HamsterCaching

Zork V

Ummmm... What's HamsterCaching??

You're going to get a lot of replies. Don't believe any of them!

This is true.

Hamstercaching isn't real. It's just a joke.

:D

Please see post #16.

As well as post # 26.

And post #18

See post #45. :)

buzzkillers :ph34r:

You want to go beecaching? Now that would be weird. Start another thread if you want to go off on that tangent. Sheesh. :D Some people.

I wonder if feeding beer-fed hamsters to the Burmese Pythons might intoxicate them (the snakes, I know how it effects the hamsters - happy!)?

The darn pythons are really getting to be a nuisance across south FL, and a real drag on hamstercaches. They'll just eat the whole thing....container, log, hamsters, TBs.

This is true.

Please see post #16.

As well as post # 26.

And post #18

See post #45. :)

buzzkillers :D

Got your mellow harshed, huh?

:)

Oh, no! It's happening already. Maybe she shouldn't have been reading this thread. :D

2626051122_9c2d61ce98_o-2.jpg

Judging from the crumbs scattered around I would have to say I think this is a contact high, or too much beer, situation. :ph34r: I bet he can hear his hair growing in the morning! :):D And come on... could you at least turn him over?? His tattoo is showing! B)

:ph34r:

Oh, no! It's happening already. Maybe she shouldn't have been reading this thread. :)

Judging from the crumbs scattered around I would have to say I think this is a contact high, or too much beer, situation. B) I bet he can hear his hair growing in the morning! :):D And come on... could you at least turn him over?? His tattoo is showing! :D

I know, I know. How embarrassing. Poor little guy. :ph34r::D

Oh, no! It's happening already. Maybe she shouldn't have been reading this thread. :)

Judging from the crumbs scattered around I would have to say I think this is a contact high, or too much beer, situation. B) I bet he can hear his hair growing in the morning! :):D And come on... could you at least turn him over?? His tattoo is showing! :D

*ahem*

I think you people missed the obvious.

That's a girl hamster.

*ahem*

That's a girl hamster.

Hey, now. You can see that I clearly referred to her as a "she" in my first post. :D Her name was Bułeczka. (And no, she wasn't mine).

*ahem*

That's a girl hamster.

bittsen I can assure you I wouldn't know. I have never owned one, known anyone who owned one, and other than passing them in the pet store have never been close to one.

But I will take your word for it!! :rolleyes:

I've also never dated one.

OTOH... beer in hydration packs hmmmm big hydration packs... for cachers hmmm.

I've never been able to find a good source for dehydrated wine, to carry when I'm backpacking. Any suggestions?

Sorry, NO, any wine I'm exposed to is either the usual kind in bottles already to drink, or the type of whine from overly entitled wimpy people...

You might try the people mentioned in the Hiking and Backpacking forum... they have a thread regarding Backpacking Beer... not sure it's in production yet... perhaps those people have wine on the planning table as well... Now back to the hamsters... :rolleyes:

Doug

*ahem*

That's a girl hamster.

bittsen I can assure you I wouldn't know. I have never owned one, known anyone who owned one, and other than passing them in the pet store have never been close to one.

But I will take your word for it!! ;)

Well that's a relief. :rolleyes:

*ahem*

That's a girl hamster.

But I will take your word for it!! :D

Well that's a relief. ;)

You're tellin' me? :rolleyes:

Here in UK the weather is warming up and hamsters are become more active. We've just come back from returning our hermit hamster, Welsh Wishes, to his hamstercache on the banks of the Severn river. As you'll see from the pictures on the log he's in fine fettle and has survived nearly 18 months of being in a hamstercache.

hamster_ani.gif

I look forward to seeing further promotion of the "Happiness of Hamstercaching" over the coming months.

MrsB :rolleyes:

Hey, now. You can see that I clearly referred to her as a "she" in my first post. :) Her name was Bułeczka. (And no, she wasn't mine).

Is that Polish for "buzz kill?"

:D:(:(

:) I had tried to run it through a Polish/English translation but it didn't want to translate it. ;)

Hey, now. You can see that I clearly referred to her as a "she" in my first post. :D Her name was Bułeczka. (And no, she wasn't mine).

Actually that's Czech for "bulemic." The rare Slovakian Albino Hamster refuses to eat when kept in a confined space. This makes the breed ideally suited as a geocaching trade item.

In fact, I dropped one off last weekend in a letterbox hybrid cache. My log, of course, simply said "the Czech is in the mail."

Actually that's Czech for "bulemic." The rare Slovakian Albino Hamster refuses to eat when kept in a confined space. This makes the breed ideally suited as a geocaching trade item.

In fact, I dropped one off last weekend in a letterbox hybrid cache. My log, of course, simply said "the Czech is in the mail."

I'd report this post but feel it is unfair to subject a mod to that joke.

Hey, now. You can see that I clearly referred to her as a "she" in my first post. :( Her name was Bułeczka. (And no, she wasn't mine).

Report it to Keystone. He's made of stern stuff.

MrsB :D

Hey, now. You can see that I clearly referred to her as a "she" in my first post. :( Her name was Bułeczka. (And no, she wasn't mine).

MrsB :(

"Stern stuff"? :D Is that "stern" as in the opposite of "bow"?

This is true.

:(

Please see post #16.

As well as post # 26.

And post #18

See post #45. :(

And #21.

HIKE!

He fades back... It looks like a long pass... She's open and it's ...

See post 23, second picture.

Glad I read this topic. It clears some things up for me.

I thought they were supposed be for snacks while caching. They're pretty good actually, but the fur makes for a bit of coughing after, but less TP after that, so it's all evened out.

I guess I'll stop eating the hamsters and just hide them instead.

MrsB :D

See post #162

Hamster caching is so yesterday. Reticulated python caching is where it's at now. Ever try squeezing one of those into a ammo can? One suggestion, put the log book into the cache first.

I find that it is easier to put the log in a hamster first. Then you put the hamster in the snake before placing the whole works in an ammo can.

On a side note rumor has it that they are no longer allowing python caches in the everglades.