Would you like to design the 2010 BCGA coin?

911turbos

We hope so as we’re opening up the design to everyone who wants to give it a try.

Design a coin, front and back, and let your imagination run wild. Make it round or make it any shape you want. Just make it unique! If you would like to see previous versions of the BCGA geocoin, click here.

Please include all pertinent information about the coin you’ve designed. We need to know what size it is, what metals are used, is it 3D or 2D, enamel colors, any special attributes, etc. Please include Pantone chart numbers for enamels, glitters and glow in the dark. If you need help you can find a Pantone color chart here.

The coin designs don't have to be camera ready art. If you can get your concept down on paper, please send that to us. We're not looking for artistic perfection. We're looking for fresh ideas. We will give all submissions the same respect and consideration. In addition we reserve the right to refine any design (but with full disclosure to the designer prior to changes), use different metals, enamel colors or special enamels such as glitter, glow in the dark, etc.

Please do not post your design on the forums.

Here are the basic guidelines you need to follow for your submissions.

Submit your designs to: 911turbos @ bcgeocaching.com

Subject Line: 2010 BCGA Coin Design

Please include, on your submissions:

-Your caching name if you have one

-Your real name (first and last)

-Your email

-Designs need to be in jpg or gif format.

-Images should be no larger than 500kb (that’s front image 500kb, back image 500kb).

-Designs must be submitted by March 31, 2010.

-Trackable at Geocaching.com or Track at Geocaching.com must appear on the coin.

-There does need to be a space available to etch tracking numbers so please incorporate that into your design.

-Submit as many designs as you like.

-At least one side should be BCGA related ie. incorporating our logo and the letters BCGA.

-Designs must not infringe on any copyrights or trademarks.

The winning submission will become property of the BCGA, no matter which coin manufacturer is used. The BCGA directors will be selecting the final design. There will be one design picked to become the BCGA coin, although we may or may not use any of the designs submitted.

Design winner will receive 15 limited/artist edition coins for their efforts.

All non-winning designs submitted will be released back to the owner/designers the day the BCGA directors select a winning design.

This contest is open to everyone except BCGA Directors and their immediate families.

PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY IMAGERY ON THE FORUMS!!

i emailed you about this question already, but it might be helpful for others interested in submitting design ideas. my question is: what price range would you like for these geocoins? costs definitely determine certain aspects of the design process.

also: is BCGA getting tired of the "totem" themes?

From reading the BCGA forums I see that someone is planning a totem series much like the tiki stacker series. It's still a worthy theme for a BC coin though.

i emailed you about this question already, but it might be helpful for others interested in submitting design ideas. my question is: what price range would you like for these geocoins? costs definitely determine certain aspects of the design process.

also: is BCGA getting tired of the "totem" themes?

From reading the BCGA forums I see that someone is planning a totem series much like the tiki stacker series. It's still a worthy theme for a BC coin though.

I have been working on this concept with Landsharkz for 6 months now. Which reminds me, gotta go bug em about it! :P