Oregon Screen Protectors

I use that screen shield on all my handhelds to include my Oregon 550T. It has saved at least one screen when I fell with gps in hand. On the Oregon it does not hinder the touch screen capabilities. The visability in direct sun is not the best, but the the sheild does not hinder visablity.

I just put one on my Oregon 300 a couple weeks ago. Unfortunately I didn't a year ago when I first bought it. After dinging the screen up a bit. The Invisible shield did a good job covering up the dings and should prevent further dings. All works well, the touchscreen is fine and visibility is good. I highly recommend it.

I've used the Zagg screen protectors on a lot of my electronics and have been very happy with them.

For what it's worth, I just examined my Oregon 400t under magnification and see that there are a lot of scrapes, scratches & bruises on the screen protector. I'd hate to see what the touch screen would look like without the screen protector.

I have used them before on some of my cell phones and I need to get one for my new iPhone so I will get one for my phone as well as my new Oregon 450. One thing I wish I could find is a neo case like I have on my Vista HCx. The one I have has a plastic cover over the screen and protects it very well. I would like to find one for the Oregon that doesn't have the plastic cover over the screen but does protect the case itself.

Etrex Vista HCx Neo Case

I would recommend the Zagg protectors, but a little tip have a look around and see what else need protecting.

If you order 3 items you get a good discount from their website :wub:

Wasn't offered any kind of discount .. just free shipping with a $29.98 or bigger order.

http://zaggdiscountcode.com/

Thanks for the link, but I got zinged there. I had free shipping (vs $5.95) for two items, but when I entered the promo code and saved $6 on two items, I lost the free shipping. Comes out the same either way unless you plan to purchase more than $30 worth of goods at a time.

I've used Zagg shields on my cell phones for a while, they work very well. I need to order one for my dakota, I just have a cheapie protector on it now (still better than nothing).

REgarding carrying cases for the Oregon, garmin makes one that looks similar to the Neo case: https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=36242

Where do you find the "cheapy" ones?

Ebay, I have used these and the Zagg for years.

I got the Zagg IS shortly after getting my Oregon 400t. I've been very happy with it. Had a mishap that ended up scratching the screen protector and they replaced it without any problem.

Remember however that you will pay shipping for the replacement, and you have to mail back the damaged screen protector - still well worth it.

Has anyone ever tried 3M protective shield (used on the front of cars). I take my oregon 450 mountain biking, and think that the 3M would provide better protection. I am just wondering if it is too thick or glossy and if I will have trouble getting it off. I have taken the 3M off some bikes that I have applied it to when the tape was at the end of it's life, but I am a little worried the force required to remove it from the screen may damage the touch screen. I bought some 3M tape off of ebay for a reasonable price. Any oppinions?

I've used Zagg shields on my cell phones for a while, they work very well. I need to order one for my dakota, I just have a cheapie protector on it now (still better than nothing).

REgarding carrying cases for the Oregon, garmin makes one that looks similar to the Neo case: https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=36242

Where do you find the "cheapy" ones?

Some of the Cheapies come from places like BestBuy and the like ... some of the better ones I've used before the Zaggs are Bracketron and (Fellowes) WriteRight Screen Protectors which work quite well but they're very thick and easy to apply, but scratch easily. You get several in a pack for like $3-4 a pack.

Be safe.

N

Found good review "Martin fields vs invisible shield vs durasec!" here http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53139 , but want to add some comments from my own experience. I am used invisible shield on Oregon 300 and now using durasec hightec on Oregon 450 and like it. Differently than invisible shield durasec hightec applied on the screen exactly without gaps! Installation went very easy without air bubbles thanks to ZAGG's application kit that I kept from previous protector. Should to say that nevertheless durasec hightec is thicker than invisible shield about 0.15mm it not decreased touch sensitivity. Stickiness of surface remained about the same, but I can live with it if I scroll with fingers through the screen without stress. I can't confirm the statement from the review that "The HighTec was NOT CLEAR ENOUGH", it need further investigation, but overall I happy with this protector.