Request: Better picture management.

linuxxpert

It seems that the picture gallery system is a bit buggy, slow and not very efficient for the user. This may be to reduce the amount of pictures people upload to the system, I am not sure but it is pretty annoying having to upload log pictures piece by piece.

Don't get me wrong, I love the services geocaching.com provides but it would be even better if it uses a picture upload setup much like Ebay or photobucket.

Also almost half of the time the pictures wont even load on the cache logs unless reloaded multiple times... this is probably a server performance issue.

Anyways, you guys are doing an awesome job, thank you!

I'd been having image-related problems for years and years, mostly noticeable because certain pictures, in a cache gallery or wherever, would never load. Same with cache pages, randomly, though in those cases a reload would usually do the trick. This is on Ubuntu Linux, BTW.

I replaced my router, and all my problems went away. Now GC.com works perfectly. Internet radio no longer skips and rebuffers. GSAK no longer corrupts remote databases that had to go through that router between Windows VM and Ubuntu host.

A stupid $50 piece of hardware was the cause of so many problems.

It might be worth checking out...