Milestone Congratulations

Wienerdog

Quick interruption. Do people generally plan their milestone finds? Like I'll be coming up to my 100th find quick enough and my 500th won't be too fat behind it either, lemme know what you guys do. Seems kind of fun to try and plan out something big and fun for them..

Some people do, some don't. Depends on the individual. For those that do, 100, 500, and 1,000 are often considered the major milestones.

Eight Years!

My son, Adrian, and I have been geocaching for eight years now. I intended to go out and hunt for a cache this weekend but it'll have to wait until later in the week. It would have been nice to hit 800 for my eighth year (I hit 300 for three years) however I am not quite there.

It is funny how nowadays people have thousands of finds. Clearly I am not out there hunting caches very often. The cache density has really gone up! Many of my friends have found more caches than there were in the entire world back in August of 2001.

I'm proud to be one of the old timers and one of the few who still go on the hunt after this many years. My travels have taken me to many, many states and countries. I hope that, as the number of geocaches approaches the ridiculous, that there will continue to be a lot of really cool and creative hunts. I tried to set the bar pretty high. :P

Thanks to everyone for the hunts and all of the finds on mine. Cheers.

Belated Congratulations to Too Cool on his 500th cache.

He's been caching since 02, but didn't go that often until he showed me the game.

He has most often gone out and gotten one cache off the top of a mountain somewhere. More concerned with the view than the numbers.

I thank him for my latest addiction.

Many more to come!!

Eight Years!

My son, Adrian, and I have been geocaching for eight years now. I intended to go out and hunt for a cache this weekend but it'll have to wait until later in the week. It would have been nice to hit 800 for my eighth year (I hit 300 for three years) however I am not quite there.

It is funny how nowadays people have thousands of finds. Clearly I am not out there hunting caches very often. The cache density has really gone up! Many of my friends have found more caches than there were in the entire world back in August of 2001.

I'm proud to be one of the old timers and one of the few who still go on the hunt after this many years. My travels have taken me to many, many states and countries. I hope that, as the number of geocaches approaches the ridiculous, that there will continue to be a lot of really cool and creative hunts. I tried to set the bar pretty high. :P

Thanks to everyone for the hunts and all of the finds on mine. Cheers.

Congrats to Seth, You were one of the mover's and shakers in those early days. I just beat you by a few days. That's why Arlene and I have 3,440 even though we were old when we started. My virtual cache that you approved, High on a Windy Hill is still doing well. Always a pleasure to see someone from Springfield, Illinois doing so well. Dick, W7WT

I reached 500 last weekend.

I've been caching somewhere around 8 months now. THought I'd hit 500 by 6 months. Oh well. Other things to do .

I wanted to have the geoboo be #500 but it turned out to be nothing terribly special (no offense to the CO).

Shoot for 1000 to be at the top of a mountain or something.

Just found my 1000th cache Oct30/08. Also my first cache found at night.

74457036-cb85-4eaa-9bdc-0d25b01f0288.jpg

(Photo taken at night at GC20D2D. Would explain why my eyes are almost closed from the camera flash)

I have been cache for almost 4 years. Took me 3 years to get to 500 (as the cache density around my hometown is not very high). In the last 10 months, I have doubled the number of finds, thanks to Tri Cities Cache Machine II, and my trips to Seattle and Las Vegas.

I travel to Seattle on geovacation a couple times a year. These trips are my opportunity to really add to my find count. Love the Puget Sound!

Edited by Fuzzywhip

Made a mistake - Date should be Oct30/09

Just found my 1000th cache Oct30/09. Also my first cache found at night.

74457036-cb85-4eaa-9bdc-0d25b01f0288.jpg

(Photo taken at night at GC20D2D. Would explain why my eyes are almost closed from the camera flash)

I have been cache for almost 4 years. Took me 3 years to get to 500 (as the cache density around my hometown is not very high). In the last 10 months, I have doubled the number of finds, thanks to Tri Cities Cache Machine II, and my trips to Seattle and Las Vegas.

I travel to Seattle on geovacation a couple times a year. These trips are my opportunity to really add to my find count. Love the Puget Sound!

Edited by Fuzzywhip

Wanted to make a clarification, but it's too late to edit my post eariler.

Clarification: The Geoboo WAS something special. Very great, well planned event that a lot of hard work obviously went into. Great fun. Great event.

What I meant, was I missed the geoboo for my 500th cache and ended up getting an insignificant cache instead. No offense to that cache owner.

I read back over it and realized it could be mistaken to say that the geoboo was insignificant. It was NOT.

Great event.

Thanks all!!

I just grabbed my 200th today on a FTF in Puyallup. Was gonna do something fun for it tomorrow, but I couldn't pass it up, lol. Not sure if 200 is really a milestone, but figured I'd mention it anyways.

Congrats to fuzzywhip on 1000. Nice one, I'll be there someday!

Of course it is a milestone!!

Congratulations!!!!

Congrats to AndrewRJ on cache number 4000! :o

Congrats to AndrewRJ on cache number 4000! ;)

Woo hoo - you rock, Andrew! ;) (yes, that was a geology pun.)

Thanks. It was a really fun cache that I had been working on for a while.

4000! Good grief! I'm still stretching for 400. :) Congrats!

different styles, same fun. :blink:

Congrats to AndrewRJ on cache number 4000! :P

Congrats to AndrewRJ on cache number 4000! :P

Woo hoo - you rock, Andrew! :) (yes, that was a geology pun.)

Thanks. It was a really fun cache that I had been working on for a while.

4000! Good grief! I'm still stretching for 400. :rolleyes: Congrats!

different styles, same fun. :unsure:

I couldn't agree more. Hope to see you on the next hike!