Membership renewal has bankrupted me!

A couple of days ago, I renewed my premium membership with geocaching.com. I paid with my usual bank account, and as a result, it now says I'm in the red! Is there a way I can roll this back?

Man if $30 puts you in the red you have some bigger problems I would suggest Credit Counseling like yesterday.

Scubasonic

;)

Have you ever considered Multi-Tasking, while out caching, pick up cans to re-cycle, or what ever...........How many cans does it take to get $3.00? :)

I guess the question should be prefaced with - Does BC have a deposit or return programme on containers?

Considering what I've found laying around on roadsides, I'd collect lead from tire balancing weights, there's a lot of them about and they are worth money.

:)

Have you ever considered Multi-Tasking, while out caching, pick up cans to re-cycle, or what ever...........How many cans does it take to get $3.00? ;)

I collected my personal use of recycleable cans for just over a year and got $12 for my effort. It has become a habit so I still do it, but it doesn't pay well... ;)

;)

Have you ever considered Multi-Tasking, while out caching, pick up cans to re-cycle, or what ever...........How many cans does it take to get $3.00? :)

You can't buy a membership for three dollars.

Correct - you need to collect no more than $2.50 worth of cans each month for 12 consecutive months and then you are good to go........ ;)

;)

I guess the question should be prefaced with - Does BC have a deposit or return programme on containers?

Considering what I've found laying around on roadsides, I'd collect lead from tire balancing weights, there's a lot of them about and they are worth money.

Sure we do! Anywhere from $0.05 to $0.20 depending on what... pop to liquor. I collect as sort of a CITO project while caching... There may be more competition over there, however, or fewer drinkers.

On the other hand, I can usually find more on the ground in cash on any given day... from 1cent to 20 bucks.

Nice side line. As someone said elsewhere it's 8 cents a day or so... However, I am still saving... someday, I hope to. To many other bills and little time.

All sorts of other things to find out there as well... lead weights for sure, tools, I'm also up 3 cell phones, a digital camera or two, and few lost hikers over the years.

Doug

Edited by 7rxc
.....anybody notice that his listed occupation is paper route??
Yes, but GOF's profession is listed as "Carpenter and Phlebotomist", Snoogans is a "Hasidic Diamond Merchant", JHolly works as a "Proffesional layabout", Lil Devil is a "Vagabond Extraordinaire"... ad infinitum. However, in this case, I suspect its true.
Yes, but GOF's profession is listed as "Carpenter and Phlebotomist", Snoogans is a "Hasidic Diamond Merchant", JHolly works as a "Proffesional layabout", Lil Devil is a "Vagabond Extraordinaire"... ad infinitum. However, in this case, I suspect its true.

Are you trying to tell me that snoogans doesn't sell diamonds!!

;)

Are you trying to tell me that snoogans doesn't sell diamonds!!

;)

Uh-oh...

I bought some from him...

:)

;)

You can't buy a membership for three dollars.

Correct - you need to collect no more than $2.50 worth of cans each month for 12 consecutive months and then you are good to go........ ;)

The twelve months thing is what isn't helpful to the OP's current situation.

A couple of days ago, I renewed my premium membership with geocaching.com. I paid with my usual bank account, and as a result, it now says I'm in the red! Is there a way I can roll this back?

No problem.

Send me a PM with your banking details and PIN numbers and I'll sort it out pronto.

If I'm not available you can send your details to...

www.mynameisKWAME.com

So easy really.

But, but, I am a carpenter. And Bacall is a phlebotomist. I often introduce her as my blood sucking with. ;)

;)

If I remember right it s about 35 cans to get a pound so depending on the price per pound. Unless you live in one of those states where you get 5¢-10¢ a pound then you can get that much quicker. But in a year of Geocaching if you picked up all the aluminum you just might have enough to pay for a premium membership depending where you live.

I knew this guy would take a beating when I read his post. ;)

We recycle cans. When you do the math you get about 2 cents per can. That doesn't include gas to drive them there or bags that they might be in. I don't do it for the money! :)

Bullet casters would love to buy those lead wheel weights. Post an ad on craigslist if you need a buyer.

You could also go to places where people do a lot of target shooting and collect spent brass. That can add up pretty quick.

When I was a kid my siblings and I would collect brass. We never knew where it all went but later found out that my dad would take it to the scrap yard and get the cash for it. We would collect pounds of the stuff on a single camping trip.

BTW, scrap "clean" aluminum can go for as much as a dollar a pound depending on the market at the time. Beverage cans are "clean" aluminum.

You know, I set that as my occupation when my wife and I lived in our RV and did, in fact, travel all over the country for several years. Now that we've bought a ranch and I spend more time working on the property than I do geocaching, I should probably change that. Any suggestions for something really clever?

Don't worry. The Obama administration is proposing a new $1,000,000,000,000 stimulus package for needy geocachers. The bill will be passed on to your grandchildren, after you are dead, so it is not your problem to pay it back.

You know, I set that as my occupation when my wife and I lived in our RV and did, in fact, travel all over the country for several years. Now that we've bought a ranch and I spend more time working on the property than I do geocaching, I should probably change that. Any suggestions for something really clever?

Hmmm... let's see... how about taking a tip from JHolly, and calling yourself a "Proffesional Spell Checker"?

BC, Canada - 5c pop can, (10c for liquor can, liquor stores only or the 5c applies), 10c for 1 litre plastic bottle, 20c for 2 litre. Glass wobbly pop bottles - again liquor stores pay more than bottle depots, but not sure the amount. We save gas and do all the recycling at the bottle depot. Doesn't pay much though, does it?

No tax if you win the lottery here! I wish I had some better ideas for the OP.

You could also go to places where people do a lot of target shooting and collect spent brass. That can add up pretty quick.

Well if you aren't going to reload them... :anicute: (My daughter loves to make them [inert] to put into caches!)

You could also sell them to guys that do reload their own ammo. You would get more money. These days though someone will be right their to pick up the brass. Some ranges don't allow you to pick up someone else's brass. They want it all for themselves!

Oh, goodness, I hadn't noticed that. :anicute: I guess I'm losing my stalker skills. Better work on that. B)B)B)

Well I'm just spoofing on GC.com. On LinkedIn I list my profession, retired pig farmer. It was either that or telephone sanitizer. :anicute:

Edited by jholly

Oh, goodness, I hadn't noticed that. :) I guess I'm losing my stalker skills. Better work on that. :D:ph34r::D

Just what I might expect from an entropy researcher!
Just curious if the OP got his refund yet?? Never heard any more about it on the thread.
He's still showing up as a PM. So, who's gonna 'fess up to paying for his membership? Who thought about it?

(I really wanna know, 'cause I think the answer might save me $30 next month)

BC, Canada - 5c pop can, (10c for liquor can, liquor stores only or the 5c applies), 10c for 1 litre plastic bottle, 20c for 2 litre. Glass wobbly pop bottles - again liquor stores pay more than bottle depots, but not sure the amount. We save gas and do all the recycling at the bottle depot. Doesn't pay much though, does it?

No tax if you win the lottery here! I wish I had some better ideas for the OP.

In Ontario Canada. No deposit on pop (soda) cans. Buy them here and return them to the States for 5c a can. Beer bottles in New York 5c per bottle, return them in Ontario for 10c per bottle.

Just curious if the OP got his refund yet?? Never heard any more about it on the thread.
He's still showing up as a PM. So, who's gonna 'fess up to paying for his membership? Who thought about it?

(I really wanna know, 'cause I think the answer might save me $30 next month)

Already sent an email to Groundspeak. Got a response from Sara, and she is working on it. :)

Should add... someone might have already done it, but I put my name on the list.

Edited by NeecesandNephews