Looking for a Buddy in Beaverton

neomia

Well, I'm hooked. :laughing: I think that might be putting it mildly. I am currently on Day 18 of finding at least one a day since the day I started! And I have all sorts of dorky ideas already about starting collections and making a craft as my "calling card". But I still get frustrated with alot of DNFs. Mostly those stupid micros LOL. Even when it says they are easy. Maybe I just shouldn't bother with them!

Anyway, I see alot of people talking about going out hunting with others and thought it would be great to find a more experienced buddy who could maybe encourage me with the little ones. I live in the Aloha area but am willing to travel around town. The only catch is, I have two small children, so scheduling could be tricky or you must like kids. :anitongue: To be honest, I would rather do something like this without my 5 year old, as he doesn't have much interest in micros. My toddler likes to stay with me though. She is pretty easy going and likes to say things like "Let's go find it!" "We did it!" and "Put it back" lol. If I want to come alone, it would probably have to be on a weekend.

Thanks for reading and looking forward to meeting some local folks in real life!

PS I can't go to the Papa's thing as I have a previous engagement that night.

Well, I'm hooked. ;) I think that might be putting it mildly. I am currently on Day 18 of finding at least one a day since the day I started! And I have all sorts of dorky ideas already about starting collections and making a craft as my "calling card". But I still get frustrated with alot of DNFs. Mostly those stupid micros LOL. Even when it says they are easy. Maybe I just shouldn't bother with them!

Anyway, I see alot of people talking about going out hunting with others and thought it would be great to find a more experienced buddy who could maybe encourage me with the little ones. I live in the Aloha area but am willing to travel around town. The only catch is, I have two small children, so scheduling could be tricky or you must like kids. :D To be honest, I would rather do something like this without my 5 year old, as he doesn't have much interest in micros. My toddler likes to stay with me though. She is pretty easy going and likes to say things like "Let's go find it!" "We did it!" and "Put it back" lol. If I want to come alone, it would probably have to be on a weekend.

Thanks for reading and looking forward to meeting some local folks in real life!

The best way I have found to get with some other cachers is to start making it a HIGH priority to go to any and all events that come up in the area, and talk with other cachers you will develop relationships, you will find out quick who the cachers are you want to go out with, and unfortunately the ones that you won't, and then from there will have several different cachers to go out with. I have done many caches in Beaverton, Aloha and surrounding areas don't you just love Baradam's caches........LOL

Have Fun

Scubasonic

Anyway, I see alot of people talking about going out hunting with others and thought it would be great to find a more experienced buddy who could maybe encourage me with the little ones. I live in the Aloha area but am willing to travel around town. The only catch is, I have two small children, so scheduling could be tricky or you must like kids. <_< To be honest, I would rather do something like this without my 5 year old, as he doesn't have much interest in micros. My toddler likes to stay with me though. She is pretty easy going and likes to say things like "Let's go find it!" "We did it!" and "Put it back" lol. If I want to come alone, it would probably have to be on a weekend.

The best way I have found to get with some other cachers is to start making it a HIGH priority to go to any and all events that come up in the area, and talk with other cachers you will develop relationships, you will find out quick who the cachers are you want to go out with, and unfortunately the ones that you won't, and then from there will have several different cachers to go out with. I have done many caches in Beaverton, Aloha and surrounding areas don't you just love Baradam's caches........LOL

Have Fun

Scubasonic

You mean all geocachers aren't awesome people I would love to hang out with lol? I am pretty easy going and could probably put up with anybody for one time, but your take on it does make sense.

I haven't done many of Baradam's but do see his name pop up alot. I will say that Tanasbourne series seems pretty evil as I don't see when I could do most of them without being seen!

Cachers in the west Portland metro area hang out at http://www.pdxgeocaching.com/forum/index.php.

Thanks so much! Will register and try my "personal ad" there.

Try here as well - GEOregon

The event at Papa's Pizza this weekend is just one of many of ours coming up. We have a monthly meet and greet plus other really fun things planned :) Also, there is a forum board and a thread for cachers trying to meet up with other cachers. Our events are extremely family friendly (I have two kids myself) and I think you would enjoy yourself and meet lots of great cachers in your area.

Cachers in the west Portland metro area hang out at http://www.pdxgeocaching.com/forum/index.php.

Unfortunately their CAPTCHA sucks.. I've tried 4 times to read the letters and failed all four times. Not worth any more effort. ;)

@jgaiser I have decreased the complexity of the noise in the CAPTCHA. I do get two or three valid new users a month and about 15 or 20 invalid spambot registrations. Given this I was not aware that it was so hard for real people to read. I have not frequented the GC forums in several years so I am unlikely to see any thing posted here. Some of our locals that do visit here pointed out your comment to me. Please try to join our local forums again and if you still have trouble contact me directly.

@jgaiser I have decreased the complexity of the noise in the CAPTCHA. I do get two or three valid new users a month and about 15 or 20 invalid spambot registrations. Given this I was not aware that it was so hard for real people to read. I have not frequented the GC forums in several years so I am unlikely to see any thing posted here. Some of our locals that do visit here pointed out your comment to me. Please try to join our local forums again and if you still have trouble contact me directly.

Something seems to have worked, as I finally was able to register. Thanks..