Looking for Local Amateur Radio Operators!

Mr.Moo

Hello all!

I thought I would also post this here, since not many people read the GPS and Ham Radio forum.

I am looking for amateur radio operators to volunteer to help out at W7G, the Special Event Station at GeoWoodstock in Carnation, Washington.

You can find more info, including a volunteer application, at http://www.w7g.info

Thanks!

73!

Mr.Moo

KI6ZON

Paging k7-wave and W7WT....

W7WT here: Wish i could help. 10 years ago I would have been willing and able. I will be 85 in April and got my ham call shortly after serving in the NAVY during WW2. First about 3 years ago i lost 3 or the 4 tendons attached to my right roto cuff. Not repairable but I have lost 95 % use of my right arm. Right now I have a aortic valve that needs replacing. so waiting until i develope any symptons before they operate. A minor excuse is we never go anywhere on the 4th of July. Stay at home and keep the fire works from burning down our home. Doubt if I can operate my electronic bug to operate CW. Gosh, I'm beginning to feel sorry for myself. 73 & 88 Dick, W7WT

W7WT here: Wish i could help. 10 years ago I would have been willing and able. I will be 85 in April and got my ham call shortly after serving in the NAVY during WW2. First about 3 years ago i lost 3 or the 4 tendons attached to my right roto cuff. Not repairable but I have lost 95 % use of my right arm. Right now I have a aortic valve that needs replacing. so waiting until i develope any symptons before they operate. A minor excuse is we never go anywhere on the 4th of July. Stay at home and keep the fire works from burning down our home. Doubt if I can operate my electronic bug to operate CW. Gosh, I'm beginning to feel sorry for myself. 73 & 88 Dick, W7WT

Wow. I wish I could make it to 85 before I need my aortic valve replaced. I have been having mine checked every 6 months for almost 2 years now.

To the OP;

July is too far in the future to plan right now.

Ironman

KF7AWY

Edited by ironman114

My cardiologist tells me if I was a young man like you he would recomend an operation. Every one tells me don't have the operation until you really need it. As far as ham operators I hope they can round up some young contesters that are experienced. Maybe some of the local ham clubs like the one in Puyallup would be willing to take on the station and operators. Dick W7WT

Edited by W7WT

Hello all!

I thought I would also post this here, since not many people read the GPS and Ham Radio forum.

I am looking for amateur radio operators to volunteer to help out at W7G, the Special Event Station at GeoWoodstock in Carnation, Washington.

You can find more info, including a volunteer application, at http://www.w7g.info

Thanks!

73!

Mr.Moo

KI6ZON

If you haven't already, you should contact some of the local area clubs. There are several in the area;

Snoqualmie Valley Amateur Radio Club (probably closest)

Redmond ARES

Issaquah ARC

SARGe ( Sammamish )

NBAT ( North Bend )

there are more, but these are the closest.

All have websites, and there's probably a cacher or two amongst the members. ;)

McLaughlin's Marauders

K8DN

Hello all!

Thanks!

73!

Mr.Moo

KI6ZON

I plan on attending GW, I've filled out the app on the web page, but I too, am curious, what sort of station are you planning to set up? Talk-in on VHF? HF station?

(Gee, two hobbies at the same time!)

LostSparky (aka KX7L)