need an experienced geocacher to help

basket96

I would love someone who is an experienced geocacher to help. I live in Riverside California. I have done some geocaches before but am not real good at it, I have a 6 year old who really wants to do it bad....I went to 3 spots...but found nothing, so I am not sure if I am doing it wrong or what. any suggestions?

does anyone else go in groups?

thanks in advance

Quick work of advice, avoid Hazzmatt caches when you are just starting out. He has a bit of a twisted sense of humor and many of his caches are pretty challenging.

Here are a couple easy ones to try:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC11MCF

(the hint really gives this one away)

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GCHZN4

(might be a little more difficult, but the name is the hint)

You just missed the last Cache Addicts event, but they will probably be posting another one soon.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...2c-6127587e7953

I would love someone who is an experienced geocacher to help. I live in Riverside California. I have done some geocaches before but am not real good at it, I have a 6 year old who really wants to do it bad....I went to 3 spots...but found nothing, so I am not sure if I am doing it wrong or what. any suggestions?

thanks in advance

thanks in advance

It would really help you (and have fun at the same time) to attend one of the events in your area. They can be found in the weekly Geocaching newsletter. There you can meet people that would LOVE to help you! Cache on!

I'm in Elsinore if your still looking for help let me know and I will see what we can do :)

I would love to get together some weekend to do it....I was thinking about going out on friday to "setup" some fake ones so my 6 year old could get excited. he is having some fun trying to find one but with no success. we did it up in pismo with my nephews and we found 3 there but they werent microcaches, which seem to be VERY prevelant here.

thanks

carrigangroup@gmail.com

I'm in Elsinore if your still looking for help let me know and I will see what we can do :)

I would love to get together some weekend to do it....I was thinking about going out on friday to "setup" some fake ones so my 6 year old could get excited. he is having some fun trying to find one but with no success. we did it up in pismo with my nephews and we found 3 there but they werent microcaches, which seem to be VERY prevelant here.

thanks

carrigangroup@gmail.com

Since your a premium member you could run a pg for your area that will show other then micros. probably somewhere around the river area, also it would be a good idea to stay with the easier ones until you get the feel for them. As was stated above some of Hazzmat caches can be kind of nasty to find, he has an evil mind when it comes to hiding caches.

If you want to give it a try this weekend I'm available until about 3:30 pm on Saturday and all day Sunday

thanks in advance

Hi there.

I remember I had the same feeling exactly when I sterted. In the first three days I didn't find anything. Geocaching is a lot about experience.

The first thing to do is to select caches with low difficulty level. Difficulty is rated from 1 to 5. Try selecting some caches which feature D = 1 or 1,5. That

Good luck!

Leo

thanks in advance

Hello I am Larry the Pool Guy....I work in Riverside on Wednesdays and after work I geo caching. You are lucky to live in Riverside there are alot of good Geocachers ...that put out alot of good caches. They also have a Monthly meeting first Wednesday of the month. I will spend time getting you and your child on the right path if you like. Just Contact me or go to the meeting and I will see you there.

Give this one a try, watch out for the thorns though at least you can see them this time of year!

"Reg. Ethyl or burrito?" in downtown Riverside.

A very rewarding cache in Corona is at:"Well Prepared" there is a VERY helpful shop owner inside !

Keep looking it really is a matter of time!

Enjoy!

thanks in advance