Milestone Congratulations

Wienerdog

Just wanted to put my two cents in. I started the caching adventure on July 29th. Got a Garmin for my birthday. I didn't have any idea what to expect but thought it looked like fun. Now I have got Sage2506, Tin-Ear, and Caching-Ferret completly hooked on this sport. I have placed 3 caches, and found 268 caches so far and love it. I have meet only nice people, no nasty ones. OK, some evil, but no nasty ones! Made new friends like LittleBlue. Meet near famous people out looking, it's been great! I did my 200th cache on November 7th, 2004 at Heybrook Lookout and on November 26th, 2004 I did my 250th cache at Explorer Falls. I know to some it does not seem like much, but to those of you who know me, it takes effort to move my bad back, over weight, bad knees over these trails. I can only envy how some of you can go for many mile walks. But, I don't see any stopping right now for me. It is the best thing I can imagine. I love finding caches, even the micros. I know this is blowing my own horn here, but I having said what I said, I also have to say, I look forward to meeting more of you on the trails!

Congrats on all of your milestones!

...I started the caching adventure on July 29th.... and found 268 caches so far and love it...

Hmmm... that's on average more than 2 caches per day, Arabesque - congratulations! Yup, I'd say you're hooked. Utterly T oAsT! :rolleyes:

And 3 caches hidden. Indeed, for me (with but a scant 100+ finds), I'm finding that designing and hiding caches is even more fun than finding them. Not just toss any ol' micro on the side of the parking lot, but devising something fun, somehow interactive - either in a puzzle, the search or the hide.

Oh my yes Arabesque, toasted or nay, I couldn't agree more!

Adding to what LittleBlue said, It is the hides that give us the finds. We have all been to caches that after you found it you said, “That could have been better.” Don’t get me wrong here, I appreciate ALL hides, anyone getting out there and putting in the effort to make a hide deserves an AT-A-BOY in my book. I just would like to say that some of the hides are so clever that after you complete them you just smile and grin. Often these same caches are really not that hard to find, they are just clever in execution. The container might be creative, the location might be unusual, the walk/drive to the cache might be special, but there is always something that makes you remember that finding that cache was a wonderful experience. It’s not about the numbers. If it was I would only do 1/1 caches! It is about hoping that the next cache is one that makes me smile. Guess I am a smile junky! :(

Big congrats to GEMS on his 1000th career find today! He got it at Buck's Landing. We had a wonderful time up there today. Great workout. Be on the lookout for pictures, etc. We also hid a cache for you all....near a great viewpoint of majestic Rainier.

Also Pepper got her 2200th career find today. Congrats!!!!!

Thanks evergreenhiker! & congrats to Pepper!

Thanks for all that came to support this event! evergreenhiker!, Pepper, Kfam, Moun10Bike, MountainMule & Beth, and runhills.

I had a blast today, but my legs are sore.

Big congrats to GEMS on his 1000th career find today! He got it at Buck's Landing. We had a wonderful time up there today. Great workout. Be on the lookout for pictures, etc. We also hid a cache for you all....near a great viewpoint of majestic Rainier.

Also Pepper got her 2200th career find today. Congrats!!!!!

Woo hoo!! Congratulations to GEM's and Pepper! Great achievement, both of you! I'm looking forward to seeing the logs.

HC

Congratulations!

In committing to a return visit, I had no idea that I would be there to witness GEMs and Pepper reaching some great milestones. What an added bonus to the awsome day.

Thanks GEMs for pulling this together and thanks Pepper for the gracious gift.

Thanks to all for letting Chester join the fun!