Can't search!

Stucuk & TT

Folks,

Not sure what has happened but I can not search on the website. Been using it for a year or more and I carry searches out in the usual fashion, i.e. 'Hide and Seek a Cache' and then entering either 'by Address' or 'by Postal Code' or by Latitude and Longitude and I get the same message 'Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.asp...yy&dist=100. Operation aborted" (xxx and yyy do contain a latitude and longtitude), hit the OK button and get 'Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage'. Any help gratefull accepted?!!

Regards, Stu ...

Folks,

Not sure what has happened but I can not search on the website. Been using it for a year or more and I carry searches out in the usual fashion, i.e. 'Hide and Seek a Cache' and then entering either 'by Address' or 'by Postal Code' or by Latitude and Longitude and I get the same message 'Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.asp...yy&dist=100. Operation aborted" (xxx and yyy do contain a latitude and longtitude), hit the OK button and get 'Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage'. Any help gratefull accepted?!!

Regards, Stu ...

What version of IE are you using?

After you download Firefox either it or Internet Explorer want to be the default browser. How do some of you use both on the same computer, keep switching the default back and forth or is there another way?

start -> programs -> internet explorer

start -> programs -> firefox

only one can be (and needs to be) default, but you can always start either of them and then use it for browsing.

I know how to open IE or FF but how do you open other programs, such as this site, under Firefox and some other site under Internet Explorer without changing the default each time?

um, the same way? you open the browser you want to use, and then enter "www.geocaching.com" into the address bar, or use your bookmarks/favorites.

"this site" isn't a "program", it's just a website, and you view it with a browser.

Edited by dfx

I know how to open IE or FF but how do you open other programs, such as this site, under Firefox and some other site under Internet Explorer without changing the default each time?

having one browser set to default means that when you click on a link it will open the web page in that browser that is set as default

has nothing to do with which can be open at one time...you can use 10 browsers at the same time if you want to