Travel bug question

festerqdavis

I've been geocaching for about 1 year and decided to get a few travel bugs. I put four in motion in February, and three of the four disappeared in their first cache. All four were new designs. Is it common for something like that to happen?

How do you know that the person who retrieved your TBs just hasn't had the chance to log them yet? One person logged a visit to the Diaz Travel Bug Inn the day after you dropped your TBs there. Maybe they picked up yours and they haven't been at a computer or had the time to log them.

Be patient. Hopefully your TBs are in good hands and aren't (yet) truly missing.

I am curious why you chose to buy Travel Tags instead of Travel Bugs?? They both seem to be the same, cost wise, and I note you attached them to a hitchhiker. I am wondering if this would contribute to the "collectability" of them as opposed to a standard military issue looking Travel Bug.

I agree with steve p, I wouldn't give up hope on them for a few days!!!

I've been geocaching for about 1 year and decided to get a few travel bugs. I put four in motion in February, and three of the four disappeared in their first cache. All four were new designs. Is it common for something like that to happen?

How do you know that the person who retrieved your TBs just hasn't had the chance to log them yet? One person logged a visit to the Diaz Travel Bug Inn the day after you dropped your TBs there. Maybe they picked up yours and they haven't been at a computer or had the time to log them.

Be patient. Hopefully your TBs are in good hands and aren't (yet) truly missing.

Agreed. I'm just not familiar with how long it usually takes people. I try to log a trackable as soon as I get it. Do some people hold on to them for a period of time before logging them into the system?

It's only been a few (6) days! No worries yet. Sometimes people don't have time to log immediately, but they themselves know that the TB is safe in their hands, and perhaps don't see the urgency of logging them until they have time to write it up. They don't feel the owner's pain, because the little guy is safe with them. Give it some time, investigate now to see if you can find who picked it up, and if it isn't logged soon, send a very friendly email thanking them for moving it and you can't wait to see what wonderful place they have planned for it. That works a lot better than a "HEY YOU! Where's my danged bug!?" A whole lot better! Enjoy the vicarious travels. It's also not uncommon for a TB to come back after many moons of being out in the great unknown.

I just checked them, looks like 2 are picked up by the same person and the other 2 are still in the caches. Looks like at least 2 are on their way. I have 2 out one has not moved since I placed it in Dec. and the other one is in someones possession. They moved it and dipped it in a cache they didn't trust and are going to move it along again. Give them some time and maybe you'll get a real "mover". Good luck.