Power Trail

An example of why a find count has become meaningless, IMO :)

Well, as a score, yes it's meaningless...but as a history of what I've found, it's great.

Exactly!! The found count has been rendered meaningless for years, when comparing finds to another cacher. I can't compare my finds to the "NGA placement team" no more than I could to someone who "attended" a single event 125 times

But it works pretty good as a history of what you've found and where you've been. Especially when received as a Myfinds PQ, and opened in GSAK or Cachestats. :lol:

Maybe they all signed the logs before they started for the day?

Maybe they all were on site, for each of the hides?

It's possible, but I don't believe it. :lol:

I talked to several of the cachers on the placement team at an event this last weekend. It sounds to me like they all went to each site.

because we want to grab a few before this series gets shut down.

Who said it's getting shut down?

I ask myself how is this P.T. any different than a magnetic key hide in every newspaper rack in a town

They are exactly the same! X500.

X500

The Trail Of The Gods is shutting down. It is being archived as I type! Bummer. Very glad I went.

because we want to grab a few before this series gets shut down.

Who said it's getting shut down?

I ask myself how is this P.T. any different than a magnetic key hide in every newspaper rack in a town

They are exactly the same! X500.

X500

The Trail Of The Gods is shutting down. It is being archived as I type! Bummer. Very glad I went.

Any particular reason you quoted my post to announce this...?

Maybe they all signed the logs before they started for the day?

Maybe they all were on site, for each of the hides?

It's possible, but I don't believe it. :)

I talked to several of the cachers on the placement team at an event this last weekend. It sounds to me like they all went to each site.

Wink - wink, nudge - nudge, say no more.

I'm sure they did... :D

I Love Power Trails.

Especially on days when I want to find alot of caches and want to do it in as little time as possible.

I also love power trails when I am doing alot of traveling. If their is a Power Trail on the road I happen to be driving down I love it, because I don't have to leave my main "Road" of travel.

Sorry to hear that some of you don't like it. Some of us do.

If you feel like it doesn't give others a chance to place caches... All I have to say is Tuff. First come first serve I believe is the rule on placing caches. (Providing they meet all the other requirments as well).

So now I am off to do a few more power trails! So I give a BIG THANK YOU to those who took the time to make a power trail for me.

TGC

[Edited by moderator to remove potty language. Don't be a potty mouth.]

Edited by Keystone

An example of why a find count has become meaningless, IMO :rolleyes:

Well, as a score, yes it's meaningless...but as a history of what I've found, it's great.

Exactly!! The found count has been rendered meaningless for years, when comparing finds to another cacher. I can't compare my finds to the "NGA placement team" no more than I could to someone who "attended" a single event 125 times

Higher numbers unconsciously imply more power, despite whether they have meaning or not. They also have a subconscious gravitational effect. Even if they individually have no apparent gravity, together they have mass. A numbers cacher is like a planet attracting satellite cachers. Don't be blinded, it's completely scientific. :rolleyes:

Over 80% of the caches on the Mojave desert Power Trail were archived a few days ago. This morning the Nevada Geocaching Association (NGA) held a flashmob event and handed out the assignments to remove the archived caches. A group of cachers from Colorado were allowed to log the archived caches since they had already paid their airfare to Las Vegas.

I know legoboyjj who with 2 of his friends from Oregon started a few seconds after midnight recently and found all but 5 on the powertrail plus all of the phobia series and all of the Presidents series finishing by 11:45 PM with a total of 695. They used 1 vehicle which had more than 100K on the odometer.

Those who really want to try for a real Power Trail will now have to travel to Australia for a 1001 cache trail which the CO says can be done in about 20 hours. The last 186 caches have a 1 or 0 which has to be recorded to find the final mystery cache using a binary code.

Over 80% of the caches on the Mojave desert Power Trail were archived a few days ago. This morning the Nevada Geocaching Association (NGA) held a flashmob event and handed out the assignments to remove the archived caches. A group of cachers from Colorado were allowed to log the archived caches since they had already paid their airfare to Las Vegas.

I know legoboyjj who with 2 of his friends from Oregon started a few seconds after midnight recently and found all but 5 on the powertrail plus all of the phobia series and all of the Presidents series finishing by 11:45 PM with a total of 695. They used 1 vehicle which had more than 100K on the odometer.

Those who really want to try for a real Power Trail will now have to travel to Australia for a 1001 cache trail which the CO says can be done in about 20 hours. The last 186 caches have a 1 or 0 which has to be recorded to find the final mystery cache using a binary code.

Wow... Now I have another reason to go to Australia.

Did they provide a reason as to why those caches on the Mojave Desert Power trail were archived?

Who knows maybe I will have to see about getting a powertrail set up in west texas. I see a few aresa where I might be able to get 500 caches going. Maybe more. Along a stretch of road about 60 miles long.

TGC

P.S. Just need to find a way to come up wiht 500 caches that would cost less than 50 cents a peice!

Edited by texasgrillchef
will now have to travel to Australia for a 1001 cache trail which the CO says can be done in about 20 hours. The last 186 caches have a 1 or 0 which has to be recorded to find the final mystery cache using a binary code.

:rolleyes: you do understand that the OZ trail is only "available" on April Fool's Day? right?

Film cans. Sure they're crappy, but it's for a power trail. I doubt the number hos will mind. :lol:

never thought I would see the day that you told anyone that Film canisters would be good for anything

If he put some kind of weight in them, like a pebble, he'd never have to leave his car. Just drive down the road, watching the odometer. Every time it clicks, pitch one out the window and hit the mark button. Let the FTF hounds provide any updates to the coords. I mean, if he's already committed to making a lame hide, multiplied by a thousand, why not go whole hog and use a lame container?

Film cans. Sure they're crappy, but it's for a power trail. I doubt the number hos will mind. :lol:

never thought I would see the day that you told anyone that Film canisters would be good for anything

If he put some kind of weight in them, like a pebble, he'd never have to leave his car. Just drive down the road, watching the odometer. Every time it clicks, pitch one out the window and hit the mark button. Let the FTF hounds provide any updates to the coords. I mean, if he's already committed to making a lame hide, multiplied by a thousand, why not go whole hog and use a lame container?

Because every time you hide a film can, a fairy dies. ;)

will now have to travel to Australia for a 1001 cache trail which the CO says can be done in about 20 hours. The last 186 caches have a 1 or 0 which has to be recorded to find the final mystery cache using a binary code.

:lol: you do understand that the OZ trail is only "available" on April Fool's Day? right?

Oh geez, he's probably never going to see our posts. That was originally posted to a local forum to me, and I have a funny feeling a few people fell for it over there, although I never asked. EDIT for clarification. It was originally posted to an Aussie Geocaching forum on 31 March, but someone posted a link to it at a forum local to me.

It's a great parody, and a sign of things to come. I tell you man, someone is going to do a 1,500 cache power trail on paved roads in Kansas or someplace, with them all being keyholders on the back of road signs. It will get as ridiculous as it can possibly get, up to the point where it can't get any more ridiculous. ;)

Edited by TheWhiteUrkel

> 06/19/10 < or for those in certain other areas of the world 19/06/10

What is that? The end of the world as predicted by The Mayans, who couldn't even invent metal Tools 500 years after they were invented in Europe? :lol:

Actually, I got it before hitting enter. It's the 1,000 caches power trail on a paved road in Nevada. That ain't nothing. The 1,500 cache power trail on paved roads will be here before the end of 2010. I have forseen it, not unlike Mayan Priests.