parachute Pack Survival Kit.

sru-16p_spread_600w.jpg

Also, one of a great series of videos about building a survival kit...

http://vodpod.com/watch/2746476-survival-kit-contents-tampon

Edited by TheAlabamaRambler

I see tampons and condoms in this thread as "naughty" items but I doubt that they were left in a cache with that in mind.

In fact Kotex was a military field dressing (bandage) before it was a feminine hygene product.

[clip]

Depending on the brand a, unlubed latex condom makes an excellent water bladder.

But there are those that cant even hold a teaspoon of liquid. :surprise:

I've CITO'd religious propaganda from caches on a few occasions. I don't understand why some cachers insist on polluting the game with their personal agendas.

Or polluting the forums with their personal agendas

Very well said! Hindsight is 20/20 isn't it narcissa person? :smile:

Being devoutly Agnostic, I see no harm in religious items in caches as long as it's one to three of the same tract and any other tracts in the same cache are different. I found 50+ of the same tract in one of my caches and removed all but 3.

There is a cacher in these forums who claims to have rediscovered his faith through a tract found in a cache. That's cool with me. I found inspiration in a cache once.... :anibad:

The best naughty item I've ever found and still have in my sig items and interesting swag case is a Penthouse centerfold of a really hot Asian woman. Back in 2004 this was.....

I think it kinda influenced me. :anibad:

I met her in 2005 and married her in 2007.... :anibad:

7ce80146-5640-4027-9d1f-3816e31b9010.jpg

Ooh yeah, I remember that issue. You actually met her? Lucky Dood! :)

Ya know, I realised someone might think that right after I posted, but never got around to clarification. :laughing:

NO. My wife was never a Penthouse centerfold. I however, was IN a Penthouse video called "The Girls of Rick's Caberet." Back in 1985.

I kept my clothes ON. :laughing:

Daniel-Tosh-interview2.jpg

And for that we thank you.

Some of the cachers I know are pretty wound up, maybe Valium should be a standard cache item! :smile:

I don't know about cachers... but every Internet service plan should come with a prescription.

Had it prescribed to me once for pain (no, I don't know where that guy graduated from). It didn't actually make the pain go away, but after a while you stop caring about it.

I try to practice tolerance. I don't police cache contents, because caches are not my property. I would remove an item if I thought it was a health/safety issue. If I found something of question, I would shoot the CO a PM. It's the CO decision to remove objects. I am an atheist. However, I found a cache that was certainly religiously themed by the CO. I admired the personal story that went with it. More power to the CO if something changed his life for the better. I certainly would have an opinion on the cause of the change if asked, but I was only asked to sign the log. :laughing:

I've CITO'd religious propaganda from caches on a few occasions. I don't understand why some cachers insist on polluting the game with their personal agendas.

Or polluting the forums with their personal agendas

Very well said! Hindsight is 20/20 isn't it narcissa person? :smile:

Being devoutly Agnostic, I see no harm in religious items in caches as long as it's one to three of the same tract and any other tracts in the same cache are different. I found 50+ of the same tract in one of my caches and removed all but 3.

There is a cacher in these forums who claims to have rediscovered his faith through a tract found in a cache. That's cool with me. I found inspiration in a cache once.... :anibad:

The best naughty item I've ever found and still have in my sig items and interesting swag case is a Penthouse centerfold of a really hot Asian woman. Back in 2004 this was.....

I think it kinda influenced me. :anibad:

I met her in 2005 and married her in 2007.... :anibad:

7ce80146-5640-4027-9d1f-3816e31b9010.jpg

Ooh yeah, I remember that issue. You actually met her? Lucky Dood! :)

Ya know, I realised someone might think that right after I posted, but never got around to clarification. :laughing:

NO. My wife was never a Penthouse centerfold. I however, was IN a Penthouse video called "The Girls of Rick's Caberet." Back in 1985.

I kept my clothes ON. :laughing:

Daniel-Tosh-interview2.jpg

And for that we thank you.

Lol. I love Tosh. FWIW, when I made that movie I was 175 lbs. and had a full head of hair.

Worse thing was condoms, still in the package. I left them, who knows, somebody might really be that desperate. We have a local cacher that likes to leave the religous million $ bills in caches. The only time I personally extracted one from a cache was when it compromised the cache container (cache container was bulging and would have broke if anymore people would have opened/closed it). On the downside of that, we came across an ammo can in the desert that had the same cachers million $ bills in it. Sadly the person before us felt the need to take them out and throw them on the ground. :mad: We picked up that mess and threw it away.

Your implying that religious items are somehow not "Family Friendly" ?

My implying exactly that!

Have you even read the "good" book, not cherry picking verses I'm talking about the rape, incest, slavery, torture and infanticide, I'm sure a google of bible atrocities will give you quite a list.

Quote Jesus: "Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

Yes, religious things deeply offend me and I certainly wouldn't want it anywhere near my kids.

Yes, religious things deeply offend me and I certainly wouldn't want it anywhere near my kids.

I am devoutly Agnostic. You sound like a devout Atheist and you come off a teensy bit fearful of religion.

While I would be offended if religious people/material tried to influence my child outside my sphere of influence, I welcome the opportunity to teach him about the various religions. I want my son to be well informed before he makes a choice or chooses not to define the undefinable and dadgum all others who don't believe as he does to his version of hell as I and my wife have chosen.

A religious symbol or tract in a cache is not going to magicly convert anyone's child. You might as well just count coup on caches rather than open them if you think it's your right not to be offended by the contents of any cache you find. :)

You sound like a devout Atheist

Wow what an oxymoron.

How can one religiously not believe in gods? :lol:

Most atheists I have known are very devout in their non-belief. Atheist do more shouting and screaming about what they don't believe, than just about any religious person I know.

You do not have to believe in a god to be devout. One definition is "Totally committed to a cause or belief." That sounds like an atheist to me.

Edited by uxorious

Most atheists I have known are very devout in their non-belief. Atheist do more shouting and screaming about what they don't believe, than just about any religious person I know.

Sure...

When was the last time an atheist knocked on your door to tell you the good news?

When was the last time you heard an atheist preaching with a megaphone in the street?

When was the last time an atheist handed you a pamphlet at the mall?

Ever been to an atheist hospital?

When’s the last time you found a Richard Dawkins book in your hotel room?

etc

etc

etc

Sure...

When was the last time an atheist knocked on your door to tell you the good news?

When was the last time you heard an atheist preaching with a megaphone in the street?

When's the last time you found a Richard Dawkins book in your hotel room?

etc

etc

etc

When was the last time I has an athiest preaching in a forum post?

Sure...

When’s the last time you found a Richard Dawkins book in your hotel room?

etc

etc

etc

This is not the place to argue this topic, so this will be my last post on it.

however, just google "atheist demonstration" in images, you will find a lot of atheists preaching in the streets.

As to an atheist hospital, do you feel it's a good thing they don't have a hospital. Of course not, it is up to their god The Government to take care of that.

Yes some Atheist do hand out pamplets.

The strange thing is most people who are religious and wish to share their belief, want you to see what they believe and hope you will believe it also.

Atheists want to stop you from believing in what you believe in. If you don't believe in a God of any kind, why in the world would you care if I do.

Atheists want to stop you from believing in what you believe in. If you don't believe in a God of any kind, why in the world would you care if I do.

A lot of broad generalisations there.

I couldn't care less if you want to be willfully ignorant then it doesn't bother me. But here in the 21st century, if someone states that the earth is flat and expects his belief to be "respected," he shouldn’t be personally attacked, but he should prepare himself as his outlandish assertions are stacked, skewered and roasted over the white-hot fires of science, reason, evidence and common sense.

It also bother me when it interferes with our laws, governments, education systems etc.

It also bothers me when it leads people to mass murder on the scale of for example 9/11 or the recent Norway massacre.

You cannot get away from it in modern society. That's why I care.

The U.S. Military SRU-16/P Parachute Pack Survival Kit.

sru-16p_spread_600w.jpg

Also, one of a great series of videos about building a survival kit...

http://vodpod.com/watch/2746476-survival-kit-contents-tampon

in girl guides we use maxi pads for a pressure bandage !!! so nothing wrong with a tampon or pad as long as its in a baggie :)

I don't see why? I used the term correctly. Perhaps it is you that needs to look it up.

LOL! Here let me help you.

1. Deliver a sermon or religious address to an assembled group of people, typically in church: "he preached to a large congregation".

2. Publicly proclaim or teach (a religious message or belief).

Now explain to me again?

hurr durr

I reject the notion of god or gods. Hence I'm not in the least bit religious and therefore reject any belief system. Clearly then I don't goto church.

So to ask: "When was the last time I has an athiest preaching in a forum post? is a pretty ridiculous oxymoron. :rolleyes:

And whilst I'm replying the other night I thought of another critical response to:

If you don't believe in a God of any kind, why in the world would you care if I do.

Behind closed doors your personal beliefs wouldn't bother me. What DOES bother me is organised religion that is hurting the world.

Best example is the Vatican with their enormous political power, it's even and independent state in the United Nations! Influencing politics, opposing contraception, including condom use - infact having a large influence on the spread of aids in Africa - the Pope even said that condoms CAUSE aids?

Which is the very reason I strongly protest against religious influence in our lives.

You're welcome to your personal god, but keep him out of my life.

Edit: infact a related story is in the news today "Church tells HIV patients to stop treatment"

Edited by Cup.

I don't see why? I used the term correctly. Perhaps it is you that needs to look it up.

LOL! Here let me help you.

1. Deliver a sermon or religious address to an assembled group of people, typically in church: "he preached to a large congregation".

2. Publicly proclaim or teach (a religious message or belief).

Now explain to me again?

hurr durr

My last word on this... now look up the word, "OR"

Was caching several years ago with my then 8-year old daughter. We found a cache in Delaware named (honest) Smit's Poo Cache that was named after the owner's cat or something. Get to GZ and yes you may have already guessed it...ammo can filled with crap. Some other cacher was there scrapping it off the log and offered the log to us to sign. Needless to say I didn't even want to touch it! :o

Took my grandkids to check on one my geocaches and found this.

shotgunshell.jpg

I'll bet the cache was found by a hunter. I found an ammo box cache once that had a bunch of little plastic soldiers as themed swag. I opened the log book to find the most recent post that read, "I was out deer hunting when I stumbled across this geocache. Played with the soldiers for a while before putting it back." :lol:

My last word on this... now look up the word, "OR"

tumblr_lrv1nq7kDP1qbxrpzo1_500.jpg

S%%t someone just gave a logical and reasoned argument, quick, come up with a nonsensical post!

Nice to see that forum posting in the nude seems to be increasing!!.

That really is a great picture, isn't it? I loved it!

While I agree that is a great picture and am an advocate for posting in the nude (haha) upon closer inspection I think you'll find she is wearing a black sleevless shirt.