Garmin Oregon 450 Micro SD Card

Hi,

Could someone please tell me what's the largest capacity SD card an Oregon 450 will take?

Thanks!

I've heard of people using 8 gig cards in the Oregon 550 so it's worth a try, but not sure it's necessary. It's not like you're going to load media files like podcasts or music, etc... And the 450 doesn't have a camera, so maybe a 4 Gig is all you really need.

Hi,

Could someone please tell me what's the largest capacity SD card an Oregon 450 will take?

Thanks!

I've heard of people using 8 gig cards in the Oregon 550 so it's worth a try, but not sure it's necessary. It's not like you're going to load media files like podcasts or music, etc... And the 450 doesn't have a camera, so maybe a 4 Gig is all you really need.

I currently use an 8GB card in my Oregon 400t (an older model) so I can't see why the 450 wouldn't use one. I do remember that there are some issues with certain cards. I just pulled my card to verify and it is a Kingston 8GB Class 4 micro SDHC card.

I can verify that the Oregon 450 works great with a Sandisk SDHC 8Gb memory card. I contacted Garmin before purchasing mine and they verified that it would work.

I don't really see why it shouldn't work with even larger cards for example 16Gb since it seems to support all SDHC cards.

But then you have to ask yourself... how much map do you really need =)

Wrong answer, the oregon/dakota series accepts renamed maps, this is better anyway.

Upload a map from Mapsource to the SD, rename this gmapsupp.img to yourownname.img, do so with all the maps you want on your gps (SD).

Once you have an update from any map you only have to renew that map and not all the others with it.

Wrong answer, the oregon/dakota series accepts renamed maps, this is better anyway.

Upload a map from Mapsource to the SD, rename this gmapsupp.img to yourownname.img, do so with all the maps you want on your gps (SD).

Once you have an update from any map you only have to renew that map and not all the others with it.

I know this is old but I just purchesed an Oregon 450 off E-bay and just installed a 32GB Sandisk Ultra class 10 uh1 card and no problems yet, I hope to load all Topo24k and NT Street maps if possible. see how she runs. I have the firmware updated to vers 6.

I did the same but with an 8 GB card instead. It did not recognize it for some reason even though I formatted it in FAT32. Help? it is a Centon 8GB Micro SDHC. I tried plugging in the sd card itself into my computer instead of plugging it in through the garmin and putting my maps and such in there, but that didn't work.