Numbers Run Ratio's

ToonAl

Recently a colleague of mine joined the geocaching community. We challenge each other here and there. He asked me what my most in a day was as he was going on a numbers run and want to try and out do me. (My one day total is actually not that high.) The thing is that he was going with someone else whereas I generally cache by myself when I get high numbers. I have never been on a numbers run with someone else. (No this is no a plea for friends. :D ). I challenged him that since there were two of them they had to at least double my finds to really beat me.

Here is the discussion I am trying to get started or question I am trying to get asked. Do you think more people help when on a numbers run? I recently saw these people get 400 in a day. But there was four of them. i realize there is still a time component that cannot be over come but when the more pairs of eyes looking often the faster the find.

thoughts?

Do you think more people help when on a numbers run? I recently saw these people get 400 in a day. But there was four of them. i realize there is still a time component that cannot be over come but when the more pairs of eyes looking often the faster the find.

I'm usually a solo cacher, and I have to say it's definitely faster with another cacher! If you're driving having a separate driver and navigator means that you don't have to park and plan as long. Once you're actually searching, finds happen way faster too! I would say that 2 people does more than halve the time needed caching. And with four people, once you're at GZ searches usually take a minute or less, in my experience.

...I recently saw these people get 400 in a day.

I am trying to imagine how that can even remotely be fun, but I am drawing a blank!

Rivalries can be fun, and different folks always like different strokes. My view is that if whatever you are doing remains fun, you are the winner. (Along with all the other winners.) When the balance tips from fun to "chore" you lose.

P.S. I agree with the others... more eyes = quicker finds.

...I recently saw these people get 400 in a day.

I am trying to imagine how that can even remotely be fun, but I am drawing a blank!

Rivalries can be fun, and different folks always like different strokes. My view is that if whatever you are doing remains fun, you are the winner. (Along with all the other winners.) When the balance tips from fun to "chore" you lose.

P.S. I agree with the others... more eyes = quicker finds.

I find more by myself. Rather then drag others along and have to wait for them to show up on time, bring appropriate equiptment etc etc and move along at THIER pace, I can go on mine.

Not to mention having to explain logistics of the route to take takes gads of time. :)

Cacching with others has its pluses and minuses.

If you can move fast and do it all on your own by all means do so.

And if all else fails, tell your friend caching alone is the greater glory ;)