Cointest: Name a Gnome II

Tha Saint

Last year I did the Name a Gnome cointest, and we sent Gnummy off on his travels..

Name a Gnome

TB2PXJN

Well this year its his brothers turn..

Gnomecoin2.jpg

And just like Gnummy once did....He has a problem... He has no name, and even worse he has no where to go. He is getting ready to go traveling but cannot decide on a mission.

So here's the cointest..

1. Name the Gnome (This will be the name I use on the coins page)

2. Give the Gnome a mission (This will be the mission I use on the coins page)

Simply saying send him to Utah or something like that wont get it done. Im looking for a full mission statement that I can pretty much copy & paste right onto the coin page.

Be as creative or simple as you like with both the name & the mission. This cointest will run for 1 week, and will end on March 21st, at no specific time..

Good Luck!!

Winner will be picked by me, and recieve a trackable coin of my choice.

Enter as many times as you like, but each entry must be a new name & new mission.

Edited by Tha Saint

I am Gnluvabiddle the Gnome and I am on a mission to spread my Gnluv across all 7 continents of the world.

When I decided to leave my tribe, my dad suggested that I do something productive with my life. All the good jobs were taken and there is absolutely no future in being a Stunt-Gnome. With that in mind, I have decided that I shall visit each of the 7 continents of the world to spead the Gnluv and the wishes for peace for all Gnmankind. The world is a crazy place, and there is destruction and chaos everywhere you turn so I will go forth, and give hope and smile upon the people I should meet in my travels.

About this item:

Please help me travel the world, and hold me across the oceans as I am not buoyant and a worthless swimmer. I sometimes get airsick, so if I should accompany you in the air, please have a plastic bag at the ready. I have all my shots, so I should stay healthy. I might need a good polish every now and again to keep me clean and shiny, because I can't spread Gnluv if I'm not clean.

:rolleyes:

~J

name: Millhouse Manastorm (quite famous.... :rolleyes: just goggle.... ;) )

Mission....

Since Millhouse Manastorm is now free and loves mysteries and knowledge of other civilizations and their history.... he wants to travel to as many different areas, states and countries as possible with Geocaching and visit the greatest symbols of the civilization and history of the place... like Athens - acropolis (Parthenon), England - Stonehedge, India - Taj Mahal, Paris - Eifel tower...

Please take photos with him in these places so others will see them too! If you post a litle about the historic place would be so great!

My daughter says name him

Clover of the 4 leaves

I've been seperated from some of my relatives early on in my existance. Maybe someone can help me get back to visit.

About this item:

I'd like to go to any Disney resort to have my picture taken with my relatives of the Dwarf family, and the Princesses that they know. After my visit with relatives, I'd also like to go to Ireland as it is my home and I miss it so much. There I'd like to see some of the famous historical attractions I haven't seen for so long. Of course, I'd like my picture taken to be shared with my owner with discretion to not show my secret number.

Name: Thomas Gnomer

Mission: Thomas do not believe anything he hears... He read in a book that Earth is big and round! What?? Bigger than my forest?? I have to see this....

So... Show to Thomas how big the Earth is and... that it is round! Please always to travel East... so... one day he will return o his house.. and realize that the world is round too! Take him to beautiful places, and help him see other countries! Take a photo with him in these beautiful places, so he can show them to the other Gnomes as proofsa of his adventure!

Allow me to introduce myself... my name is Mr.Gnomer. As I am definitely a male, naming me in the spirit of sailing vessels...i.e MissGnomer, would have been... well a misnomer!!

My mission is to vist caches near similarly misnamed towns all over the U.S. Such as;

Happy, Texas

Jackpot, Nevada

Strong City, Oklahoma

Nameless, Tennessee

Panic ,Pennsylvania

Hurricane, Utah

Pontiac, Michigan

Convent ,Louisiana

Morman Bar, California

ect...!!!

Gnatty Gnorma

Mission

To travel the world visiting places which have been used as natural backdrops to films (or could be) and have my photo taken.

About this Item

Like my brother, I would like to be in Holywood movies but I would like to be a female lead in fantasy films, so please make your photos of me look fetching or mysterious!

Name: Harry the hurry Gnome!

Mission! I am in a hurry! I want to find my brother, Gnummy the gnome (TB2PXJN) who is out travelling! He took his padlock with him but... he forgot his keys at home! Please help me find him!!! I would love to meet my brother and then come back home!

Genome the Gnome

I'm on a mission to figure out exactly what a gnome is and where we come from. I would like to travel to all sorts of gnomy places and meet all sorts of gnomy people. I want to be photographed with any gnome relatives (elves, trolls, leprauchauns, and the like). This is all in the spirit of gnome-science.

Gnutty - Gnummy's younger brother - he has always been a little eccentric, even by Gnomish terms.

He has heard that mom and dad mentioned that they missed Gnummy. so he has set off to let Gnummy know that he is still loved and that mom says he must remember to wash his hands before eating strange foods across the world.

He also is absolutely mad about nuts. So Gnutty will take detours towards anything associated with nuts. As he always says - you ain't seen Nut-ing yet!

I am Gnluvabiddle the Gnome and I am on a mission to spread my Gnluv across all 7 continents of the world.

When I decided to leave my tribe, my dad suggested that I do something productive with my life. All the good jobs were taken and there is absolutely no future in being a Stunt-Gnome. With that in mind, I have decided that I shall visit each of the 7 continents of the world to spead the Gnluv and the wishes for peace for all Gnmankind. The world is a crazy place, and there is destruction and chaos everywhere you turn so I will go forth, and give hope and smile upon the people I should meet in my travels.

About this item:

Please help me travel the world, and hold me across the oceans as I am not buoyant and a worthless swimmer. I sometimes get airsick, so if I should accompany you in the air, please have a plastic bag at the ready. I have all my shots, so I should stay healthy. I might need a good polish every now and again to keep me clean and shiny, because I can't spread Gnluv if I'm not clean.

:)

~J

I have absolutely no imagination today but if we get a vote, I vote for this one :blink: I Gnluv it!

Gato... You play WoW???

name: Millhouse Manastorm (quite famous.... :) just goggle.... :blink: )

Mission....

Since Millhouse Manastorm is now free and loves mysteries and knowledge of other civilizations and their history.... he wants to travel to as many different areas, states and countries as possible with Geocaching and visit the greatest symbols of the civilization and history of the place... like Athens - acropolis (Parthenon), England - Stonehedge, India - Taj Mahal, Paris - Eifel tower...

Please take photos with him in these places so others will see them too! If you post a litle about the historic place would be so great!

Allow me to introduce the latest member of the family...Gnerdle Gnewton.

Mission: Gnerdle is what you might call a brainiac, he loves to visit places of intellectual and scientic interest. Museums, Aquariums, Planetariums, Historical Locations, etc. He would also like to eventually get a grand tour of the Smithsonian Museum in Washington D.C. or the Louvre in Paris, France. He also likes to enjoy the occasional science fiction and fantasy conventions and have his picture taken with Spock impersonators or other Vulcans or Aliens from the Star Trek television and movie series! If he can't make it to the Louvre, he would love to get close to Area 51, and perhaps hitch a ride to the stars on a spaceship! This would make him the ultimate traveling gnome! To infinity and beyond... :)

Gato... You play WoW???

name: Millhouse Manastorm (quite famous.... :smile: just goggle.... :smile: )

Mission....

:) Nope! I played the Warcraft III and I loved it but I didn't play WoW.. :smile:

A guy, a guard in the museum I was working was playing the game and he was so fanatic!!! Every day he was telling me all the stages he played... the caracters, the levels... he even knew their lines!!!

I remember once, he was saying something about demons and slaughtering etc... and he didn't realise that he was saying that loud and... people were in!!! The poor tourists heard him and were so afraid!!!! :blink::):smile: I was trying to stop him and I couldn't! He wanted to finish his lines first!! Oh boy!!! Just imagine the picture of old english speaking couples with fear and horor in their eye to watch this guy while I was saying... I am sorry!!! they were passing with quick stept into the other room.... they were almost running and they were watching at him! I was feeling so bad!

Name: Gnomar Garciaparra

Mission: In honor of my recent retirement from professional baseball, I would like to travel to caches with a baseball theme. I would like to be photographed in various scenarios with a baseball theme as well. In addition, I would like to visit and be photographed with as many professional baseball parks as possible. I am particularly interested in visiting the Major League parks that I called home at some point during my playing career: Fenway Park (Boston Red Sox), Wrigley Field (Chicago Cubs), Dodger Stadium (Los Angeles Dodgers), and the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum (Oakland Athletics). My penultimate goal is to have my picture taken with the World Series Trophy.

Thanx for the cointest, Saint! I love the creativity!

edited for spelling...

Edited by SgtMikal

Dorothy (Dory) Gnome

You see, when I was a wee one, there was, ummm, some confusion. My parents gnamed me Dorothy (oops). You heard of a boy named Sue? Well I'm Dorothy. Just call me Dory, ok?

Anyway, I gneed to travel to Oz, and talk to some Wagga Wagga Wizard there. Then he will fix things up and send me to gNome, Alaska. After all, there's gNo Place Like gNome.

Edited by fuzziebear3

(one above made me laugh - gno place like gnome! Love it.)

OK, second try, slight changes.

My name is Gnorris, I am Gnummy the Gnome's brother. (Insert hyperlink to Gnummy's page here.)

Mission

To travel the world visiting caches near places which have been used as natural backdrops to films (or could be) and have my photo taken, collecting photos for my portfolio.

About this Item

Like my brother, I would like to be in Holywood movies at this stage of my carreer I need to show my potential for parts in fantasy films, so I'd like to be taken to places which (for whatever reason) might be used as a backdrop for a fantasy film. Thanks for helping me out.

:wub: Nope! I played the Warcraft III and I loved it but I didn't play WoW.. :D

A guy, a guard in the museum I was working was playing the game and he was so fanatic!!! Every day he was telling me all the stages he played... the caracters, the levels... he even knew their lines!!!

I remember once, he was saying something about demons and slaughtering etc... and he didn't realise that he was saying that loud and... people were in!!! The poor tourists heard him and were so afraid!!!! :grin::grin::D I was trying to stop him and I couldn't! He wanted to finish his lines first!! Oh boy!!! Just imagine the picture of old english speaking couples with fear and horor in their eye to watch this guy while I was saying... I am sorry!!! they were passing with quick stept into the other room.... they were almost running and they were watching at him! I was feeling so bad!

ROTFL

Steve --- yup that's it, just plain ol' Steve. Mom and Pop had no imagination when I came along and they couldn't think of a decent gnomish name for me.

my mission, to have all that find me to think of a better gnome name than Steve and post it in there log.

Edited by labrat_wr

The newest member of the family is named: Gnoel Gnicholas

Mission: Gnoel wants to visit Mahattan in New York City during the holidays, and have his picture taken with the giant rockerfeller center christmas tree, or perhaps visit the town of North Pole, Alaska and say hello to old Saint Nick and the elves. He would also just like to have his picture taken with all the family christmas trees or christmas ornaments throughout his journey. As you can tell, Gnoel just loves the holiday season! :anibad:

Name: Ballin the Dwarf

Mission:

As a mission I would like to search for Moria the city my relative ruled and died defending it!! I only know that it is underground, so I would like to visit as many caches in caves or in dark places as possible and try to search for clues of where I can find Moria!!

About this item: ....

Hello! my name is Ballin and I am the son of Gimli the dwarf! I was named like that so my father will honor his great relative and Lord of Moria, the famous underground city and mines of the Dwarfs!

My father was always telling me about the gret mines Of Moria and the great city of the dwarfs there! The city was destroyed by the orcs and almost all of not all of my relatives died fighting to defend their city and freedom! So... I would love to find it!!!

Hello, my name is Gnorman and I have a severe case of megalophobia.

Because I am afraid of large buildings and extreme heights, I would ask that you please put me (gently) into caches located far away from big cities. I would prefer towns, villages, or burgs under 5,000 people. Also, because most of you are grown up and very tall, I would ask if possible, to have a child open the cache and take me out so as not to startle me. I like children as they are closer to my height and not as frightening as grownups. I can then explain to them how important it is to respect the location of the cache and to take good care of me until they can place me somewhere down the line. It would be our little secret. Be sure to remember that if a child takes me out of a cache, they must be the one to put me in another so I may say "farewell" until we meet again.

Thank you...

Edited by pamlicojack

Hello, my name is Gnorman and I have a severe case of megalophobia.

Because I am afraid of large buildings and extreme heights, I would ask that you please put me (gently) into caches located far away from big cities. I would prefer towns, villages, or burgs under 5,000 people. Also, because most of you are grown up and very tall, I would ask if possible, to have a child open the cache and take me out so as not to startle me. I like children as they are closer to my height and not as frightening as grownups. I can then explain to them how important it is to respect the location of the cache and to take good care of me until they can place me somewhere down the line. It would be our little secret. Be sure to remember that if a child takes me out of a cache, they must be the one to put me in another so I may say "farewell" until we meet again.

Thank you...

;):anibad: This name brought a book for kids I used to have as a child... I still have it!

It's name was Norman the Doorman! :blink: It was about a mouse in an art museum who was a guard, doorman and a guide there! When the lights were off, he was opening the tiny door so other mice can visit the museum! He was guiding them to see the exibits! :D

One day he saw that there was a competition for the best art and he desided to participate (as a hobby he was making things with wire from the mouse traps), by making a mouse that is hunging likean acrobat in a circus.... and it was made from a mouse trap too! :D He put his name on the trap base and he placed it with the other during night!

He came first but nobody knew who Norman was! The night guard of the museum told them that a mouse was living in the museum and he liked art... that he was trying to cought him and this was one of his mouse traps... and showed them Norman's hole house... :D They told him to come out and gave him the first price! His mouse trap was in the best place in the museum and there was Norman's photo as a talented maker too! they also gave him permission to guide even during day! :laughing: It was such a nice story....

Anyway....

I hope this is ok and I have your permission my friend! :)

Name: Norman the Gnomeman

Mission! I love art! Please take me to many places so I can see beautiful things, statues, buildings, places....

Do not forget... art is everywhere.... even in the smallest things.... A beautiful flower... a beautiful scene... a beautiful field or forest, a prety animal, an insect, a bird who is singing, the sky,, the sea, a clowd, the sun.. even a shadow... this is art made from Mother Nature and God!

Beauty is everywhere around us but sometimes.. we do not know how we can look for it!

As a dwarf... I can see smaller things closer... so.. I know that no matter the size.... beauty is beauty!!! :)

Great cointest you have here.

In contrast to the coin's wide-eyed optimism...

Name: Grumblebeard

Mission: Get your dirty hands off of me! We gnomes aren't the cute and cuddly little creatures you humans think we are, so don't even THINK about taking some cutesy photo of me near things like kittens or flowers. I'm in this business for one thing and one thing only- treasure! So put me in a cache with plenty of treasure to guard and MAYBE I'll forgive you for smudging me with your grimey fingerprints.

Great cointest you have here.

In contrast to the coin's wide-eyed optimism...

Name: Grumblebeard

Mission: Get your dirty hands off of me! We gnomes aren't the cute and cuddly little creatures you humans think we are, so don't even THINK about taking some cutesy photo of me near things like kittens or flowers. I'm in this business for one thing and one thing only- treasure! So put me in a cache with plenty of treasure to guard and MAYBE I'll forgive you for smudging me with your grimey fingerprints.

now this gnome has some charisma and attitude! i like that! :laughing:

Name: Mr UpDown

Mission: Im a bit confused is up down, or down up ??

Please take me and show me which is up and which is down, be it under water, in a tower, or on a montain top.

The one place i would like to travel most is the place im named after, its a tiny village in the UK that is so small there are only 4 houses and a reservoir, This place is so special to me that i have had my very own Holiday Home created there: **GC25BEG - Mr UpDowns Holiday Home

(**Please note that this cache is unpublished and will activated when Mr UpDown is realised on his travels)

Name: Goliath Davidgnome (my friends call me Shorty!)

Mission! To go and see strange places... places with unique things to see... places that you find them strange and beautiful!

About this item:

Hello to all! My name is Goliath Davidgnome, but my friends call me Shorty!

Ok.. ok... do not laugh! I know... A gnome with the name Goliath??? goliath the dwarf?? Well.. I know that it is very strange, but they called me that because I was the tallest in the family!! Of course my friends call me shorty, but they are teasing me!!! As you can see... there are many strange things.. my name... my nickname... even that I am tall for a dwarf... (Ok.. compare to you..I am still a dwarf but..I was born for big things in my life!!!). Oh! I also love adventure!!! So... Since I like strange things and adventure.. I just wanted to travel and see the beauties of Earth! hmm.. mybe I will find my future wife in my travels!!! Here all the girls are short!!! :) I hope for your help!!! :lol:

allow me to introduce: Gnoble Gnelson

Gnoble Gnelson believes all creatures, large or small, including humans and gnomes, are endowed with certain unalienable Rights, and that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. So in this pursuit, Gnoble would like to see an original copy of The Declaration of Independence on display at the National Archives in Washington, D.C. Then visit the Abraham Lincoln Memorial where Martin Luther King once stood and spoke the words: "I have a dream...let freedom ring...Free at last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!" Before Gnoble is "set free" and given his independence, he would like to visit South Africa, the home of Nelson Mandela, a Nobel Peace Prize winner, who served 27 years in prison in his struggle to bring equal rights to all the people of his country and throughout the world. Gnoble Gnelson also has a dream...one day to be awarded the "Gnome Gnobel Peace Prize" for promoting peace and harmony through his many adventures and travels.

Edited by Odyssey Voyager
Name: Goliath Davidgnome (my friends call me Shorty!)

Mission! To go and see strange places... places with unique things to see... places that you find them strange and beautiful!

About this item:

Hello to all! My name is Goliath Davidgnome, but my friends call me Shorty!

Ha ha, lol GATOULIS you made a funny! :)

If there is still time for this mission:

name: Gnomer Slimpson

mission: Gnomer Slimpson would like to visit as many towns that are named Springfield. I would like to come to a Springfield near you, and have my photo taken at your local donut shop, school, and bar. Give me the tour of your Springfield and then send me on my way to the next!

name: Glimmel McShine

Mission: Take me from cache to cache, and before you place me in a cache, take a picture of me looking into the sunset. I love the sun, and don't get to see it as much as I would like to, because I have to live in the shadows. but it is time for me to break out and be free. So let me see a sunset, and then place me in a cache, so I can be picked up by another cacher, and see another sunset.

name:Seewinkle Fizzlebottom

mission: I love dogs. especially geocaching dogs. But any dog will do. Send me around the world, and try to take my photo with as many different species of dogs that you can. Like Gnomes, there are many many different types of dogs, but in the end, they are all still dogs. I would like to go on an adventure and see just how many different types of dogs I can see, and have my picture with.

name: Lumnock Stumperfoot

mission: I would love to see the world, and see my fellow gnomes that live in your garden, or a nearby garden. Pick me up, and move me from cache to cache, but before you do, try to get a photo of me hanging out with my fellow "giant" gnomes in a garden, and post the picture with your log of the coin.

Name: Sir Veggie Magrow

mission: I love veggies!! and I love visiting vegetable gardens. set me in your veggies, and take my photo. My favorite veggies are tomatoes and eggplants. If you grown any of them take my picture with your crop. Ill take any vegetable photos though. Remember kids, eat your veggies!!!