Garmin GPSMAP 60CS

Hello all,

Recently I picked up a Garmin GPSmap 60CS in hopes that it would help me enjoy caching a bit more, its a nice unit and works fine, but I'm kind of dissaponted with it, it doesn't seem as fast as my old E-trex Legend....I'm not sure whether or not I have some settings wrong on it or what, it just seems like whenever I so much as make a couple of sudden moves while using it, it jumps around all over the place and takes forever for the thing to get caught up, I can be standing there looking straight at the cache site and it tells me its behind me!....lol...sheesh...very annoying

Is there anything I can do to speed this thing up?...like optimize settings and such or delete some of the applications on it that I CLEARLY dont need? Can someone guide me in terms of the settings for the very best performance for geocaching only?...I dont use it for anything else, just caching

Thanks in advance

Set if for WGS84 datum and decimal minutes as the coordinate format. It is fairly normal for any unit to act a bit weird and shift the reading around when you are in close.

.....and read this tidbit:

The general accuracy of most handheld GPS devices is around 15 to 25 feet. Remember though you have might have to add your potential error to any error the cache owner had when placing the cache. That means you could easily find yourself looking for a cache up to 50 feet from where your unit says ground zero is. Most of the time you will find them within 20 feet or less but do be prepared to widen your search. Put the GPS away when you are within 20 feet or so and start looking for likely hiding spots.

Back off and re-approach the area if necessary to verify you are looking in the right spot.

Set if for WGS84 datum and decimal minutes as the coordinate format. It is fairly normal for any unit to act a bit weird and shift the reading around when you are in close.

.....and read this tidbit:

The general accuracy of most handheld GPS devices is around 15 to 25 feet. Remember though you have might have to add your potential error to any error the cache owner had when placing the cache. That means you could easily find yourself looking for a cache up to 50 feet from where your unit says ground zero is. Most of the time you will find them within 20 feet or less but do be prepared to widen your search. Put the GPS away when you are within 20 feet or so and start looking for likely hiding spots.

Back off and re-approach the area if necessary to verify you are looking in the right spot.

Ok...I'm assuming that I would find that in the menu, settings, navigation?