OLDEST BENCHMARK/ HUNTER

GEO*Trailblazer 1

Took Grandma out today,she found her first benchmark T 349 her name is Thelma so this was a good one, she is 87 and still active. She wanted to go to see what this benchmark hunting and Geocaching was all about. So we found her 1st. Now she want's to go all the time which does not bother me she can go along on the easy ones!!!So is this quite possibly our oldest benchmark hunter? See picture in the Benchmark forum,GF0991 what a thrill for me as well as her.The witness post is in the background of the picture. icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

When all else fails Geotry again.

Hats off to you and your grandmother. Ever active, ever alive! Truly an inspiration!

I can't resist the occasion to boast about my wife, Shirley, who, at age 77, has accompanied me on all but three of our 320 cache finds and every one of our 50 bench mark finds. All of these in less than a year's activity. . . .patrick & shirley

patrick & shirley

Oldest benchmarker,helps find areas oldest known benchmark.Dated on a lithographed list dated 2-28- 1850 this was a great find for the both of us it took some doing because one of the buildings are gone the Depot is gone and the coordinates were off about 500'.The original rail line was taken out & on & on & on we were also looking for some others that I have the Field notes for but over the years these things seems to disapers..cheers to all and many more happy Geotrails,and tales icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif see: GF0599 152 years, Grandma 87 me 42 87+42=129 it is still 23 years older than the both of us put together oh what a find and thrill

When all else fails Geotry again.