New World Order

mysterycoins

I'm new to this, so this would be a fantastic way to begin a collection :D

Could anyone please tell me what is meant by the 'google list'?

Hi Monkeymox, if you go to post #90 in this thread there's a link for the forum user address book thread, it's by invitation only so you'll need to post over there.

I have a likely candidate in mind. Question: Do I send it anonymously or should I tell them who I am. They will be told why, of course. :)

CF30

Well - the cats out of the bag! In my mailbox yesterday was a totally 'out of the blue' surprise...

b61771e4-edaf-41f9-8222-851c53b61052.jpg

Thank you so much Sarah!!! It is very much appreciated! (I have a huge smile on my face!)

Wow it is a big and beautiful geocoin!!! And heavy too!

Thanks again Sarah! :D

Edited by keewee

I have a likely candidate in mind. Question: Do I send it anonymously or should I tell them who I am. They will be told why, of course. :)

CF30

Well - the cats out of the bag! In my mailbox yesterday was a totally 'out of the blue' surprise...

b61771e4-edaf-41f9-8222-851c53b61052.jpg

Thank you so much Sarah!!! It is very much appreciated! (I have a huge smile on my face!)

Wow it is a big and beautiful geocoin!!! And heavy too!

Thanks again Sarah! :D

This should keep your mind off of that Mickey Diver. Congrats.

I asked this question once before, but I never received a response.

What does "New World Order" refer to? Does this have something to do with the US or the fiat money system? Is the new world order seen as a good thing or a bad thing? Seriously, I have no idea what this coin is about except that it seems to incorporate some US symbols and perhaps some dollar symbols. Actually, I believe that the all seeing eye is a Masonic symbol, but I doubt that this is a Mason coin.

So what does the other side look like?

The other side is shown in post 141.

I couldn't remember the details of the "all seeing eye" so here is what Wikipedia has to say:

The Eye of Providence (or the all-seeing eye of God) is a symbol showing an eye often surrounded by rays of light or a glory and usually enclosed by a triangle. It is sometimes interpreted as representing the eye of God watching over humankind (or divine providence).[1][2][3]

In the modern era, the most notable depiction of the eye is the reverse of the Great Seal of the United States, which appears on the United States one-dollar bill.

In 1782, the Eye of Providence was adopted as part of the symbolism on the reverse side of the Great Seal of the United States. It was first suggested as an element of the Great Seal by the first of three design committees in 1776 and is thought to be the suggestion of the artistic consultant, Pierre Eugene du Simitiere.[4]

On the seal, the Eye is surrounded by the words Annuit Cœptis, meaning "He approves (or has approved) [our] undertakings", and Novus Ordo Seclorum, meaning "New Order of the Ages". The Eye is positioned above an unfinished pyramid with thirteen steps, representing the original thirteen states and the future growth of the country. The lowest level of the pyramid shows the year 1776 in Roman numerals. The combined implication is that the Eye, or God, favors the prosperity of the United States.

Perhaps due to its use in the design of the Great Seal, the Eye has made its way into other American seals and logos, notably the Seal of Colorado and DARPA's Information Awareness Office.

Today, the Eye of Providence is usually associated with Freemasonry. The Eye first appeared as part of the standard iconography of the Freemasons in 1797, with the publication of Thomas Smith Webb's Freemasons Monitor.[5] Here, it represents the all-seeing eye of God and is a reminder that a Mason's thoughts and deeds are always observed by God (who is referred to in Masonry as the Great Architect of the Universe). Typically, the Masonic Eye of Providence has a semi-circular glory below the eye. Sometimes the Eye is enclosed by a triangle.

Popular among conspiracy theorists is the claim that the Eye of Providence shown atop an unfinished pyramid on the Great Seal of the United States indicates the influence of Freemasonry in the founding of the United States. This was dramatized in the 2004 Disney film National Treasure. However, common Masonic use of the Eye dates to 14 years after the creation of the Great Seal. Furthermore, among the members of the various design committees for the Great Seal, only Benjamin Franklin was a Mason (and his ideas for the seal were not adopted). Indeed, many Masonic organizations have explicitly denied any connection to the creation of the Seal.[6][7]

The New World Order is more of a conspiracy kind of a thing. The first paragraph on wikapedia covers the idea pretty well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_World_Order_(conspiracy_theory)

Thanks for clearing that up. Your explanation makes sense now that I read the Wikipedia article and I thought that "new world order" has a somewhat sinister sound. The great seal may have made sense when it was invented in the late 1700s, but people today think that it looks too creepy. In the late 18th century, most people thought that anything Egyptian was just too cool.

i have an idea. since i don't have the special new world order coin yet that was coming to me, i would rather it sold and the proceeds donated to the feeding america charity. according to their web site 1 in 6 americans struggles with hunger. we donate monies to large disasters, but the local ones often go unnoticed. maybe another auction on ebay to benefit fighting hunger.

Feeding america

just a thought.

Edited by RedShoesGirl

i have an idea. since i don't have the special new world order coin yet that was coming to me, i would rather it sold and the proceeds donated to the feeding america charity. according to their web site 1 in 6 americans struggles with hunger. we donate monies to large disasters, but the local ones often go unnoticed. maybe another auction on ebay to benefit fighting hunger.

Feeding america

just a thought.

well gosh, that idea went over like a lead balloon. :(

Feeding america

just a thought.

A very generous offer RSG, go for it...we will be watching for it!

Feeding america

just a thought.

A very generous offer RSG, go for it...we will be watching for it!

i haven't actually received it yet, i was hoping the mystery sender would put it up for auction as he has done so many others and donate the funds to the charity. or he could go ahead and send it to me and i'll auction it off for feed america.

Okay, let me re-word that question.....What is the google contact list? I dont recall entering my address anywhere. Thanks in advance for any help.

Its a list of contact information for those who trade, buy, sell and give Geocoins. If your on the list there is a chance you could receive a mystery coin. You may see around the forums where people receive a package from themselves to themselves. That comes from a mystery person who has sent them a Geocoin or other coin. They are not always trackable Geocoins. Check the Geocoin Discussion section and you'll find the thread about it.

AWESOME COIN. I have said that before, but I actually got to see one in person today. I went to an event all about discovering trackables and the one coin that I discovered was this one. (TB3K5VM) I didn't know it was so big. Thank you mystery giver for making my day.

Now where is that Hearts Desire thread?

what a wonderful coin and an amazingly generous thing to do for the geocaching community. i would love to see the face of this coin and pass it on to a cacher who has spent almost 20 years in the army, serving all around the world.

gotta say "WOW!"

rsg

This is the coin that I got to see today. Mac is a great guy.