Free membership

Wazat

Wonder if anyone else has noticed this. I only saw it now so you are never too long in the game to find out new things.

If you have a Garmin GPS, connect it up and hit this link. I just got another 30 days added to my membership.

It is for when you register a new Garmin GPS on Geocaching.com, I just registerd my Nuvi that I bought over a year ago. Wonder if I can register it with my eTrex too? mmm theoretically it should....

So all the unregistered users... here is your chance at been a premium member.... enjoy.

By the way this genuine, I have an extra month added.... :)

Edited by Wazat

Thanks Wazat, for sharing this, I got my 30day extension :)

A note to those using older devices like eTrex and or who already have an older version of the Garmin Communicator plugin installed. You will need to install the latest version. The first time I tried, it recognised my eTrex, but not the serial number. I could only activate the 30 day extension after I registered my eTrex on Gamin using the latest plugin.

Edited by MnCo

i followed the links - registered my new device, but no extension? Seems no link to Geocaching.

You have to click the "Activate your 30 day trial" button on the GC page, after registration.

You may also need the latest Garmin Communicator plugin. It didn't work for me the first time either, until I registered my product with the new plugin installed. I suspect it leaves some sort of "I've been registered" marker in the device which the GC script then reads for verification.

Just bumping this thread, I am sure we have a lot of cachers out there that are not aware of this... So far I have had 4 months of free membership for each of my 4 Garmin units I have had over the years...

Thanks Wayne, just got an extra month, now to register my other devices B)

PT

Just bumping this thread, I am sure we have a lot of cachers out there that are not aware of this... So far I have had 4 months of free membership for each of my 4 Garmin units I have had over the years...

Thanks Wayne, just got an extra month, now to register my other devices B)

PT

Yep, 4 months added, registered my 276C, GPS V, and GPS 76 as well as the Oregon 550. :D :D :D

Edited by TechnoNut