Milestone Congratulations

Wienerdog

Congrats to fishiam on 300 caches today and his one year anniversary tomorrow :D

Congrats are in order!

Hey, thanks for the congrats! I am a slow cacher but my motivation is completeness not numbers. For the past 6 months my goal has been to log all active caches in the Seattle city limits. I'm about 30 caches away, most in far corners of the city that are tough for me to reach. Has anyone else found all the active Seattle caches?

peace, fishiam

I would say it is doubtful, but you never know. Of course there are more of them now than there were before so it may have been done once four or five years ago.

Be aware this is a moving target. I know of one that may show up in the SE corner soon. Well, maybe a couple of weeks from now.

Congrats RWW and Stump on #1200! :huh:

You had to look and see how far you had to go to beat me, didn't you. :o I'm still logging them from the weekend so I'll be holding you off another day or two. ;)

But thanks, I figure once you hit 1,000 your next milestone isn't until 1,500. I didn't even know I'd hit 1,200 until 5 caches later.

OK this is going to sound dorky... but we finaly hit 25.

Yeah, I know it doesn't sound like much, but considering I started 2 years ago with a Magellan 300 (got a 'real' GPS for my birthday last year), and we cache with a child with disabilities, it was a major point of pride for me.

Bound and determined to hit 100 by the Labor Day.

OK this is going to sound dorky... but we finaly hit 25.

Yeah, I know it doesn't sound like much, but considering I started 2 years ago with a Magellan 300 (got a 'real' GPS for my birthday last year), and we cache with a child with disabilities, it was a major point of pride for me.

Bound and determined to hit 100 by the Labor Day.

We all play this game our own way for our own reasons.

What is important is that you have set goals and are reaching them. Congrats for reaching your milestone and I hope the child is enjoying the hunts that you do.

I am happy to report that after 2 years and 9 months of caching (we didn't start until July 2002 due to lack of caches in our area and lack of GPS for a while) Dean and I have now reached 1000 finds.

That is (as of current cache stats for our state) 140 more cache finds than there are caches in Montana. So we'd like to thank TravisL for the Spokane Cache Machine and the Tri-Cities Cache machine as without them, we'd still be in the 3 digits. :unsure:

Without all you wonderful Idaho and Eastern Washington cachers placing so many nice caches, we would never have made it this far, we would have given up and moved on to another hobby, so we thank you all for doing what comes natural to you- placing fun caches.

And our thanks go out to Yumitori and Leonata who drive us constantly forward towards caches that we believe are beyond our capabilities and which they believe are easily within them.

Amazing days are ahead for us all and we wished to thank everyone. And congratulate everyone who finds a cache, be it their first, second, or 3000th as every cache is a milestone for each finder. No matter the number, it is still one more than you had before!

-Jennifer

I am happy to report that after 2 years and 9 months of caching (we didn't start until July 2002 due to lack of caches in our area and lack of GPS for a while) Dean and I have now reached 1000 finds.

That is (as of current cache stats for our state) 140 more cache finds than there are caches in Montana. So we'd like to thank TravisL for the Spokane Cache Machine and the Tri-Cities Cache machine as without them, we'd still be in the 3 digits. :unsure:

Without all you wonderful Idaho and Eastern Washington cachers placing so many nice caches, we would never have made it this far, we would have given up and moved on to another hobby, so we thank you all for doing what comes natural to you- placing fun caches.

And our thanks go out to Yumitori and Leonata who drive us constantly forward towards caches that we believe are beyond our capabilities and which they believe are easily within them.

Amazing days are ahead for us all and we wished to thank everyone. And congratulate everyone who finds a cache, be it their first, second, or 3000th as every cache is a milestone for each finder. No matter the number, it is still one more than you had before!

-Jennifer

Big congrats guys!

WOO-HOO, Jennifer & Dean! (Taking them out to dinner tonight for some BIG time celebrating ;) ). So glad to have been a part of your 1st caching millenium, and having you guys as caching buddies has always been one of the best parts of this hobby! Hope we all have many more cache-a-thon adventures together, working on the 2nd millenium. Congrats guys, you're the best. You ought to get a medal just for putting up with us. :lol:

At 10:20 this morning I reached my goal of #1000 at Mingo. I don't have them all logged yet - time and dial-up 'fun' has me way behnd - but I made it! Seven long days of caching and driving from Renton to Colorado Springs to Mingo (a total of 75 caches along the way), now about two weeks of light caching and sightseeing will see us home.

I guess I need to start planning where to go for my 1500th. <quick duck to avoid blow from wife :lol: >

I found my 100th cache today... Multi-use trail in Redmond!! :lol: This is also my first post in the forums. I figure it's about time to find out what's going on in here. ;) Kurt GK360

Congrats on your first big milestone!!! I fondly remember mine even though it's almost three years ago now. It was also in Redmond...one of the legendary Leonardo series caches...number 4 I think. Too bad they are archived...otherwise I'd recommend those to you.

Congratulations to Grossi on number Five Hundred! It’s always neat to see people hit new milestones but this one is especially fun for me because there is a story behind it. On a cold and dreary day in January 2004 DiscoCry presented a social studies / Geocaching workshop for teachers here in Seattle. To assist with that class Wanderlost and I attended to help the ‘students’ learn how to use a GPSr to find a cache. Well as it turns out, Grossi was the student and I was the ‘teacher’ on that rainy day at Seattle U. Always nice to see one of your students succeed in the world! Keep on ‘cachin Grossi.

Wienerdog

As detailed in this log, this was a triple milestone for Grossi. Thanks for choosing one of my hides for the milestone and congrats on all three milestones. Thanks also to Wienerdog for sharing the story of your start. As a former teacher, I know that it is not that often that you hear of the success of your efforts.