Milestone Congratulations

Wienerdog

Ok, so we aren't social butterflys but we have been out there banging around for two years now. The first GPS was a SporTrak (Christmas 2003) and the current unit is a Garmin 76CS (George goes on a spending spree!). We hit 700 finds in Maui last week and now have over 500 traditional cache finds and we are closing in on 300 travel bugs (not NBJPoppa numbers, but decent).

We have met many wonderful people in our two years of geocaching so far and hope to meet many more in the years to come. It looks like a few more hides may be in our near term future (despite the fact that the Redmond/Kirkland area is totally infested).

We would like to express our thanks and appreciation to the local cachers we have encountered and relied on for support the past two years and we want to express our thanks (in advance) to those we will encounter in the future.

On our recent trip to Maui we met a true newbie (first day of caching) family and we hope that we helped them start on their adventures with a positive attitude and a sense of adventure. We do believe that is what our sport is all about.

Special thanks to FrodoB, NBJPoppa, K7wave, Jcar, Andrewrj, Kiersolvd and Poodleranch for being friends and helping us along the way. Extra special thanks to Pepper for being an inspiration and a help when we were trying to figure out how this all works. Hunting (trouble) credits go to Beamin' Demon for many of our memorable finds. Please keep up the good work. The "how to spend time searching for but not finding award must surely go to loup-garou, aka bla-bla-bla (although the many "BD" cahces were big fun). Fun hides and hunts all around.

We are finally starting to feel like "real" geocachers as our numbers grow and our enthusiasm continues. This is a great sport with great people and we look forward to playing for many years to come.

Keep the fun growing,

George (Gene), Jane (Barb), Elroy (Elroy), Judy (Judy), Team Wrastro

I know I'm late in throwing out the big congratulations to Laurie on her 2,000th find. I've enjoyed her caches, enjoyed her logs, and receiving her e-mail hints (...look for something green...Said with a straight face as I look in the greater Pacific Northwest for "something green") so it is nice to see someone blaze through the big two thousand.

I noticed (after he reminded me that I shouldn't call the kettle black) that fauxSteve just reached his #700 today! Congrats, Steve!!

Team Maccabee

And to think we got our 500th find together and now less than 2 months later he's about 150 ahead of me ... I guess one of us really did go hibernate :lol: . My congrats to you friend! peace, fishiam

Thanks y'all. I had to lift a lot of lamppost skirts and open a lot of film canisters to get my numbers that high! In truth, my appreciation for the local quality of hides has gone up greatly after my recent holiday travels, so thanks for the hides. I'll see everyone at the cache machine for more number crunching! ;)

Thanks y'all. I had to lift a lot of lamppost skirts and open a lot of film canisters to get my numbers that high! In truth, my appreciation for the local quality of hides has gone up greatly after my recent holiday travels, so thanks for the hides. I'll see everyone at the cache machine for more number crunching!  :rolleyes:

I meant to mention this same feeling after my trip to Colorado last week. I found 10 caches while I was there and, same as you, my estimation of the quality of hides in the Puget Sound area went way up.

Congrats on #1 and welcome to Elde, as well.

A newbie chimes in with his milestone: My first find!

:rolleyes:

Congrats on finding Bataan Park. I was the original owner of that cache but turned it over to Ray, Fledermaus when I went on an extended vacation and didn't think I could maintain it. I just live down the hill on the corner of E. 33rd and Almira.

Enjoy Geocaching. Dick, W7WT

Some saved up Southern Oregon milestones

BIGIEET_AL - 1000 - October

Iseek & Eyeseek2 - 2000 - November

Duck-n-Deedy - 1000 - November

Riddlers - 2000 - December

Also in the last month

Me - 800

Peanuthead - 700

BDC - 600

Congratulations to all the southern Oregon cachers, I have caches with all of them and they are a great group.

Thanks y'all. I had to lift a lot of lamppost skirts and open a lot of film canisters to get my numbers that high! In truth, my appreciation for the local quality of hides has gone up greatly after my recent holiday travels, so thanks for the hides. I'll see everyone at the cache machine for more number crunching! <_<

You spent the holidays in Nashville, too? :ph34r:

LandRover was a cache machine unto himself this weekend and found well over 100 caches in three days! He passed his #900 milestone, but the big question is, did he reach 1000?

Cache Ahead also hit #900 at BCM. Way to go, girl! She, k7-wave, and I have become a well-oiled cache machine after doing several of these as a team. Bonus points to CA for bringing along Sassy, the wonder-corgi. <_<

Congrats to Cache Ahead, LandRover, and andrewrj for the major BCM milestones!

LandRover was a cache machine unto himself this weekend and found well over 100 caches in three days!  He passed his #900 milestone, but the big question is, did he reach 1000?

If my count is correct it was 103 for the weekend, I have yet to start logging any, which puts me at 980. Any suggestions for #1000?

LandRover was a cache machine unto himself this weekend and found well over 100 caches in three days!  He passed his #900 milestone, but the big question is, did he reach 1000?

If my count is correct it was 103 for the weekend, I have yet to start logging any, which puts me at 980. Any suggestions for #1000?

Well if you got a snorkle on that thing how about

this one.

Well if you got a snorkle on that thing how about

this one.

We headed up the Middle Fork in early December but we got caught behind some J@ck a** in a Toyota Camery that kept getting stuck in the snow and we finally ran out of time and had to turn back. We will eventaully get it.