Geocaching in Spanish?

Hello all,

I'm new to all this geocaching thing and just found my first cache yesterday. It was fun, awesome and I really want my dad to give it a try, he lives in Veracruz, Mexico and I'm in Canada.

The thing is, he doesn't speak English that much and I'm not around to translate. He is all about outdoors adventures and it'd suck that the language barrier would stop him from doing this awesome activity.

Is there anything like geocaching.com/en-mx or .com/spanish ??

Thank you all.

Hello all,

I'm new to all this geocaching thing and just found my first cache yesterday. It was fun, awesome and I really want my dad to give it a try, he lives in Veracruz, Mexico and I'm in Canada.

The thing is, he doesn't speak English that much and I'm not around to translate. He is all about outdoors adventures and it'd suck that the language barrier would stop him from doing this awesome activity.

Thank you all.

I checked for cache page near Veracruz, Mexico (Latitude 19 Degrees 10 Minutes North - Longitude 96 Degrees 10 Minutes West) figuring they might be written in Spanish.

Here is the nearest cache: Boca Escollera (GCZRA3)

Are you aware that there are only 2 caches within ten km of those coords? There are 6 caches within 100 km. There are 13 caches within 160 km.

If you can show your dad the Geocaching ropes he won't have many opportunities to find caches, but there is nearly unlimited opportunity to hide them.

No entiendo por que los jugadores Mexicanos colocan caches con la descripción solamente en Ingles. Haciendo eso limitan la cantidad de jugadores.

Tal vez deba de empezar un hilo nuevo para ver cual es el sentimiento del resto de la comunidad.

Completamente de acuerdo, yo soy de España, aqui tambien hay alguno en Ingles y en Portugal más que en España. Pienso que primero deberia ser en nuestro propio idioma y si se quiere en 2 ó más idiomas y al que venga de otro pais es el que deberia de buscar la traducción.

Saludos.

No entiendo por que los jugadores Mexicanos colocan caches con la descripción solamente en Ingles. Haciendo eso limitan la cantidad de jugadores.

Tal vez deba de empezar un hilo nuevo para ver cual es el sentimiento del resto de la comunidad.

Completamente de acuerdo, yo soy de España, aqui tambien hay alguno en Ingles y en Portugal más que en España. Pienso que primero deberia ser en nuestro propio idioma y si se quiere en 2 ó más idiomas y al que venga de otro pais es el que deberia de buscar la traducción.

Saludos.

Pienso lo mismo.

Hello all,

Thank you all.

Hello,

There is not an official Geocache site in Mexico, but check http://geonexo.net, a geocaching devoted site based in Puebla, the neighbor state from Veracruz.

GeoKer.mx