WTB: inexpensive gps unit

Hi all

I just learned aboutgeocaching last summer when my 3.5yo niece wanted to climb in an old tree stump and we found a cache, she loved it and so did I, trouble is its hard to find the caches without a gps unit, but I am also very low on funds so I am looking for an inexpenive, usd GPS unit if anybody has oneout there that they were happy with but have since upgraded.

Thanks in advance

I have a Geomate Jr for sale, new in the box. Goes for 69 on Amazon. Will sell for $65 w/shipping incl.

Hi all

I just learned aboutgeocaching last summer when my 3.5yo niece wanted to climb in an old tree stump and we found a cache, she loved it and so did I, trouble is its hard to find the caches without a gps unit, but I am also very low on funds so I am looking for an inexpenive, usd GPS unit if anybody has oneout there that they were happy with but have since upgraded.

Thanks in advance

I have a Geomate Jr for sale, new in the box. Goes for 69 on Amazon. Will sell for $65 w/shipping incl.

Hi all

Thanks in advance

thanks for the offer but from what I heard the geomate jr is designed for US market and I am in Canada.

Hi all

Thanks in advance

thanks for the offer but from what I heard the geomate jr is designed for US market and I am in Canada.

If you buy the update kit (~$25) for the GeoMate jr, then it covers Canada as well. I've just ordered one. Although I live in Canada, I was motivated to buy it for ease of cache finding while on road trips in the U.S.

CanadaKate

I have a very nice Garmin etrex legend along with the owners manual and a Garmin VHS tape entitled "Using your Garmin etrex" that covers exactly how to use the legend. I would take $60 for everything, including shipping.

This sounds good, only question is: would it be any cheaper on shipping/price if you kept the vhs I don't have a player at the moment.

Thanks in advance from Jennifer

I have an eTrex Legend with manual, lanyard and cool neoprene case/clip. You can have it for $60, shipped. I can also preload the caches in your area for an extra $10

Thanks for the offer Xilo, however I sent Team5150 a message this morning to tell him I would take his and just need to know how to send him the funds.

Or you could have thousands of caches already load in a Geomate.....65 shipped.

I have an eTrex Legend with manual, lanyard and cool neoprene case/clip. You can have it for $60, shipped. I can also preload the caches in your area for an extra $10

I agree if you are in USA, but Canadians need to pay an extra $25 to get it to work here from what I understand so that brings it to $90, which is above my budget, thanks for the suggestion though, if I were in the US I'd probably have jumped at the offer.

I agree if you are in USA, but Canadians need to pay an extra $25 to get it to work here from what I understand so that brings it to $90, which is above my budget, thanks for the suggestion though, if I were in the US I'd probably have jumped at the offer.

I could send it with the latest Canada update

I could send it with the latest Canada update

Steph if your saying for $65 you'd send the geomate and update kit, then I may go with that instead, since most of the time I will be geocaching with a child who may want to hold the unit, I'm still waiting for a response from team5150, but have not heard since I sent the message on Tuesday.

[Do you know what the shipping would be to get it to Canada? Are you on the East or West Coast?

I am in B.C Canada (west, I am closer to Alberta than the coast)

Can you tell me the shipping cost from my address? Or can you give me your address in a PM so I can look up what that would cost?

[Do you know what the shipping would be to get it to Canada? Are you on the East or West Coast?

I am in B.C Canada (west, I am closer to Alberta than the coast)

Can you tell me the shipping cost from my address? Or can you give me your address in a PM so I can look up what that would cost?

About $12, I used the USPS thing online, I will try to PM you my adress but sometimes it doesn't send it, let me know if you don't get it, I'm sending it in a few minutes

;) I am looking for an inexpensive GPS - money is tight, too! Is your GPS compatible with VISTA OS or Linux (eeebuntu)? I read a review by someone saying eTrex Legend wasn't compatible with his VISTA computer... If it is, I would be interested in buying it!!

Edited by DandyDear711