This is so cool!

jmj732

My wife got an e-mail about Geocaching through cub scouts, and the next day I ordered my Dakota! We had to go out the night we got it, and found one in the dark! The next weekend all three kids, my wife, and I went for six hours! We are hooked! Thanks to all who make this great activity available to us! We will continue to cach on the Jersey Shore and beyond!!

It's always great to see another new NJ geocacher. Come on up to the Highlands region for some really great caching. Not that it isn't good down the shore, but we have some awesome caches up north.

Also don't forget the events. Central Jersey has one on the third Tuesday of every month and this month's is coming up. Come on down and chew the fat with the locals.

Briansnat's advice is very sound - Don't forget about the events.

Late last year after rediscovering Geocaching, my wife and I attended a few events. We had a blast at both, met great people, ate some great food and had an awesome time.

Events are a great way to meet fellow cachers!

I'm also new to Geocaching as of yesterday! Love it!! Found my first three caches with the guidance of a caching friend. Then spent the rest of the day surfing for more...is this normal? Can't wait to get out again. I look forward to seeing great places, meeting great people and learning the ropes.

Welcome aboard!

I would like to tell you that the initial enthusiasm for a new activity will pass and you can resume your previous life.

I would like to tell you that.

The awesomeness just doesn't work like that...so much free time to spend staring at trees looking for their micros!

The world is vast, and full of caches...

I've got a buddy who lives down in the Pine Barrens. I've tried to get him hooked too. (That's difficult 'cause I can't just grab him and go.) There are many, many caches down in Wharton State Forest. Maybe a bit interesting driving the sand roads, but lots of caches. Don't forget your skeeter spray if you head down that way. Oh yeah, welcome aboard.

My wife got an e-mail about Geocaching through cub scouts, and the next day I ordered my Dakota! We had to go out the night we got it, and found one in the dark! The next weekend all three kids, my wife, and I went for six hours! We are hooked! Thanks to all who make this great activity available to us! We will continue to cach on the Jersey Shore and beyond!!

;) I have all my Scouts hooked here in the UK, they are off with their families searching at weekends, a great way to keep fit providing you hike to the cache. Have fun! SKIP