Google Streetview just added another 200,000+ miles of roads

Streetview just added a whole load of UK imaging, so huge areas of the country are now covered, there must be a cacher 'caught in the act' on there somewhere.

Anyone spotted themselves yet?

I'm on it, but I'm working rather than caching :P

I'm not on, but my cachemobile TB is... Image isn't sharp enough to get the TB tracking number though!

J

This is ridiculous, have you never watch CSI, or NCIS, they can read anything anywhere :laughing:

Oddly enough I passed on in perfect photography weather, and about 20 yards of the mile long road look like it is from that period, but the main section of the road looks like they redid it :P So they missed me driving!

I'm not on, but my cachemobile TB is... Image isn't sharp enough to get the TB tracking number though!

J

This is ridiculous, have you never watch CSI, or NCIS, they can read anything anywhere :laughing:

If you watched the Gadget Show on Monday, you would have discovered that Hollywood has got it wrong (no suprise there) :laughing:

All I can say is it must be an old photo they are using, there is no TB symbol on my Jeep, which means it is over 18 months old (summer of 2008). :P

Spotted my cachemobile complete with it's geocaching stickers on the rear window in Fairford, Gloucestershire. You can't see us but in the car is me, Nine Elms Navigators and TurnerTribe, just parked up and about to set off on a mum's caching day. :)

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&sour...2,32.72,,1,14.4

Image was taken on 23 March 2009 just seconds before someone drove into the wingmirror of my brand new cachemobile and failed to stop - now that would have been a good image. ;)

Edited by Lydford Locators

Image was taken on 23 March 2009 just seconds before someone drove into the wingmirror of my brand new cachemobile and failed to stop - now that would have been a good image. ;)

It wasn't damaged by a little black car with a camera sticking out of the roof was it?

No it was one coming the other way, but if the camera car hadn't gone by I would have been quicker reversing back in against the kerb.

It wasn't damaged by a little black car with a camera sticking out of the roof was it?

No it was one coming the other way, but if the camera car hadn't gone by I would have been quicker reversing back in against the kerb.

Not the black Passat estate then>? :)

Not the black Passat estate then>? :)

She certainly looks like she's going too fast and heading for your car!

Does anyone know of online GB mapping which features footpaths? I've found an area near us we don't know with no caches and I want to explore further, but parking is sparse, and as far as I can tell, not near the footpaths.

Yes http://www.streetmap.co.uk zoom to the 1:25000 or 1:50000 level and you get the OS map with footpaths marked in green.

On topic, just had a zoom round home and can't see anyone I know. I'm sure we saw a Streetview car while we were on Holiday in Norfolk last year but can't remember where it was ;)

I thought I'd escaped, but no - they got me on my way back into the back door of the office.

This was taken quite a while after the pic at home (despite only being 6 miles away) I can tell by my hair colour!!!

48362d91-a466-473d-adc8-32dee60c1502.jpg

Wow, you've got loooooooooong arms.

Can you see the white van behind her? Caught nicking hubcaps eh Hazel?!?!?!

Edited by Nick & Ali

Just to add on the whole "blurring" issue: Street View is supposed to blurr out both faces and company logos. Faces is easy - privacy, but logos is because Google don't want to get hit for a TONNE of advertising bills from companies :anicute:

Weirdly, it works as a double-whammy when it comes to KFC - they blurr out Colonel Sanders' face B)

Oddly, they managed to get the symbol on my parents' car, but not my brother's Micra?

Just to add on the whole "blurring" issue: Street View is supposed to blurr out both faces and company logos. Faces is easy - privacy, but logos is because Google don't want to get hit for a TONNE of advertising bills from companies :D

Weirdly, it works as a double-whammy when it comes to KFC - they blurr out Colonel Sanders' face :D

Oddly, they managed to get the symbol on my parents' car, but not my brother's Micra?

I am the Colonel, and I claim my tonne of money! :)