Milestone Congratulations

Wienerdog

Yet another 4-digit cacher in WA!

Congrats Master Puzzler on your 1000th find, and you picked a GREAT cache ta-boot.

LucyandRickie Hit 1600 yesterday in Yakima!!! I know I was there!

Pepper

Hey - I forgot to congratulate Lucyandrickie also! Wow! 1600 - cool!

Congrats runhills on yours too!

Wow Weinerdog! You must be trying to catch up to M10B! Congrats!

I agree! congrats Donna and MR!!!!

Thanks everyone! :)

Actually... we did have a plan. It was NOT to catch up to MTB! We thought maybe we could get enough caches to get our 2000th at the Portland Cache Machine. But time is closing in and it looks like we won't be close enough for that to happen. Unless we make it a full time job :rolleyes: , but then it woudn't be fun anymore! Other things are still important to us too. Like:

There is a Event Cache in PT that we plan on attending (We still like the social aspect of caching and meeting people!). On Wed. I cache with two other people. Our goal isn't numbers, but to work on hard :lol: (or evil!) multi's together.

Just found out someone else reached a milestone! Gotta go post it!

Hey, thanks to all!! This is a great page! I have not been participating in the forums much at all... what a great group!

100 caches, 16 travel bugs, and a geocoin in 2.5 months! And one cache hidden (but a lot of great ideas; keep you eyes open!). We have geocached in Washington (Skagit County to Ocean Shores), Oregon (Portland), Mexico (Puerto Vallarta), and Florida (Sarasota and Lakeland).

At the risk of getting off-topic, I have two questions for this crowd:

1) have many of you folks geocached outside Washington State? Geocaching in Florida was very interesting, differences in style.

2) do any of you fly-fish, especially salt-water? It's the other new hobby that I have been working on lately, definite newbie...

Feel free to email me directly and/or take this elsewhere, somewhere more appropriate. As I say, I am not a big forum user... yet. :rolleyes:

At the risk of getting off-topic, I have two questions for this crowd:

1) have many of you folks geocached outside Washington State?  Geocaching in Florida was very interesting, differences in style.

Almost all of my finds are in Washington. I did make one trip to Seaside Oregon last year and scored a couple of caches along the way.

2) do any of you fly-fish, especially salt-water?  It's the other new hobby that I have been working on lately, definite newbie...

Just what I need.... another hobby to eat that very thin layer of cache left over after bills :rolleyes:

Edited by Right Wing Wacko

Re: hobbies.. well, there is no doubt that my development as a fly-fisherperson has been seriously slowed with the discovery of geocaching. They are both fun, but in very different ways... for instance, geocaching has turned into a outstanding family activity: out of the house, take the dog and the 11yo kid, and get out and see the countryside (or city). Flyfishing is very much something that is mine, very relaxing.

Can anyone tell me what the little "Warn (0%)" is on the left of my posts? Honest, I looked up Warn and Warn Logs in the Help first, with no success.

I means you are in real trouble!

Or that you have 0 warnings, just as most of us do. And like most of us, you can only see yours...

:rolleyes: Sheesh! Looks like I caused confusion by starting that other thread for Moun10Bike. We have all been looking forward to this event and I guess I got too excited!

Guess you'll have to draw straws now!

:lol: Hah! I missed niskibum's hidden message in his post early this morning! It was almost like working a puzzle cache!

Edited by Wienerdog
On Wed. I cache with two other people. Our goal isn't numbers, but to work on hard  :) (or evil!) multi's together.

At the risk of being accused of self promotion might I suggest that your Wednesday group give Frink's Folly a try. It is a multi that I tried to make fairly hard without being really evil.

:) But Weightman... one of those two people is blindleader. He's already done your cache! He highly recommends it though!

Not only was I first to notice, I was actually there the day it happened! :)

In case anyone wants to see the spoils.

1392efe2-ea88-4d22-8c5f-b3eaeedf79d7.jpg

And this is where it is going for now.

7708db95-7068-467f-9f2d-41b173e65a64.jpg

Nice way to round out a very wet weekend!

Wow,

Really Kool cache container, and the coordinates are :)

niskibum, your post made me check on M10B! Thanks for the fun!

On Wed. I cache with two other people. Our goal isn't numbers, but to work on hard  :) (or evil!) multi's together.

At the risk of being accused of self promotion might I suggest that your Wednesday group give Frink's Folly a try. It is a multi that I tried to make fairly hard without being really evil.

:) But Weightman... one of those two people is blindleader. He's already done your cache! He highly recommends it though!

still got to that cache. Been putting it off.

We're about 40 or so finds away from the 1K and my wife insists we do a scuba cache for the 1K.  Only problem is that the scuba caches are several hundred miles away and with gas prices the way they are, forget it.

So we've started begging two cachers in the area that dive to hide one for us.

If you really really tried, you could do some scuba at this cache, or at least swim. Plus you'd get a really fancy schmancy certificate! :)

We're about 40 or so finds away from the 1K and my wife insists we do a scuba cache for the 1K.  Only problem is that the scuba caches are several hundred miles away and with gas prices the way they are, forget it.

So we've started begging two cachers in the area that dive to hide one for us.

If you really really tried, you could do some scuba at this cache, or at least swim. Plus you'd get a really fancy schmancy certificate! :D

I need something in oregon. There's real scuba caches to do up there but I just don't want to spend the gas money to do them.

I just got my #20 find. I know no big deal but around Great Falls it ain't so bad :rolleyes:

Realistically, this is a big accomplishment. It's a sign you are addicted to the sport. It took me two months to get there so you're not doing so bad. Congrats! Wait till you get to #50!

I have just returned from Europe. Among my milestones are:

* My #400 find (a lame micro under a park bench)

A record of 52 caches in a 24 hour period (if I can't get my blisters by climbing a mountain, I'll have to get them by walking two dozen miles through a city at night); this was a solo tour, no herd caching involved, all finds are individual finds (except for one, where I explained geocaching to a curious local, and then he joined me and found that micro before I did)

Partially overlapping: A record of 36 caches in a calendar day (May 22nd). This calendar day involved 35 caches in one time zone, an flight to another time zone involving a reduction of the day to a mere 23 hours, and a subsequent 36th find, which also happened to be my first find in the Eastern Hemisphere, and for a change, an ammo can, in the center of the city, and not even in a park;

A cache in one of the most original hiding places I've ever seen

The best cache in the Eastern hemisphere for me; so far :rolleyes: