Garmin Summit HC - Pointer

When I set my GPSr to go to a geocache, it always uses the course pointer. I've tried going to the menu but it doesn't give me an option to switch to the bearing pointer. Does anyone know how to get around this? I'd much rather use the bearing pointer.

Thanks!!

RiverMommy

When I set my GPSr to go to a geocache, it always uses the course pointer. I've tried going to the menu but it doesn't give me an option to switch to the bearing pointer. Does anyone know how to get around this? I'd much rather use the bearing pointer.

Thanks!!

RiverMommy

Scroll to the compass page. From that page, use the menu button (lowest button on the left side as you are looking at the screen). On the menu, you have the option to select the course pointer if you currently are in the bearing pointer mode or vice versa if you are in the course pointer mode.

Also, as a suggestion, go the the Garmin site and look for the Vista C - it is a discontinued model - and download the user's manual for that unit. The Vista C and Summit HC are very similar models. The principle difference is the receiver. The functions are all the same. The user's manual for the Vista C is much complete than the manuals for the newer models.

Edited by jmundinger

In addition to the above....

I just went outside and made a GO TO to a northly waypoint on a map60Cx. Then to the Map Page>Menu>Setup Map, and to the second icon at the top,Tracks, then down to the Go TO Line, and chose Course.

Then walked about 50 feet westerly, watching my progress as I walked, with the line remaining where it was set on the map. When I stopped I chose Bearing, and watched as the line moved to my location. So one can then toggle between the two, and watch the results. Even able to continue the fun, as I came back inside, watching the moving around on the Map Page.