GSAK question

The Bakkers

I tried to do a search but the forum kept giving me errors. Here goes. I just downloaded and registered the GSAK program. I use the Garmin Etrex Ventura HC gps unit. I made a pocket query and loaded it into GSAK. I have previous outdated geochache points on my Garmin. How do you overwrite the ones on the GPS. When I went to upload to the gps it just added it too it. What happens is that I loaded a bunch of points and in the mean time I used my iPhone to find a few because I did not have the gps with me, So i just re ran the pocket query for all unfound caches and figured I could just overwite the ones on the GPS I looked on the GSAK web site and did not see this. Also who ever uses GSAK, what tips coudl you throw my way. Thanks

Is it possible that you did not filter out your already "found" caches from the PQ? If not, it will pick them up every time and reload them into your GPSr.

About the outdated caches in your unit (I could be wrong here), I believe you need to delete them from the unit. Any new upload will not recognize the fact that some of the caches you are uploading already exist in the unit, therefore it doesn't "overwrite".

We delete old ones before uploading another PQ. Haven't had this problem. :)

Hope this helps.

You will need to manually delete the old waypoints from your GPS.

My best suggestion for the Garmin and GSAK would be to read. Just as with any new purchase to become proficient with it one needs to understand the operation.

For many, GSAK seems overwhelming! Not the case. Not everyone will use every available function of GSAK. But, it's there for you if so inclined. Search for and read the Gsak tutorials HERE.

Don't worry about absorbing it all at once just learn one aspect at a time.

You will find all kinds of help from users over on the GSAK site if you get stuck.