Had a thought

Hi all.

I have been considering starting up a Sheffield web based organisation for geocaching, I have the means with which to get a website sorted, but, there isn't any point unless there are interested people.

So, who would like a geocache website for Sheffield based people ?

Hi all.

I have been considering starting up a Sheffield web based organisation for geocaching, I have the means with which to get a website sorted, but, there isn't any point unless there are interested people.

So, who would like a geocache website for Sheffield based people ?

I would say that going on how quiet (relatively) the county based websites are, I would doubt that there would be enough "trade" for a site based on one city

There's already a Yorkshire Geocaching site. But (and being brought up in Sheffield, I know its a BIG but!) it is rather West Yorkshire centric (a bit like Look Leeds)

I guess you need a critical mass of users to get it to take off.

The Northwest forum (Covers Carlisle all the way down south to Manchester) seems to have got this critical mass with a few regular contributors.

Down that way for the first time in 20 years next weekend. ;)

Pub events take no organising at all!!!

I just phone the pub, tell them to expect 20 - 40 cachers and the rest just happens. I don't do anything flash - I don't put out extra caches, or do anything special, it's not about doing those things, it's about getting to know each other and having a good old chat!!

My events are quarterly and reasonably well attended. Some have 40 - 50 cachers there, some have 15 - 20 there. Numbers aside, they're always well received.