CityNav + Topo on same SD card?

I own a Garmin preprogramed SD card for City Navigator as well as TOPO 2008 and 24K National Parks

I own a 60csx and a 705

I usually run the City Nav in the 60csx and TOPO in the 705(it still has decent street maps and POIs) but I would like to see about putting parts of both City Nav and TOPO on the same SD card for the 60csx...I dont need the whole US on the card, really only near by states and random states I travel to...

SO here it is and I dont think I can do it BUT it at all possible to so this or I need the City Nav on DVD to pick the maps I want and also be able to use TOPO.

Hope this made sense.

Thanks

The preprogramed SD card you can do nothing with. If you had City Navigator on DVD you could do it other than you need an unlock for each GPS. You can have as many different kinds of maps you want in MapSource and then send to your GPS together. You then enable the map you want to view on the GPS. There are 2 limiting factors, map data size and maximum map segments that your GPS can handle. The 60C(S)x used to be 2GB and 2000 map segments but that may have changed on recent firmware. I don’t use my 60CSx anymore so I haven’t kept up with it. I know even less about the Edge 705.

The preprogramed SD card you can do nothing with. If you had City Navigator on DVD you could do it other than you need an unlock for each GPS. You can have as many different kinds of maps you want in MapSource and then send to your GPS together. You then enable the map you want to view on the GPS. There are 2 limiting factors, map data size and maximum map segments that your GPS can handle. The 60C(S)x used to be 2GB and 2000 map segments but that may have changed on recent firmware. I don’t use my 60CSx anymore so I haven’t kept up with it. I know even less about the Edge 705.

It can handle a 4gb card, but is still limited to 2000 map segments. There is a way around the segment limit, but it does take a bit of work.