Pathtags

Krux151

We've found 7 of them over the past year. They are pretty cool I think and a nice sight when you worked hard to score a smiley. We are looking at getting some ourselves soon. They are kind of pricey so we defintely won't be leaving them in every cache.

Edited by Firefly911

Does anyone use pathtags i want to buy some but i barely find any(only one).

Either have to find them in caches, get them the owners, or go to the PT site and make one (then apperently been a bunch of trade offers. never done one myself but thats my understanding anyways).

There are also at least a couple of "pathtag of the month" clubs. I've bought from one of them before. I'm not sure if posting here would constitute advertising, even though it is not related to me in any way, so I won't do it. Either google for it or PM me.

Tags are also available for sale on eBay, but they're almost always overpriced.

What do you want to buy them for? Your collection, or to drop in caches?

I use them as my signature item. Had a special one made up in 07 for a roadtrip to Yellowstone. Even put some of both in some StarBrand caches. It is my experience though that most trade back and forth either throught the pathtag forums or at events. Still, once in awhile you'll find one out in the wilds. Which reminds me I need to order some more I am about out.

edit to add. See you are from Akron, I usually drive through on the way to Girard each Christmas, keep an eye out and you may snatch one of mine out of a local cache.

Edited by SgtSue

I found one, logged on the "other site" and reported where I saw it. I didn't take it with me to another cache. I was told later after mentioning it on here , that they really aren't like a trackable, but more like a registered signature item. I was told I could have kept it if I wanted. I do not know if this is true.

If so, I think they would confuse newbies about keeping such items as Geocoins, even though the Geocoins all say "trackable".

Seems they are a hot trade item for collectors.

I found one, logged on the "other site" and reported where I saw it. I didn't take it with me to another cache. I was told later after mentioning it on here , that they really aren't like a trackable, but more like a registered signature item. I was told I could have kept it if I wanted. I do not know if this is true.

If so, I think they would confuse newbies about keeping such items as Geocoins, even though the Geocoins all say "trackable".

Thats exactly what happened to me! I have one now, and I don't know what to do with it!

I'll sell it, but I don't know the costs of it... I'll see how much and post back to you on this...

Thats exactly what happened to me! I have one now, and I don't know what to do with it!

I'll sell it, but I don't know the costs of it... I'll see how much and post back to you on this...

If you don't want it, put it in another cache or give to a local cacher who does collect them. Just the other day I gave one to a muggle friend as it was from and celebrated their hometown in Canada. They are not that expensive, which is why some of us use them as a signature item, so you won't get much for them. Regifting is one thing, selling a gift is another.

I have one now, and I don't know what to do with it!

You can place it into another cache. No special logging necessary. Or you can trade it for a different one in a cache, or trade directly for someone's signature tag when you meet them. Or start your collection.

Pathtags are designed to move, just like other trackables, so you can treat any "traveler" item that way. But unlike Geocoins or Travel Bugs, you can keep a Pathtag. It's confusing, since in rare instances, you could keep a Geocoin (much less common for a Travel Bug, which would be a very unique situation, and you'd definitely be informed first).

I kept one Pathtag, which was handed to me at an event. Any others that I find, I place into deserving caches, or leave them where I find them. Most of the time, I don't bother going to the separate page to "log" a Pathtag. But I should.

Edited by kunarion

I bought one from Ebay for £4.16 (inc postage) because I thought when it said 'trackable' that it was like a tiny geocoin, and I could activate it. I was a little miffed when I went to the pathtags website and found that it wasn't mine to activate, all I could do was keep it or pass it on.

I dropped it into my cache and a local collector picked it out. I'm happy with that, but I won't be buying anymore. Maybe one day we'll mint our own.

My son(8years) came across one of these in his 3rd cache and now has decided he wants to collect them. So now the family has a new hobby and he is trying to collect these tags. I don't know how popular they are here in Canada but we now have 3 or 4 found in 26 caches. Not to bad but looking at the website for them he will have a lot of hunting a head of him, lol.