TV show featuring geocaching

kc9fmy

Watched the series, The Forgotten, on ABC TV last night. The series is normally about some voluteers finding what happened to people of unsolved cases. Last night started out with the police using a robot to determine the contents of an ammo can. A small skeleton with jacket was found along with some small miscellaneous items. The voluntters were called into action to find out who the bones belonged to and what the other items were. During the investigation, they stumbled across a goup of geocachers that used the can for placing trinkets and playing the game globalcaching. Sereral other clues were found on a website resulting in the finding of several other bodies and the perp. Interesting. I believe one of the CSIs had an episode involving some aspect of geocaching.

Watched the series, The Forgotten, on ABC TV last night. The series is normally about some voluteers finding what happened to people of unsolved cases. Last night started out with the police using a robot to determine the contents of an ammo can. A small skeleton with jacket was found along with some small miscellaneous items. The voluntters were called into action to find out who the bones belonged to and what the other items were. During the investigation, they stumbled across a goup of geocachers that used the can for placing trinkets and playing the game globalcaching. Sereral other clues were found on a website resulting in the finding of several other bodies and the perp. Interesting. I believe one of the CSIs had an episode involving some aspect of geocaching.

I'm going to have to check Jeremy's tweet and blog post. There are actually two (different) CSI's that had episodes involving Geocaching. The 2nd one of which (NY, I'm pretty sure) portrayed us as uber geeks to the nth degree. :anicute:

I saw it on Law & Order: SVU

great show

There was also an episode of Law and Order: Criminal Intent a while back..

I'm watching this episode right now, is it a real cache or made for the show?

I would assume that it was made for the show.. They did take some artistic license, since IIRC it is shown as a completely buried cache.