Geocaching on The Forgotten

Merge!

So, I'm watching The Forgotten on ABC. It's about someone who leaves a child's bones in a geocache. They mention things related to geocaching (but they call it global caching). Some kid even mentioned "TFTC, thanks for the cache".

Check it out now!

So, I'm watching The Forgotten on ABC. It's about someone who leaves a child's bones in a geocache. They mention things related to geocaching (but they call it global caching). Some kid even mentioned "TFTC, thanks for the cache".

Check it out now!

I'll pass. Sounds like the reason I don't watch television anymore, the writing stinks. ;)

Check it out now!

The whole episode revolves around geocaching! My wife and I always said this would make for a great story on a mystery cop show of some sorts.

Someone must have heard us.

Check it out now!

Was just about to post this. Usually don't watch this but it started with an ammo box and a bomb disposal unit..and it just screamed CACHE!! Sad, but true.

Check it out now!

Yep, I'm watching the same episode "Donovan Doe".

Any idea why they would call it "global caching" instead of what it really is?

LOL. Travel Hopper!!!

Edited by LFITQ

Check it out now!

I'll pass. Sounds like the reason I don't watch television anymore, the writing stinks. ;)

True true. Sadly, the show pretty much stinks. It's just on after LOST, and I'm in a hotel.

I'm watching it too....only it is 10:14 here on the east side. I saw the ammo can, the items inside, and I told my wife....please not another geocache. Then the star comes up and said the items belonged to his daughter. GREAT!!! Then the commercial is over and they identify the box as a global cache. Now the "travel bug" is a cache hopper. Will this ever end?

WARedBear

in NC now

a google search for "global caching" brings geocaching.com to the front of the list... ;)

They showed a picture on the show, and called it "Globocache"

GLOBO. WTF is that?

Stupid.

And now its a puzzle cache. One of the writers must be a geocacher.

What's with all the people wearing animal suits at the convention??

I suppose they don't even have Yiffers done right. :)

Course, that would probably offend the people who write in to papers and complain Dagwood kissing Blondie at the door is too racy and got their heart all a-flutter and dander up. ;)

Tuning in a half-hour late, but so far... a puzzle cache leads to a cemetery cache.

Did I really hear an acronym, "LOTM"? Any guesses?

And Travelhopper... they are certainty trying to avoid any trademark violations, aren't they? Still, from what I've seen in the last few minutes, beats Law and Order's geocaching episode by a good margin.

Course, that would probably offend the people who write in to papers and complain Dagwood kissing Blondie at the door is too racy and got their heart all a-flutter and dander up. ;)

I had to google yiffer to find out what you were talking about. The fact that you know the word is a thing that makes me say, "hmmm"...

:mad:

I had to google yiffer to find out what you were talking about. The fact that you know the word is a thing that makes me say, "hmmm"...

:mad:

obviously you missed that entire CSI episode... :mad:

;)

obviously you missed that entire CSI episode... :)

Obviously :mad:

Edited by Merge!

;)

obviously you missed that entire CSI episode... :)

Obviously :mad:

That was the first CSI I ever saw, it was a long time before I watched another.

I just tuned in, anyone want to post a full recap??

Recap....

bomb squad finds ammo can in park

open it, and find pink jacket and the bones of small child

contents lead them to "globocaching"

solve soduku puzzle and crossword to lead to cacher

He places "platinum" multi cache

they follow clues to submersed cache and then to cemetery

They find identity of girl

They arrest him...... LOTM

I suppose they don't even have Yiffers done right. :wub:

:wub:

And now YOU know what it means! :):mad::mad:;)

Recap....

He places "platinum" multi cache

OMG... Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What have they done???

;):):mad:

So there in a nutshell is why I'd rather be out geocaching than watching TV.

Writers always have to somehow "improve" on something real and make it look stupid.

I've had similar issues with journalists interviewing me - it's not so much that they just get a few details wrong, but they try to put some kind of exciting new spin on things and make me look like I'm daft or a liar. ;)

So I avoids them all and go commune with the ticks and the pollen and the mud and puddles and mud puddles. :mad:

Well, it wasn't as bad as Law and Order, however, it was like watching a train wreck!

LOTM meant Left Others, Took Many...it means the killer left some kids alone and didn't harm them but he took many and those were the ones he killed or harmed.

I would assume that they went with GLOBOCACHING (closed captioning spelled it that way) cuz if they used Geocaching, Groundspeak would have something to say about that.

I watch the show regularly so it was good but it had more geeks at that convention than I ever saw in Revenge of the Nerds!!!!

Yep, I'm watching the same episode "Donovan Doe".

Any idea why they would call it "global caching" instead of what it really is?

LOL. Travel Hopper!!!

I imagine they know that geocaching is just one name for this activity. I know of one other site and have heard backyard rumors of another on besides that one.

Imagine how bad it would be if they said "T****caching" instead.

Wait... you don't wear an animal suit when you cache? :confused:

Are you saying I shouldnt wear a animal costume when caching? Dosn't the custume help you too not draw attention from Muggles? now I'm confused.