COINTEST: Rescue Animals

anne.and.eli

We got our bunny, Cadburry, from a rescue in Gainesville Florida. He had been badly neglected before we adopted him and was suffering from malnutrition and other complications. He was partially blind and deaf due to bacterial infections and he suffered from a condition called "malocclusion" (a misalignment of the teeth) which caused his front teeth to grow constantly and protrude from his mouth. He was a very high maintenance bunny and required regular vet check ups and regular teeth trimming for the entirety of his life. Despite that we would not have traded the company of this complicated little bunny for anything. He was free to roam about our apartment and was very good about using the litterbox. He was incredibly loving and gentle and enjoyed being pet and groomed for hours on end. One of his favorite past times was taking naps under the couch while sleeping upside down on his back! He was also quite the trouble maker, he would chew just about anything and somehow managed to climb into the strangest places. One day he managed to get himself into the refrigerator while my back was turned (fortunately I noticed before closing him in). Sadly, he passed away two months ago from natural causes. We had him cremated and spread his ashes in a local pet cemetery. He was the best bunny that ever lived and he will be missed dearly.

cadbunny.jpg

We trained him to give kisses too :)

cadbunny2.jpg

Edited by woyiandwaya
I would love to hug her! she is an alive teedy bear! :) Hey.. I know she is a dog.. right? :lol:

Anne has a picture somewhere of her sleeping on the couch hugging Mishka just like a teddy bear. Maybe we can get her to post it!

Mishka is my niece-dog. I love her!! She is amazing.

That bunny is ADORABLE!!

Also, I am loving everyone's stories, thank you for sharing! I'm going to pick a winner sometime tomorrow, so there's still a bit of time to sneak in an entry!

As for Gillian's request...I am sick so Mishka and Kita got on the couch to keep me company while I slept. Eli snuck this photo while we were crashed out.

mishkateddybear.jpg

That bunny is ADORABLE!!

Also, I am loving everyone's stories, thank you for sharing! I'm going to pick a winner sometime tomorrow, so there's still a bit of time to sneak in an entry!

As for Gillian's request...I am sick so Mishka and Kita got on the couch to keep me company while I slept. Eli snuck this photo while we were crashed out.

mishkateddybear.jpg

It's probably the best way to stay warm :P Should Mishka be wearing a small barrel containing whisky under her neck? Unless someone took it away after drinking it :lol:

Get well soon!

We got our bunny, Cadburry, from a rescue in Gainesville Florida. He had been badly neglected before we adopted him and was suffering from malnutrition and other complications. He was partially blind and deaf due to bacterial infections and he suffered from a condition called "malocclusion" (a misalignment of the teeth) which caused his front teeth to grow constantly and protrude from his mouth. He was a very high maintenance bunny and required regular vet check ups and regular teeth trimming for the entirety of his life. Despite that we would not have traded the company of this complicated little bunny for anything. He was free to roam about our apartment and was very good about using the litterbox. He was incredibly loving and gentle and enjoyed being pet and groomed for hours on end. One of his favorite past times was taking naps under the couch while sleeping upside down on his back! He was also quite the trouble maker, he would chew just about anything and somehow managed to climb into the strangest places. One day he managed to get himself into the refrigerator while my back was turned (fortunately I noticed before closing him in). Sadly, he passed away two months ago from natural causes. We had him cremated and spread his ashes in a local pet cemetery. He was the best bunny that ever lived and he will be missed dearly.

cadbunny.jpg

We trained him to give kisses too :lol:

cadbunny2.jpg

Your bunny is adorable!!!! I love the first photo that is standing! :P Do I have your permision to save this photo in my computer so my girlfriend can see it? :P

hehe sure go ahead :lol:

Oh thank you so much my friend!

You know,, this little funny fave with the clever look your bunny has, reminds me a comedy series I used to watch.... where a guy was talking to a gray stuffed rabbit and the rabbit was talking to him... but only to him....

If I remember well, the guy's name was Jack and he was divorsed...he had kids and he was going to the basement... something like that... Oh and the rabbits name was.. mr floppy?

It's been a long time since this was on TV... maybe 10 or 15 years?? So...

I do not remember the title of the TV series... It was happily ever after... or Unhapily ever after.... something like that! hmm.. I have to search about it! :P

Edited by GATOULIS

cadbunny.jpg

We trained him to give kisses too :)

cadbunny2.jpg

Thanks for sharing....it is a adorable picture....beautiful coloring...what a sweetie

1.ellipirelli - flava indeed had a golden soul. What a touching and beautiful story, it really does bring to mind, who does the rescuing, the human or the animal?

2. tha saint - Storm is a gorgeous boy! I'm so glad the timing worked out for you. :D

3. 2jeeps2jacks - Choloe and Iggy look like a handful! Such cute playmates. :)

4. gatoulis - Kiki sounds like an incredible kitty! I've heard about cats who were "toilet trained" but never have had one. :) What a sad way to lose her though. :( And Asproula, I can't believe people threw away a kitten, that's so sad! Good thing you were there to give her a happy home for as long as you could. Poisoned meat is just horrible. :(

5. gardengorilla - Duchess has such gorgeous fur! And she likes baths! Can she come teach Mishka that? :) I hope you get to be with your pups soon! It must have been so hard to leave them behind.

*. drneal - Heineken and Maxx sound like a great duo. :D I can't wait to see what you get the boys NEXT Christmas. ;)

6. sarahbelle - Annabelle sounds like such a sweetie! I'm so happy she fit in so well with your family. :)

*. catsnfish - I love the story about Gitchie Bird! You do know that Earthcaches aren't supposed to have swag though, right? ;)

*. burgessfour - Cherry Pie is absolutely gorgeous! You rock for giving her a home! :)

7. hiking dude - You fell asleep reading an operating manual! ;) Spinks shows you how kitties have this habit of worming their way into our hearts! :laughing: And your other rescue is gorgeous as well!

8. fianccetto - I love Binky! That's so awesome you can take him on walks and in the car. :D

9. are_we_there_yet? - Stripe IS adorable! And he rides your shoulder, that's so cool. :) He looks tiny in the picture, how much does he weigh? Like 6 lbs? Pepper is gorgeous as well. :) I bet he loved that ice cream mix! That's so sweet that your son has a picture of him on his desk still. Socks looks like a great queen for the castle! :laughing: Too bad that g/f didn't know about Claratin, but you have given her a great home!

10. ladybee4t - "My wife is an idiot" is right!!! What a GORGEOUS dog! I can see why you drove right out to see Molly! :o Riley seems like an awesome birthday present! :D He's a very handsome dog! And Layla is pretty too! You have a bevy of beautiful dogs! I'm so happy she worked out for you. :D

11. tekkguy - That's a lot of rescues! :D It sounds like I'd love visiting your house. :) But that vet?!?! HOLY COW. I sure hope he gets closed down, that's awful. :( Also, what is it about people bringing in animals to be put down without trying to find them homes? At LEAST take them to a shelter and give them a chance! So sad. :(

12. sgtmikal - First of all, Chili's name is fantastic. :D Second of all, the dog was at a rescue on death row AND unspayed? I didn't even know that was allowed (to adopt out un-altered pets). Maybe that's just a California thing. Still, what an awful life she started with, I'm so happy you gave her the opportunity to blossom into the sweetie she is!

13. geocharmer81 - Your story breaks my heart! That she could say "bad bird" is awful! (Since it must have been repeated to her so often.) I'm glad her feathers are starting to grow back and that she has such a wonderful home now.

14. johnmac56 - Yay Max! I love seeing pictures of your sweetie boy! I had no idea what horrible conditions he came from though. :( He sure looks happy now!

*. tank hounds - Thank you so much for sharing the pics of all your gorgous pups!! I'm just on my first rescue dog and cat and rabbit (phew) but I don't think I'll ever be without a rescue dog again. :) I shall follow in your footsteps!

15. goosfraba1 - Aren't hunter cats the best?! :laughing: Growing up I had a cat who would bring in his catches..but they weren't dead yet! I had a wild mouse that lived in my room and would sneak into the hamster cage and use his wheel at night. The cat brought him in and he lived there until we caught him and let him back outside. Duck and Mow Mow sound like they were both characters!

16. fuzziebear3 - What a beautiful story about Babette! You are such a great soul for taking her in and giving her a wonderful home! The pets with medical problems are the hardest to place, and seem to get returned quite often to the shelter.

17. where'smymarbles - Scribbles looks like he is at least part Bengal! What a beauty! And sugar gliders! I've never gotten to see one of those in person. Hrmmm maybe it's best I don't, I think Eli has mentioned we've hit the species limit... :laughing:

18. laval k-9 - The picture of Moustache looks like it belongs in an advertisement! Princess looks like she was an awesome babysitter for your son! And Fanny is a beaut! It's so cool she has her own club. I am so sorry to hear about your recent loss of Judd, it's so hard to lose a family member. :(

19. lorca.nl - What a strange way to get a turtle!! Pim is a great name, even if she is a girl! :D

20. isjustus4 - I think it's more than just 4 of you! ;) Thanks for sharing all your great animals, even the non-rescues. :D

21. woyjandwaya - I've said this before, but Cadburry is ADORABLE. I want little bunny kisses from him! I'm so sorry to hear about his passing, he sounds like a wonderful addition to your family.

Thanks everyone for entering the cointest! I'm going to post a story about Kita and then pull a winner! (A day late and a dollar short. :laughing:)

When I first left college (I'm back again, I can't seem to get away) I moved up to Seattle. The person I was dating at the time had four cats. One of them passed away and after about a month I told him that I wanted to have a cat. I'd grown up with animals but had never owned one as an independent adult and I felt like I was ready for it.

So we went looking for one. I knew I wanted an adult cat, and I wanted a girl, and I didn't want a tabby since all of his cats were tabbies! We went to a bunch of shelters and such looking for a kitty, but none of them were "right". Finally we went to PetCo (or PetSmart, something like that) to pick up some food for the three cats at home and they had rescue kitties there on display!

One of them was this girl who had been given up because she'd had kittens, and she came right up to me and rubbed against the bars. I asked to see her, and another family was there to see her as well. We all sat in a circle on the floor and the employee put the kitty down on the floor. She walked right up to me and flopped over on her back! I took her home that night.

I ended up naming her Nikita (after the movie La Femme Nikita) and calling her Kita for short. She was 1.5 when I got her, and as you can see, a tabby! :) They told me she'd calm down when she was 2, as she was kind of spastic. Well she's 10 now and I'm STILL WAITING.

She has become such an important part of my life. I went through some really rough patches before heading back to school and Kita was there through all of it. We are very strongly bonded, and she waits for me to get home at the back door. When I walk in, she jumps onto my shoulders and lays down there. I can walk around for a long time with her just perched up there purring.

I love her so much and can't imagine life without her purr-filled presence.

kitaupside1.jpg

kitapray.jpg

All my pets like to help me on my laptop...

kitalaptop.jpg

kitatrackable.jpg

And my super happy greeting I get every day!

annekita2.jpg

15. goosfraba1 - Aren't hunter cats the best?! :) Growing up I had a cat who would bring in his catches..but they weren't dead yet! I had a wild mouse that lived in my room and would sneak into the hamster cage and use his wheel at night. The cat brought him in and he lived there until we caught him and let him back outside. Duck and Mow Mow sound like they were both characters!

Hunter cats are the best... it's fun to watch them do their cat thing and their gifts are thoughtful... lol.

And now I'm going to share Obi's story!

Obi is a recent addition to the Petting Zoo that is our home. :) I'm a PhD student, and I end up TAing a number of classes to pay the bills. I befriended one of the girls in my class and talked to her quite a bit about my cat. (At the time, Kita was my only pet.) Also, I am the crazy cat lady in training. ANYWAY.

Fast forward about 6 months. I got a message from this girl in a panic. She had a rabbit and she was told she had to get rid of it. She'd tried everyone and had no idea what to do with him and didn't want to take him to the shelter. I said I would talk to Eli, assuming he'd say "no" and I'd have an easy out. Except he DIDN'T say no. And then I thought "well having a bunny might be cool" and she said she could take him back once they changed living situations which had caused them to have to get rid of the bunny in the first place.

So that night she came over with Obi Bun Kenobi. He's about 12 lbs of French Lop goodness. I've never had a bunny in my life, so I'm still adjusting. He loves having his head pet, and he's a sweet and mellow guy. We got him neutered right away and some of the problems they'd had with him went away. He and Kita get along really well and they chase each other around the house.

He's a bit uncertain about Mishka. He's not afraid of her, just afraid of getting under her feet!

I wish I knew more about bunnies. Maybe woyjandwaya can give me some pointers, as I'd love to teach him to give kisses! I've taught him to stand on his back legs and beg (because it's adorable) and he chases me around the house and binkies for food. I love rabbit binkies!

obi.jpg

obibow.jpg

Obi's first, temporary home. Please note that Kita's INSIDE eating the hay.

wrong.jpg

Did I mention Kita likes lettuce?

obikita.jpg

Cute noggin!

obibeg.jpg

Obi is super sick right now. We took him to the vet earlier and he's running a fever. He's not really eating (a very bad thing for a bunny) so we're giving him lotsa veggies because he'll eat those. Poor bunny boy!

Okay! Now for the winners!

Obi has decided he will pick one person at random.

16 - fuzziebear3!

Kita is going for quantity, and is going to pick at random, but anyone who has more than one animal gets entered that many times! (so someone with 3 rescues gets three entries) random.org says 9 which calculates out to...

7 - hiking dude!

Mishka wants to give something to someone who has a rescue that has gone across the rainbow bridge... Random.org says 2. The second person who has a rainbow bridge rescue is...

4. gatoulis

Finally, I get to pick one winner! I'm not even going to try to pick a favorite since you all had such heartwarming stories to share! (And some heartbreaking as well!)

So I will do the random thing as well.

I pick lucky #13, geocharmer81!

So will the four winners please email me your contact info and I will get your coins out to you by the end of the week. :)

Also, send me which coin you'd like!! (pictures are on the first page).

Thanks everyone for sharing your stories!

Edited by anne.and.eli

16 - fuzziebear3!

Kita is going for quantity, and is going to pick at random, but anyone who has more than one animal gets entered that many times! (so someone with 3 rescues gets three entries) random.org says 9 which calculates out to...

7 - hiking dude!

Mishka wants to give something to someone who has a rescue that has gone across the rainbow bridge... Random.org says 2. The second person who has a rainbow bridge rescue is...

4. gatoulis

Finally, I get to pick one winner! I'm not even going to try to pick a favorite since you all had such heartwarming stories to share! (And some heartbreaking as well!)

So will the four winners please email me your contact info and I will get your coins out to you by the end of the week. :)

Congrats to everyone!

The real winners are the animals we take in.

<snip>

12. sgtmikal - First of all, Chili's name is fantastic. :D Second of all, the dog was at a rescue on death row AND unspayed? I didn't even know that was allowed (to adopt out un-altered pets). Maybe that's just a California thing. Still, what an awful life she started with, I'm so happy you gave her the opportunity to blossom into the sweetie she is!

<snip>

Thanks everyone for entering the cointest! I'm going to post a story about Kita and then pull a winner! (A day late and a dollar short. :))

I love her name, and it fits her pretty well. Thanx for the compliment.

In our area, it is typical for dogs at the shelter to be unspayed, and as part of the adoption fee, have it done at that time. However, this one didn't get that chance, since she was on death row. My wife's cousin took her in, and we were able to meet her. She was in heat, and being kept in the same cage with her brother as well, so when we brought her home, we were not 100% sure if she was pregnant or not. We waited for another cycle before having her fixed, just in case.

She has really come a long way. She would just sit in the house and howl for the first couple of days, because she was so confused. She did not want to be held, or even be off of the floor at all. Now, she is so in love with us that she will actually fall asleep on our laps ON HER BACK! The ultimate sign of trust for a dog is the willingness to be on her back, vulnerable. She is such the cuddle-buddy now. She made all of this progress in only about 18 months or so. We have had her for almost 3 years, now. And she will be 5 on 4/12.

Thanx for the cointest...it was fun reading the stories and seeing the pictures.

16 - fuzziebear3!

7 - hiking dude!

4. gatoulis

Thank you!!!

For everyone's love of their animals ...

I have very much enjoyed reading all of the posts in this thread,

Thanks for holding this cointest where we all could share our pets love a bit.

Its been so great to read all the pet stories, they are all so interesting and seeing the pictures is great. I want more!

Binky changes every day and is getting braver. Some days brings new 'gifts' left in our shoes (swqeet wrappers, cat toys, moss if he can get it) or new football stunts with a baby sock or something else pushed or pulled off a shelf (I heard a great crash upstairs this morning, he had knocked down a pile of board games he was climbing over!) He still chases shadows and gets startled by his own reflection (complete with bottle brush tail) and

bites noses and toes in the night if he can. He's lost his first teeth and new ones have grown back, so he is getting calmer now. We do all love him, and he is so cute, so much more we could all say about our pets, I'm sure.

f3rhpt.jpg

24v1z4l.jpgfxs7k4.jpg

2dlly1g.jpg

And now I'm going to share Obi's story!

Obi is a recent addition to the Petting Zoo that is our home. :D I'm a PhD student, and I end up TAing a number of classes to pay the bills. I befriended one of the girls in my class and talked to her quite a bit about my cat. (At the time, Kita was my only pet.) Also, I am the crazy cat lady in training. ANYWAY.

Fast forward about 6 months. I got a message from this girl in a panic. She had a rabbit and she was told she had to get rid of it. She'd tried everyone and had no idea what to do with him and didn't want to take him to the shelter. I said I would talk to Eli, assuming he'd say "no" and I'd have an easy out. Except he DIDN'T say no. And then I thought "well having a bunny might be cool" and she said she could take him back once they changed living situations which had caused them to have to get rid of the bunny in the first place.

So that night she came over with Obi Bun Kenobi. He's about 12 lbs of French Lop goodness. I've never had a bunny in my life, so I'm still adjusting. He loves having his head pet, and he's a sweet and mellow guy. We got him neutered right away and some of the problems they'd had with him went away. He and Kita get along really well and they chase each other around the house.

He's a bit uncertain about Mishka. He's not afraid of her, just afraid of getting under her feet!

I wish I knew more about bunnies. Maybe woyjandwaya can give me some pointers, as I'd love to teach him to give kisses! I've taught him to stand on his back legs and beg (because it's adorable) and he chases me around the house and binkies for food. I love rabbit binkies!

Obi is super sick right now. We took him to the vet earlier and he's running a fever. He's not really eating (a very bad thing for a bunny) so we're giving him lotsa veggies because he'll eat those. Poor bunny boy!

Yay! another lop! Obi is adorable! The kiss trick is very easy to teach. All you do is offer him his favorite treat but hold it between your lips (careful not to slober it hehe) do this a few times and he'll start reaching for your lips instinctively. Once he is comfortable reaching for your lips you no longer have to hold the treat there. He will make contact with your lips in search of the treat and as soon as he does you offer him a treat from your hand and give him praise (that way you reinforce the lip touching behavior). I'm so sorry to hear that he's sick :) I've had rabbits get sick in the past but I've never had one develop a fever. I hope you have a good vet. Making sure he's eating is one of the most important things. If you ever want to contact me and talk bunny stuff feel free!

Congrats to the winners!

I just saw this thread and did a double take. Browsing through the topics, I suddenly realized that our recent family addition is in fact, a rescued animal! We found him at the Petco store, but he was actually on loan from the local Animal Rescue League in hopes he would find a new home. Kinda neat when you really think about it.

Anyhoo, just for giggles, here's our new buddy...Cosmo!

lazycosmo.jpg

He's only been here two weeks, but we can already tell he's developing a sense of humor. You need one to survive in this house!

Thanks for the topic (and cointest), anne.and.eli. We're kinda new to this adoption thing, so it's nice to see so many other rescued animals.

What a cool cointest! I don't know if I qualify since the cats we rescued were not rescue animals... Anyway, here they are:

- Pezeke (now you know where my nickname comes from): our neighbor's son got married and his wife didn't want cats so he wanted to take him to the shelter: we got him instead. He is still with us after 10 years and continues to rule the cats in out home (and us).

4457517855_a3f90c4ee0_m.jpg

- Tiniky: a cat someone left on the streets, it was obvious he was used to be indoors. We put up signs with his photo but nobody ever claimed him so we took him in. He was sick and he died less than a year after that - maybe that's why he was thrown out. Such a sweet loving cat he was, he will always be in our souls.

4458296364_2c5608440d_m.jpg

- Shookie: we used to go to the local shelter every other week to look for a kitten and every time we saw this cat with a crooked tail and nose that kept to herself and nobody wanted; we ended up adopting her. He is pretty old and sick now, every other week my wife takes her in for shots. They cost quite a lot but she is part of the family so it's OK.

4458296370_7cfff1b240_m.jpg

- Kitteh: finally the kitten my wife always wanted. A cat had a bunch of kittens in a field where she works; we bought a trap and she caught them one by one and took them all in to get neutered and vaccinated and kept the first one that got trapped. She is now 1 year and a half old and about 20 times as big as when she was when we took her in.

4457517905_62a11a9b11_m.jpg

Edited by pezeke13

What a cool cointest! I don't know if I qualify since the cats we rescued were not rescue animals... Anyway, here they are:

- Pezeke (now you know where my nickname comes from): our neighbor's son got married and his wife didn't want cats so he wanted to take him to the shelter: we got him instead. He is still with us after 10 years and continues to rule the cats in out home (and us).

4457517855_a3f90c4ee0_m.jpg

- Tiniky: a cat someone left on the streets, it was obvious he was used to be indoors. We put up signs with his photo but nobody ever claimed him so we took him in. He was sick and he died less than a year after that - maybe that's why he was thrown out. Such a sweet loving cat he was, he will always be in our souls.

4458296364_2c5608440d_m.jpg

- Shookie: we used to go to the local shelter every other week to look for a kitten and every time we saw this cat with a crooked tail and nose that kept to herself and nobody wanted; we ended up adopting her. He is pretty old and sick now, every other week my wife takes her in for shots. They cost quite a lot but she is part of the family so it's OK.

4458296370_7cfff1b240_m.jpg

- Kitteh: finally the kitten my wife always wanted. A cat had a bunch of kittens in a field where she works; we bought a trap and she caught them one by one and took them all in to get neutered and vaccinated and kept the first one that got trapped. She is now 1 year and a half old and about 20 times as big as when she was when we took her in.

4457517905_62a11a9b11_m.jpg

:) The kitten (Kitteh) is so pretty!!! :D She has a clever nad funny look! Ilove the half and half color her face has! She is like the 2 face in "Batman for ever" movie! :unsure:

You can also say... the black is the dark side of this cat! :D

She is adorable!!!!

I love your pathtag!! The 2 old men in the mappet show were hillarious!!!! B)

:) The kitten (Kitteh) is so pretty!!! :D She has a clever nad funny look! Ilove the half and half color her face has! She is like the 2 face in "Batman for ever" movie! :unsure:

She is adorable!!!!

Thanks! We love her a lot. She is a bit more mellow now that she is older but still crazy and cute.

Thank you! I always loved Muppets, if only I could make tags for each character I like :D

Oh! I just saw that the cointest is ended!!! WOW! I am in the winners?? Thank you so much Anne... and Mishka! :D

Congratulations to the other winners too!!! It was so nice to see that you rescued some lovely animals!!! :D Trust me.... they know that they were rescued, they know that you love them and they trust, respect and love you too!!!! :D they are showing it when ever they can! they just have their own way to do that... and sometimes we do not see it!

Oh!!! I just read that Cadburry died! :D I am sure he lived a great life and got so much love!!! :D

Anne!! Obi is sick??? Oh!! :D I hope he will be better soon!!!

Hmm... Kita likes lettuce? :unsure: One of the cats my girlfriend has, loves eating ... okras and eggplants!!! I hate okras!!! How can a cat eat these?? :D crazy animals... and that is a reason to love them more! B)

anne.... shall I send you my address or you have it already? :D

Hmm... I have to choose the coin! Oh boy!!! that is so difficult!!! :D

I am between the 3 new versions... :) I will let you know soon my friend! :D and thank you so much for the great cointest once again! :)

edited to ask a favor.... Do I have your permision to keep in my PC and show to my girlfriend the photo of Obi standing??? :)

Edited by GATOULIS

Hahahah gato, you can keep any picture I share on the forums, you don't need to ask. I figure once it's on the internet, there's no chance of keeping it private!

pezeke13: Sadly the cointest just ended! However, I might have another soon since I loved seeing pictures of everyone's pets. :unsure: Thanks for sharing!

yemonyime: You certainly got a cat with character!! Welcome to the wonderful world of adopting a rescue animal! :D

She is adorable!!!!

Thanks! We love her a lot. She is a bit more mellow now that she is older but still crazy and cute.

Thank you! I always loved Muppets, if only I could make tags for each character I like :D

:D I loved muppet show too! My favorite video is this one! It is in an other language because the original one in youtube is mute! :D I am laughing with this video... even if I am not happy... or I... have my nerves... it really calms me down and make me smile again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdUeVAkzEas

Hahahah gato, you can keep any picture I share on the forums, you don't need to ask. I figure once it's on the internet, there's no chance of keeping it private!

pezeke13: Sadly the cointest just ended! However, I might have another soon since I loved seeing pictures of everyone's pets. :D Thanks for sharing!

yemonyime: You certainly got a cat with character!! Welcome to the wonderful world of adopting a rescue animal! :D

:D you are so sweet my friend! B)

Well.. Ihad to ask! :) I like your phto with Kitta too! :D In this photo you both show how much you love eachother! :D

Oh! you might have an other cointest with animal's photos?? Oh boy... why I didn't keep any photos of them... and... why my scanner is dead ??? :unsure:

:D The kitten (Kitteh) is so pretty!!! :D She has a clever nad funny look! Ilove the half and half color her face has! She is like the 2 face in "Batman for ever" movie! :unsure:

She is adorable!!!!

:D I loved muppet show too! My favorite video is this one! It is in an other language because the original one in youtube is mute! :D I am laughing with this video... even if I am not happy... or I... have my nerves... it really calms me down and make me smile again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdUeVAkzEas

I love that video ... lol. My mom and I always try to come up with phrases that could go in the place of "monah monah". My personal favorite is "cadaver lab". Morbid... I know. :)

For those of you who asked, Obi passed away this morning. He was a special bunny and I will miss his little bunny greetings every day.

I'm still waiting to hear back from one of the winners, and then I will send out the winning coins.

Thanks again everyone for sharing your stories with me.

For those of you who asked, Obi passed away this morning. He was a special bunny and I will miss his little bunny greetings every day.

I'm still waiting to hear back from one of the winners, and then I will send out the winning coins.

Thanks again everyone for sharing your stories with me.

Oh Anne, I am so sorry :surprise:

I love this thread :surprise:

Too bad I'm a couple days late. I am an animal rescuer by trade- as in, I founded my own animal rescue several years ago and now I do it full time. I have 6 dogs (and 2 at the "Rainbow Bridge), 7 cats, 5 guinea pigs, ALL rescues and have fostered around 150 animals in the last 6 or so years which include all the animals already mentioned as well as bunnies, rats, birds, and turtles. You want stories, I could give you stories... and pics.

Congratulations to the winners and I'm so thrilled to see so many animal loving cachers here. <3

Anne, I am so sorry for your loss. Obi was a very lucky bunny!!

Edited by starfishsaving

Oh no!!! Obi is not with us anymore??? :surprise::ph34r:;)

What was the reason? I mean.. he had feaver and he was sick but.. what was the cause?? :o Poor little bunny! :anicute:

You know.. even if we had pets in my family from cats, dogs, birds, hamsters.. the first pet I had as my pet was a white bunny! It was a gift! I loved him so much!

When my sister was a child she also had a bunny! it was a common one.. like my bunny and she loved it too! :D

Unfortunatelly my grandfather didn't want to see that the bunny was a pet (?) and for him it was just food! :P My sister... saw him holding her bunny dead, and trying to take the bunny's fair out! It was the worse thing a child cound see! :( That left a mark for ever in my sister's heart and soul!

From that time she can not even see a food with a rabbit or something....

I do not eat it either!

Huh... Obi... RIP in the Paradise bunnyland... with lots of carots and treats you always liked!