OxyClean Containers

We've just polished off a tub of OxyClean (well, the Sainsbury's version) and I found myself considering the container ... plastic with a screw lid, seems pretty water resistant and the ideal size for a decent sized 'small' cache. Has anyone used one / come across one as a cache - do they stand the test of time? I'm all for recycling where I can, I'd usually consign such a neat little tub to my tool cupboard for screws and such but with a paint job at first reckoning it seems ideal for caching ...

We've just polished off a tub of OxyClean (well, the Sainsbury's version) and I found myself considering the container ... plastic with a screw lid, seems pretty water resistant and the ideal size for a decent sized 'small' cache. Has anyone used one / come across one as a cache - do they stand the test of time? I'm all for recycling where I can, I'd usually consign such a neat little tub to my tool cupboard for screws and such but with a paint job at first reckoning it seems ideal for caching ...

I have a couple of these containers lined up for cache hides. So yes I think they seem very good. Just make sure you've removed the labels so as not to advertise Oxycleen or Sainsburys (advertising is against the rules) LOL

Edited by norsch

My Camp 91Farnley Post Hill cache GC1TZV0 has utilised one of these since the orginal box was muggled has survived dry and intact despite being under almost a foot of snow for 5 weeks during Dec/Jan. :D

My Camp 91Farnley Post Hill cache GC1TZV0 has utilised one of these since the orginal box was muggled has survived dry and intact despite being under almost a foot of snow for 5 weeks during Dec/Jan. B)

This is true - I found that cache (my 100th!) just as the snow had gone and it had held up really well! :D

I am glad G7HRP replied with that, because until that moment, I was thinking 'Oxyclean? As in the spot treatment?!' - Now I get what you mean!

Edited by flookbird

My Camp 91Farnley Post Hill cache GC1TZV0 has utilised one of these since the orginal box was muggled has survived dry and intact despite being under almost a foot of snow for 5 weeks during Dec/Jan. :anibad:

That sounds like good product testing with excellent results thanks!

They certainly wake you up when you find one and open it ! ;)

i have found 2 of these containers out in the field, and they hold up well to the eliments.

i have 2 to put out using this container and one of them is the big jumbo size with 33% extra free but i need to mammouth tape it as its bright pink!!

when ever i have a container that could be used i do a submerge test, for a few minuets, not only does it tell you if the cotainer is watertight but makes all labels and stickers fall off.

Edited by daveindeal