to all 60 csx owners

Hi everyone i just bought my first gps a 60 csx , mostly for the tracks when i am on the bike, but i decided i would download some caches on the unit also . My question is there anyway to hide the caches on the maps or am i stuck looking at them all the time, i have well over 900 on the unit so you can imagine what it looks like when zoomed out .

thank you

While on the map screen press Menu and then select "Map Setup". Scroll over to "Map Setup - Points" and then down to "User Waypoints". Change it to Off.

thank you rattle head but when i did this i just got the name of the casche of the map , i am also looking to get rid of the symbol , any other suggestions? thanks again

I don't have my 60csx in front of me, but did you try pressing Menu on the map screen, then chose "Declutter map" to turn it on? I know that removes a lot of the other symbols, maybe it will also remove the cache ones as well.

thank you tachoknight , but it doesnt seem to do anything either, maybe it something i have to live with, but on the colorado 300 you are able to remove the casches, so i thought you would be able to on this .

thanks again

Hi everyone i just bought my first gps a 60 csx , mostly for the tracks when i am on the bike, but i decided i would download some caches on the unit also . My question is there anyway to hide the caches on the maps or am i stuck looking at them all the time, i have well over 900 on the unit so you can imagine what it looks like when zoomed out .

thank you

I take a slightly different approach. I only use my 60CSx on my bike and use the 550t for the majority of my geocaching. I only load a PQ of the route I intend to follow on my 60CSx and therefore don't have that problem. You might try that approach. If you're using GSAK it's a snap and only takes a couple of minutes to change data.

Hello m1brown,

When on the map page, press menu, then highlight map setup points (the little flag symbol) press enter to select points from this menu you can select Map Points, User Waypoints, Street Label or Land Cover. All four of these you can have on auto or have them show at anything from Off or 20ft to 500miles. To test it, highlight the user waypoints and change it to 20ft, press enter to select that setting, the cache symbols will now only show if you zoom in to 20ft.

Regards

Bernard

PS Please see pages 43/44/45 of the user manual for details.

Edited by bcnorwich

Hello m1brown,

When on the map page, press menu, then highlight map setup points (the little flag symbol) press enter to select points from this menu you can select Map Points, User Waypoints, Street Label or Land Cover. All four of these you can have on auto or have them show at anything from Off or 20ft to 500miles. To test it, highlight the user waypoints and change it to 20ft, press enter to select that setting, the cache symbols will now only show if you zoom in to 20ft.

Regards

Bernard

PS Please see pages 43/44/45 of the user manual for details.

What he said. Personally I prefer to set miner to .5 to .25 which allows me to quickly go to the area then zoom to the specific location and get the lay of the land. To each his own but it's a great way of working with the settings to eliminate clutter.

Be safe.

N

.... you can select Map Points, User Waypoints, Street Label or Land Cover. All four of these you can have on auto or have them show at anything from Off or 20ft to 500miles. ..............
I can see what "User waypoints" and "Street Label" mean but - dumb question, I'm sure - what do "Map Points" and Land Cover" mean?

I'll try this again, lost it the first time. Bad enough to be learning how to post, and lose it, but I am slow and have to hunt & peck it out. losing hurts!

On my regular Waypoints I use the smallest Marker box (dot) icon. Then with the User Waypoints set to None, I can pan the white arrow over and touch on one of the WP dots, and a small box opens up with the WP ID in it, for about 5 sec. Helps to keep down the clutter, when there are a lot of points close together.

Now to see if this one times out.

Hello PloddinPedro,

Map Points are the POI that are loaded with the map ie Hotels, Airports and Super Markets. They are fixed waypoints.

Land Cover has me stumped. I've just been playing with the settings on my unit and nothing seems to change.

Regards

Bernard

Hello Again PloddinPedro,

Land Cover, is the shading for the topography of the land. ie woods and forest =greenish. You can set this feature to show at different zoom levels or turn it off.

Something else I've now learnt, thanks.

Regards

Bernard

Thanks for that Bernard - you obviously have more patience than me! I tried fiddling with the "Map Points" but couldn't see any difference - I had them set to "Auto", which presumably means the unit decides on some unknowable basis when to display them!

I think I'll turn off the "Land Cover" as I use the unit for cycling mainly and I think I'll know when I'm in the woods! <_<

Hello Again PloddinPedro,

Land Cover, is the shading for the topography of the land. ie woods and forest =greenish. You can set this feature to show at different zoom levels or turn it off.

Something else I've now learnt, thanks.

Regards

Bernard

Thanks for that Bernard - you obviously have more patience than me! I tried fiddling with the "Map Points" but couldn't see any difference - I had them set to "Auto", which presumably means the unit decides on some unknowable basis when to display them!

I think I'll turn off the "Land Cover" as I use the unit for cycling mainly and I think I'll know when I'm in the woods! ;)