Cheap tags for travel bugs

tmwnn

I searched to try to see if anyone else had posted this and found nothing, but I apologize anyway if this is a repeat.

A website called Artscow has pretty cheap dog tags that you can upload pictures for, or use text. They can be one-sided or two-sided. They seem to glue your design onto the tag and laminate it. If you use the coupon code DOG199TAGS, they are only $1.99 for two, with free shipping. I've never ordered from them, so I can't speak for the quality, but the reviews on the site seem glowing. If anyone has a template for dog tag sized travel bug instructions, maybe they could share it.

The website link is: <unauthorized link removed by moderator>

In fairness to the ethics of the interwebs, I found this on slickdeals.

Oh, and I think the deal expires March 21, 2010

Edited by Eartha

Sales links are not allowed in the TB forums. I removed your link.

It wouldn't matter anyway, you'd still have to purchase the Travel Bug tag to get the tracking number to track it on www.geocaching.com. So, why spend more for a tag you have to take a picture of your tag to glue onto their tag?

Aside from the commercial....

I read it as a way to create mission tags for TBs... they did ask for an 'instructions template'

Doug

One still can't post a link for a commercial site without permission from Groundspeak.

Oops, sorry. I should have known links to commercial sites weren't allowed. The site I linked to doesn't advertise these as being for geocaching, so I didn't know it would be stepping on Groundspeak's toes. And yeah, I just thought they might be useful for mission tags. Sissy-n-Cr sold a great preprinted dog tag years ago that I used for a couple of TBs I released. Unfortunately, the TBs went AWOL a long time ago, and I wanted to release their copy tags. I liked the instructions that were on the Sissy-n-Cr tags, and they made it very clear how to log the TBs (plus they told people not to post the tracking number in the forums, and other useful tips). Obviously they didn't keep someone from losing (or stealing) my first two bugs, but I figured I'd try again. Just thought it might be nice to have dog tag sized instructions for the next batch.

Aside from the commercial....

I read it as a way to create mission tags for TBs... they did ask for an 'instructions template'

One still can't post a link for a commercial site without permission from Groundspeak.

As I noted above, I agree... Still good to reiterate the rule though...

Doug

tmwnn: take a look at this thread topic link

Edited by 7rxc

Yeap, you can't post anything that GS themselves are not making money on. Go figure. Cool site though. Not a bad idea for a tb replacement for ones that have been stolen either.

Can you walk into MacDonald's and sell Whoppers?

Can you walk into Macy's and sell JC Penney?

Can you walk into a GM dealership and sell a Fiat?

Can you walk into anywhere that sell something and try to sell someone else's product, and expect nobody to say anything to you, or show you the door?

It's not hard to figure out, really.