Miles Per Cache

OK I am stuck on ship and cannot go Caching (although hope to pick one up on the way home) so was looking at my statistics.

One I have never seen quoted but would like to see how I compare (maybe this is one for icache one day?).

Miles per Cache I average 12.15 miles per Cache. How do you compare?

Thats total distance:

Cache to cache (from itnotabouttenumbers)/ total number of finds.

I know international Caches etc will make a large difference but thats part of the fun of statistics..

Edited to add the unique caching fact: I have never been caching in October!

Whats your unique caching statistic?

Edited by GerritS

I sort of started something similar to this a while ago.... http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...arbon+footprint

And no, I'm not an eco warrior.

And yes - using public transport to cache is only more environmentally friendly if the bus/train/tram has been running more than half full all day.

And no - buying an economical car every year does not make you eco-friendly. Running an old car until it's at least 12 years old makes you eco friendly.

And if you're a cyclist and your frame's aluminium, you'll need to ride your bike 10 miles a day - on a route that you would normally drive - for 18 months to offset the carbon released in its manufacture.

Edited by keehotee

Kehotee - they are some interesting little facts there, cheers :) Being a former "Ecoversity Ambassador", it's always nice to find out stuff like that, as it makes living ecologically a lot more realistic :huh: And no, I'm not an eco-mentalist either, more of a "considerate realist"!

Kehotee - they are some interesting little facts there, cheers :lol: Being a former "Ecoversity Ambassador", it's always nice to find out stuff like that, as it makes living ecologically a lot more realistic :lol: And no, I'm not an eco-mentalist either, more of a "considerate realist"!

I work in the Oil Industry on ships where we count our daily fuel consumption in cubic Meters :)

I drive a Discovery :lol: , I would hate to think my Carbon Foot Print. My job is to help find and extract the Carbon :huh:

I was just curious how many miles per cache people do...

...snip...

And if you're a cyclist and your frame's aluminium, you'll need to ride your bike 10 miles a day - on a route that you would normally drive - for 18 months to offset the carbon released in its manufacture.

10 miles a day for 18 months? Lemme see...

*gets the abacus out*

(Assuming 30 days in a month): 5400 miles??

And then, I don't even drive, so don't have a route that I would normally drive. I'm doomed... :)

I was quite suprised to see ours is only 19.3 miles/cache. We have cached in Florida twice which increased the figures. The centre point for our cache finds used to be around 5 miles from home, since our last Florida trip it is sat in the middle of Ireland.

I suppose the only unique fact we have is not having found caches on 7 days of the year. As we use Findstatgen from GSAK I work at filling in all the gaps, so hope to complete several of the old months placed by the end of the year, and get some caches found on our blank days :)

Our average Miles/Cache works out as 20.5 (no doubt helped by the caches we found on the Costa Blanca last year). This summer we'll be going to Austria, so hopefully the average will increase further!

Our only unique stat is that we haven't found a cache below sea level yet (perhaps we need a holiday in the Netherlands??)

Chris

I have a personal tracker TB2X4H0

I have an unpublished cache at my home co-ordinates, every time i visit a chche i take it out of my unpublished cache, drop it into the one i visit then place it back into the unpublished cache.

this way it doesn't work out the milage between the caches i visit but also works out how many miles i have traveld to and from the cache im up to 857 miles,

here is a screen capture of the map:

d1f526db-8596-4343-ac9e-3f3f27dcf99f.jpg

Edited by daveindeal