Coming to Greece

Hi all,

I am the fortunate receipient of a trip to Crete thanks to my company business.

I am heading to Crete on April 10th, will arrive on the 11th at 2:00pm. I have the 12th off to recover from jet lag. Of course the best way to recover is going to be to cache. I have a couple of cache suggestions but finding good food and interesting places to see is going to be a little harder and would like some company.

I will have evenings off and return to Athens on the morning of the 17th. I took some time off and will be in Athens until the morning of the 19th. Here is where I would really like a local to show me around. It is a very short time, I don't have a car reserved at this point and if a local would be willing to chauffer me around I would pay for gas and food during the day. This way I would also get a chance to only see the best caches and also some of the tourist stuff from a local viewpoint.

Any local cacher willing to give up part of their weekend to help me out?

I don't understand this, 71 views and not one response? Even if you are going to tell me you can't help me out I would like to see a response.

Dear webscouter,

you have to keep in mind that the Greek geocaching community consists of a small group of people.

This is why you don't get a reply so easy.

In the past I have joined some fellow geocachers who visited my city and showed around, but now I can't because now all my free time is dedicated to my 20 month old daughter.

I can suggest you to plan finding the majority of the caches that are around Athens.

When you land here,rent a small car and trust your GPS...it will lead you to the best places around Athens.

Enjoy the sun !

:D

YanniG

Hi all,

I am the fortunate receipient of a trip to Crete thanks to my company business.

I am heading to Crete on April 10th, will arrive on the 11th at 2:00pm. I have the 12th off to recover from jet lag. Of course the best way to recover is going to be to cache. I have a couple of cache suggestions but finding good food and interesting places to see is going to be a little harder and would like some company.

I will have evenings off and return to Athens on the morning of the 17th. I took some time off and will be in Athens until the morning of the 19th. Here is where I would really like a local to show me around. It is a very short time, I don't have a car reserved at this point and if a local would be willing to chauffer me around I would pay for gas and food during the day. This way I would also get a chance to only see the best caches and also some of the tourist stuff from a local viewpoint.

Any local cacher willing to give up part of their weekend to help me out?

Hello Jim!

I just saw that you posted here too! :D did you receive my email? I hope yes, and I hope you contacted with the geocacher in Crete! B) I already spoke with them! :lol: I hope you will get some help soon my friend! :P

Take care and I am wishing you to have a great time in Crete! :lol:

Nikos aka GATOULIS, from Rhodes Greece! :lol:

Edited to say.... WOW! 71 views?? I wish we were that many my friend! Unfortunatelly we are not! I hope that we were about 30 in whole Greece, but I think that there are not more than 10 active geocachers here!

Edited by GATOULIS